Listening suspended.....

Chacer

All,

It is confirmed there is a conflict, but DiCE is not on the list of mods guaranteed to be compatible with Vaicom (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/232373-faq/?do=findComment&comment=4256673)

Cheers

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

All,

It is confirmed there is a conflict, but DiCE is not on the list of mods guaranteed to be compatible with Vaicom (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/232373-faq/?do=findComment&comment=4256673)

Cheers

While you're at it...
The quick links in the FAQ don't work as the new forum probably messed up things. Seen that a lot in older posts as well.
FAQ thread should be closed, and all messages should be moved to main thread as they are just clutter.
My 2 cents...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

yes... also when is not running DICE as you can set on options to not be loaded once made the modifications in the countermeasure programs. 

What it happens to me is, Vaicom allow me to make the FIRST voice command, but NOT the second. So I can use a "menu" to make appear the menu, but not be able to choose any menu number as listening is suspended.

This also happens to me not only with DICE but also the HERCULES mod. Maybe both share something. don't know.

Edited by Japo32

37 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

yes... also when is not running DICE as you can set on options to not be loaded once made the modifications in the countermeasure programs. 

What it happens to me is, Vaicom allow me to make the FIRST voice command, but NOT the second. So I can use a "menu" to make appear the menu, but not be able to choose any menu number as listening is suspended.

This also happens to me not only with DICE but also the HERCULES mod. Maybe both share something. don't know.

I am still trying to investigate with @Hollywood_315 (making no promises about fixes but trying to understand the root cause).

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm not using the DiCE mod (Indeed I had to google what it was!) but am having exactly the same Listening Suspended Issue (In SP)

Viacom works fine when I "test" with just VA open...but won't work once i've loaded DCS and joined a Mission

Just to clarify - it doesn't appear to be a problem with my PTT bindings - all operate correctly and can be seen to operate in the Viacom control console PTT window (those I have bound anyway TX1, TX2 and TX3

I'm quite happy rolling back to an older version if someone could point me in the direction of a) a version that still works and b) tells me how I do that!

Edited by jasonbirder

Airbag_signatur.png

I'm not using the DiCE mod (Indeed I had to google what it was!) but am having exactly the same Listening Suspended Issue (In SP)
Viacom works fine when I "test" with just VA open...but won't work once i've loaded DCS and joined a Mission

Just to clarify - it doesn't appear to be a problem with my PTT bindings - all operate correctly and can be seen to operate in the Viacom control console PTT window (those I have bound anyway TX1, TX2 and TX3

I'm quite happy rolling back to an older version if someone could point me in the direction of a) a version that still works and b) tells me how I do that!
Do you have the community Hercules mod?

To install the old version download the .24 version from the Downloads page on Vaicompro.com and then replace the dll in the Vaicom install folder

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn't have it installed - i've gone into OvGME and disabled what i've got (nothing too exciting Range Objects, Skins etc)

Ignore me - its now working for everything except Intercom  so i'll play with it and see if I can fix - might be a problem my end

Sorry!

Airbag_signatur.png

All,

@Hollywood_315 and I have spent quite some time in conversation today regarding the DiCE issues. I can now confirm (thanks to Hollywood's debugging) that it is definitely an issue with the way that DiCE manipulates DCS information to insert its CMS files. It does something with the lua file system that corrupts the real time state information read from DCS by Vaicom.

This can only be addressed through changes to the DiCE mod.

• Like 1

All,

@Hollywood_315 and I have spent quite some time in conversation today regarding the DiCE issues. I can now confirm (thanks to Hollywood's debugging) that it is definitely an issue with the way that DiCE manipulates DCS information to insert its CMS files. It does something with the lua file system that corrupts the real time state information read from DCS by Vaicom.

This can only be addressed through changes to the DiCE mod.
Great to have it confirmed. But I guess something changed in VAICOM towards 2.7.x compatibility with the 2.5.25.x update, since basically everything works except kneeboard in 2.5.24.
Of course obviously something changed in DCS with 2.7 as well.

2 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Great to have it confirmed. But I guess something changed in VAICOM towards 2.7.x compatibility with the 2.5.25.x update, since basically everything works except kneeboard in 2.5.24.
Of course obviously something changed in DCS with 2.7 as well. emoji4.png

Having done a lot of watching it, 2.5.24 does show the same weird behaviour under the hood if you sit and watch it (if you don't touch any keys or buttons you get mission reset messages in the VA log every 2 minutes when Vaicom polls DCS). The difference between the 24 and 25 is that listening is suspended before these and reenabled afterwards in 24, when in 25 it suspends after these messages and so never reenables.

I have spent soooo long watching these damn things today 🙂. With DiCE installed, both of them also bring up the mission restart messages on every other press of the TX button.

Having done a lot of watching it, 2.5.24 does show the same weird behaviour under the hood if you sit and watch it (if you don't touch any keys or buttons you get mission reset messages in the VA log every 2 minutes when Vaicom polls DCS). The difference between the 24 and 25 is that listening is suspended before these and reenabled afterwards in 24, when in 25 it suspends after these messages and so never reenables.

I have spent soooo long watching these damn things today . With DiCE installed, both of them also bring up the mission restart messages on every other press of the TX button.
Hmmm...
You are probably correct, and that probably relates to the "disabled commands" issues as well, as I never saw them before.
I do now get them from time to time if I do some tinkering.
But shutdown/restart of both VA/DCS usually solves it. It's an annoying thing for me now, as this behaviour wasn't there before for me.

BTW: What's the command for the "REF' page on the kneeboard?
I just can't seem to find it. Re-read through the manual, and I don't even know what that page is.
Loving the kneeboard now. Gotta tune VA for the bookmark commands. That will be cool, to easily get back to the VAICOM page, unless somebody knows a more elegant solution. In the VAICOM manual it states that the bookmark should be yellow, and not red as I have.
Sometimes when I say a command and I get a double beep, and it opens the wrong page though. Just tested in the Mig-19, and "show notes" took me to the "log" page.

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

BTW: What's the command for the "REF' page on the kneeboard?

Chief....page works for me

• Like 2

It is because REF is for refuelling etc.

• Like 1

Just to close this off, Bailey has suggested that the interim workaround is to use his offline DCS CMS Editor rather than DiCE while he looks at how to resolve the DiCE issue on a permanent basis

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Yes... I am using it and it is working, but there is an issue still with the Super Hercules from Anubis:

DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis - Page 19 - Mods and Apps - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Investigating a little more, I saw that the entry.lua file is the ones that is affecting it... and more in depth, these lines

Options = {
    {
            name         = _("Hercules"),
            nameId         = "Hercules",
            dir         = "Options",
        },
    },    

That if I remove them, it allows Vaicom to continuosly listen. Don't know what have to do this "option" with Vaicom, but I hope it makes things easier for making both mods compatible. 

Thanks.

@hornblower793

The "fun" part is that I resolved my "listening suspended" issues rather quickly by setting the recommended settings on the MP tab without removing DiCE or the Hercules. But my "disabled command" issue, does not occur as frequently as before, after removing them. Will try the Hercules again tomorrow, maybe. If VAICOM suddenly stops working again, it seems that restarting while still in DCS solves it for a while.
If you happen to chat to@Hollywood_315, let him know I'd be eager to sort it out once and for all, if can be of help to test whatever need be.
@Japo32

"To see the module name, add a 'Write to log' command to one of your TX press commands using the token {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name}. Start a mission and press the TX".

From this thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254389-per-aircraft-ptt-buttons/&share_tid=254389&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Doing this, the Hercules would only show up as "---", the Super Tucano as well. The A-4C-E or MB-339 never did that ever. VAICOM has always recognised them, even before without working radios on the A-4.
Maybe that's something to do with it. Also though I like the Hercules, it has never been compatible/working after any DCS update if I remember correctly. So pretty much a work in progress. Have they shed any of the promised news yet?
Cheers!

I have the use in multiplayer option on, and still has this problem. Always has set the "use in multiplayer" as I play much with my fellows and Vaicom.
Sorry, I was unclear, I was referring to the code you pasted in the second part of my post.
I'll double check if the "module check" works with the latest Hercules release. I don't think so, because I think I tested because of the radio upgrade, whatever that was, as I think it didn't get recognised by VAICOM.
Cheers!

I have this problem also, where the listening is suspended right after the hotkey is pressed. I have the T-45C and EA-6B Prowler mods installed. 

I have not been able to use VAICOM at all for some time, which is a shame...
Hi!
Have you tried any of the suggested remedies?

3 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hi!
Have you tried any of the suggested remedies?

Sorry, I browsed through this thread and didn't realize there were some remedies that really worked. I will try as soon as I have time. Thank you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MagicSlave said:

Sorry, I browsed through this thread and didn't realize there were some remedies that really worked. I will try as soon as I have time. Thank you!

Do you have DiCE installed?