[REPORTED]IFLOS Not Stabilized

hein22

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Half a year after the report, I wanted to ask if this is still on the plans to fix? In august ED fixed the ICLS part of this bug, but the IFLOS is still affected.

THanks.

Apparently ... no one is working anymore on the Supercarrier completion since months !?! :cry:

@BIGNEWY

or

@NineLine

Any input on this thread for the OP - seems as though he's followed his suspected bug for quite some time and being patient. Figured it was worth a shot tagging you to try for assistance.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

Sorry for completely overlooking this thread, can you explain to me in simple terms what is the problem here, I maybe missing the point.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry for completely overlooking this thread, can you explain to me in simple terms what is the problem here, I maybe missing the point.

thanks

Hey! Sure no problem.

Both ICLS and IFLOS are mounted on torsion bars so the pitch of the boat won't affect the angle at which the beam (ICLS) or light (IFLOS) projects.

The ICLS was fixed already in an august OB patch. I know ED wrote "roll" but they fixed the pitch part.

ICLS is not stabilized. If ship rolls on waves ICLS bar swings together with deck - fixed

But the IFLOS still moves along with the axis of the deck, which is incorrect as the torsion bar makes a unique earth referenced angle.

I do not know what is the maximum angle the torsion bar can compensate, as it is not magic and if the carrier pitches like hell there may be some degree of deviations in the actual angle, but the devs surely know.

Stay safe

Hey! Sure no problem.

Both ICLS and IFLOS are mounted on torsion bars so the pitch of the boat won't affect the angle at which the beam (ICLS) or light (IFLOS) projects.

The ICLS was fixed already in an august OB patch. I know ED wrote "roll" but they fixed the pitch part.

But the IFLOS still moves along with the axis of the deck, which is incorrect as the torsion bar makes a unique earth referenced angle.

I do not know what is the maximum angle the torsion bar can compensate, as it is not magic and if the carrier pitches like hell there may be some degree of deviations in the actual angle, but the devs surely know.

I wanted to see it for myself so I set the WOD 65 knots. The boat was pitching more then I hoped for:huh: and I was so hypnotized with the deck movement that I failed to see any difference between the ICLS glideslope and the ball. From what I can tell the ball had similar deviations to what ICLS was showing. Both were hitting their limits in my opinion. It is a hell of an improvement from few months ago.

I flew with half flaps on a 3.5 deg. GS (the only option we have) in conditions well above my skill level... should've been a wave-off!

I posted a clip, perhaps you can see more then I could as far as FLOLS v ICLS goes. The first 1 min. shows the approach, second part shows me launching from cat3. The shot looked as if in slow motion.

I'll try more realistic conditions later on. In stable approach I should be able to see the ball better.

I wanted to see it for myself so I set the WOD 65 knots. The boat was pitching more then I hoped for:huh: and I was so hypnotized with the deck movement that I failed to see any difference between the ICLS glideslope and the ball. From what I can tell the ball had similar deviations to what ICLS was showing. Both were hitting their limits in my opinion. It is a hell of an improvement from few months ago.

I flew with half flaps on a 3.5 deg. GS (the only option we have) in conditions well above my skill level... should've been a wave-off!

I posted a clip, perhaps you can see more then I could as far as FLOLS v ICLS goes. The first 1 min. shows the approach, second part shows me launching from cat3. The shot looked as if in slow motion.

I'll try more realistic conditions later on. In stable approach I should be able to see the ball better.

ICLS was the only change there was. IFLOS behaves the same since supercarrier day 1. You can even use the stennis and see the difference (stennis has the torsion bars modeled).

Only way of trying is F2 view steady, let the boat pitch and see the ball move heavily.

Funny enough, the stennis has the IFLOS working correctly but the ICLS bugged. Supercarrier has the ICLS working correctly but IFLOS bugged. :joystick:

Stay safe

ICLS was the only change there was. IFLOS behaves the same since supercarrier day 1. You can even use the stennis and see the difference (stennis has the torsion bars modeled).

Only way of trying is F2 view steady, let the boat pitch and see the ball move heavily.

Funny enough, the stennis has the IFLOS working correctly but the ICLS bugged. Supercarrier has the ICLS working correctly but IFLOS bugged. :joystick:

I bet when the FLOS on SC gets stabilized, the one on Stennis will stop compensating...

Anyway, I saw the discrepancy on my follow up flight. 40 knots down the angle.

I bet when the FLOS on SC gets stabilized, the one on Stennis will stop compensating...

Anyway, I saw the discrepancy on my follow up flight. 40 knots down the angle.

Lol, hehe.

Yeah, I know that for us to see an actual difference there has to be winds that comes from hell rather than a cardinal point, but it still is worth the report. :)

Stay safe

• 3 weeks later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to [REPORTED]IFLOS Not Stabilized
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • ED Team

I have reported to the team for checking, I can not say if this is a bug or not currently, 

When I get some feedback I will reopen the thread and reply.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2