Possible re install, advice please on best way to do this

markturner1960

Hi, I still cant use the software, getting the "command disabled" error same as Max. I am tempted to uninstall, is this easy and whats the recommended process. I dont really want to do all the comms set up and voice learning stuff again.....

thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I believe @MAXsenna now has his working.

When are you letting go of the TX button - have you waited for the action beep after speaking before releasing the TX.

In another thread @Hollywood_315 has said that the command disabled error occurs if you release to early and have REL HOT selected (I can get it to trigger if I do this)

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

When are you letting go of the TX button - have you waited for the action beep after speaking before releasing the TX.
In another thread @Hollywood_315 has said that the command disabled error occurs if you release to early and have REL HOT selected (I can get it to trigger if I do this)
Ah! That might be it! I'll check later, as I sort of gave up yesterday and rather checked out some familiar sites in the Nordic update in that new sim.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Hi Hornblower, I have always in the past used it by holding the PTT button for all the time I am speaking......are you saying this has changed now and you only need to push it momentarily? Where is ReL hot option? Essentially, have changed none of my settings at all and was all working as it should before.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

17 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi Hornblower, I have always in the past used it by holding the PTT button for all the time I am speaking......are you saying this has changed now and you only need to push it momentarily? Where is ReL hot option? Essentially, have changed none of my settings at all and was all working as it should before.....

No - once you have finished speaking make sure you keep holding the PTT down until you hear the beep confirming the command has been understood (which is what I have always done). The REL HOT button is bottom right on the PTT tab and will be orange / red when activated.

When I have this selected I have then tried releasing the PTT as soon as I have finished speaking and holding it until I hear the beep. If I release before the beep I get the 'Command disabled' message.

New MP integration options have been added with this release that will have changed some things under the hood and may require adjustment to user SOPs

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

OK, so whats the purpose of the REL hot light/button - as you cant generally see it unless you have the config window up? 

No - once you have finished speaking make sure you keep holding the PTT down until you hear the beep confirming the command has been understood (which is what I have always done). The REL HOT button is bottom right on the PTT tab and will be orange / red when activated.

When I have this selected I have then tried releasing the PTT as soon as I have finished speaking and holding it until I hear the beep. If I release before the beep I get the 'Command disabled' message.

New MP integration options have been added with this release that will have changed some things under the hood and may require adjustment to user SOPs
Right. I'm used to releasing before and then hear the confirmation.

OK, so whats the purpose of the REL hot light/button - as you cant generally see it unless you have the config window up? 
It shows you that it's relayed, and if you click it. You set VA to continues listening for pure VA commands. I don't want press TXs to say "gear up". So that's how I do it.