Turn rate has tanked with new update

Hummingbird

@maxsin72 Skysurfer looked up the timestamp on Paco's comments I mentioned above (thanks for that). Essentially he is saying exactly the same thing as Victory. Also note that he points out that the F-15 story was not based solely on his own experiences but accounts. He mentions that he himself didn't fly much against F-15s. He also mentions that if you did pull a stunt like that you had a "long way home at 250kts" (because the flaps would Jam)... Just wanted to follow up on that, since you wanted to hear it from him directly.

on the timestamp, if it doesn't work, it starts at 35:59

Thank you IronMike :)

The video is interesting. I thought Paco met F15 during his period on F14 but i was wrong. What would be really interesting, is an F14 pilot who really met F15 and fought with flaps but perhaps we are talking about few person.

Anyway, if somebody who had such experience apart Snort exist and you know his name, please let me know.

Thanks again, you are very kind :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Skysurfer said:

Has anyone checked if this has improved? Seems the not being able to break Mach 1 in a Tomcat is still a thing...

Today I tried 1v2 guns only F-14B vs F-15C; F-14B vs JF-17; F-14B vs Su-33 on build 2.5.6.57530 and then the same missions on the last path (2.5.6.59398). I didn't do any professional testing and comparisons with charts or something, but It felt much more maneuverable on the 2.5.6.57530 (November 10 patch). I could out rate the JF-17 on the deck with no problem and the same goes for the Su-33. On the last patch there is no way that you can out rate the JF-17. My guess is that the FM is not the same as before.

• Like 1

I'm glad I saw this thread....after the update I thought I was going crazy.  The Tomcat was just bleeding energy so much in turns it was frustrating to think I was doing it wrong.  I also found that in a nose down attitude, with full burner, that she barely accelerated in general.  And this was clean.  I out 2 Sidewinders on and it was worse.

I'm glad HB has seen this thread and are checking things out.  In the meantime I guess I'll fly other missions or something else.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Still broken, just not up to that extent. It's now about 0.5g behind what it should around mach0.4-0.5 (resulting in 1.5-2.0 degrees per second of STR loss) and 1g behind the transonic for the A and 2.5 behind in the transonic for the B.

Edited by captain_dalan
  • Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 11/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, maxsin72 said:

Thank you IronMike 🙂

The video is interesting. I thought Paco met F15 during his period on F14 but i was wrong. What would be really interesting, is an F14 pilot who really met F15 and fought with flaps but perhaps we are talking about few person.

Anyway, if somebody who had such experience apart Snort exist and you know his name, please let me know.

Thanks again, you are very kind :thumbup:

Well there was Hoser Sartapa...

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 11/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, IronMike said:

Fixed internally.

Thanks.

Does this mean we have to wait until the next patch to see the fix, or is it being pushed to us?  How does this work?

v6,

boNes

11 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

Thanks.

Does this mean we have to wait until the next patch to see the fix, or is it being pushed to us?  How does this work?

v6,

boNes

yea, probably the next OB update it will be at the end of next month

23 minutes ago, Gibo said:

Can you please let me know wich is the Joseph Satrapa book you are talking about?

"Hoser Here, Shoot!" most likely.  Published by the Tomcat-Sunset.org staff in 2011.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

23 hours ago, IronMike said:

There might be a hotfix before the end of year, but it isnt up to us.

There's planned OB fix patch 23rd December 2020.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

6 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

@IronMike

You wouldn't happen to have a rough ETA for when a fix might hit?

Starting to get withdrawal from not playing the cat in over a month now 

tenor.gif

I mean...sure its no where to the extent of say the F-4, F-106 ect but she was first and foremost an interceptor. Lobbing AIM-54s at things is kinda her thing. don't see this decreased turn rate as a reason to stop flying it till its fixed.  

DCS F-14A/B Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations 

• NEW! Added F-14B Campaign “Operation Reforger - The Iron Heel”

• Fixed TWS tracks clashing with datalink in multicrew. 

• Added TGTS size keybinds for RIO. 

• Updated AIM-7 to parity with ED’s AIM-7. 

• Fixed AIM-7 dogfight LTE to 0.7s (was accidentally immediate). 

• Prevent AIM-54 continuing to track target if TWS track was deleted and later re-acquired (new track technically). 

• Fix: ensure that AIM-54 active command is only sent while radar is transmitting. 

• Livery fixes for VF-102 and 103 Hi Vis. 

• Small fixes to A liveries. 

• Added hog to VF-11 droptank on B version. 

• Fixed mirroring issues on Last Ride and Grim Reapers liveries. 

• Fix for engine fire at continued M1.1. 

• Adjusted transonic drag for F-14A.

This is the patch on Dec. 23.

It not mentions about F-14B turning performance fix. Has it already implemented into hotfix or not?

@IronMike @Hummingbird

On 12/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, IronMike said:

There might be a hotfix before the end of year, but it isnt up to us.

So... since you said it was fixed internally back on the 19th, did this get addressed in today's patch as there is no mention of it?

20 hours ago, Southernbear said:

I mean...sure its no where to the extent of say the F-4, F-106 ect but she was first and foremost an interceptor. Lobbing AIM-54s at things is kinda her thing. don't see this decreased turn rate as a reason to stop flying it till its fixed.  

Whoever told you that, should get your money back!

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

22 hours ago, Southernbear said:

Lobbing AIM-54s at things is kinda her thing. don't see this decreased turn rate as a reason to stop flying it till its fixed.  

For the people who only fly the Tomcat in SP and just enjoy dogfighting...then I can see this being a very big deal. If you're like me though, I fly in MP on the 104th server usually just flying CAP for the blue side or some occasional air-to-ground, it is really not an issue. Whenever there are reds on I usually get some kills, but about 80-85% are AIM-54 kills with the rest being sidewinder kills. Fights rarely get to the merge or a drawn out turn fight. 

While I also want all the bugs to be fixed, none of these current bugs affect me being able to enjoy flying and fighting in my Tomcat.

• Like 2