[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]CCIP drop line bugged?

sirrah

I just completed mission 7 of Raven One campaign and I had to drop some CCIP bombs.

Pretty sure I didn't do anything different than before, but my CCIP line (not sure about the correct terminology) is off by ±15° while in level flight.

Wasn't able to add the track file because it was too large

Did manage to capture it on a screenshot (sorry for the poor quality.. in VR it looks much sharper :P)

Edit:

Now that I think of it, I had the same issue a few weeks back on one of the Liberation campaign missions. But back then it was with a couple of MK-82's instead of CBU-99's

Screen_201107_202348.png.48db4df25a0397a0a6b54f10ced8ca47.png

Screen_201107_202340.png.a74d8ab903496a863747e308e301405e.png

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Looking at your advisory line shows the P/INS advisory. Your INS is not being corrected by GPS; move the INS knob to IFA.

Hm yes I see now...

Strange.. I did a stored heading alignment on deck, shouldn't that be enough normally?

I thought in flight alignment was an alternative to stored or full alignment.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hm yes I see now...

Strange.. I did a stored heading alignment on deck, shouldn't that be enough normally?

I thought in flight alignment was an alternative to stored or full alignment.

Negative. After either full align or std hdg you have to then enter IFA, which is the coupled INS/GPS mode of the Hornet. If you pick NAV it's INS only. Either way: after aligning set IFA and you are good to go (with mission in GPS era, obvsly)

• Like 1

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Negative. After either full align or std hdg you have to then enter IFA, which is the coupled INS/GPS mode of the Hornet. If you pick NAV it's INS only. Either way: after aligning set IFA and you are good to go (with mission in GPS era, obvsly)

Thanks!

I guess I missed when that got implemented

System specs:

Thanks mate.

(Funny to see this got a "cannot reproduce" tag, as it's pretty clear what caused it :P)

System specs:

To tag along on this thread... if a mission is prior to GPS and we flip to IFA... what happens? anything bad? does the alignment get screwed up?

If you don't get the P/INS tag (not sure what the official term for those warnings/area are) and you turn to IFA what happens?

I've been having issues with the CCIP bomb line as well and I'm narrowing it down to an INS issue. Whether it's a bug or my user error I've yet to determine.

Moving the INS knob to IFA without GPS should command In-Flight Alignment Radar (IFA RDR) mode. The process is described in the NATOPS (section 24.2.3.4.2), but basically fly straight and level as long as practical. When alignment quality reads OK, move the INS switch to NAV. If GPS is reacquired during IFA RDR, it should switch over automatically (HSI should display IFA RDR or IFA GPS above the QUAL depending on which alignment mode the aircraft is using). If GPS is available when alignment quality reaches OK, the aircraft should automatically switch to AINS mode and no further action is needed.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

To tag along on this thread... if a mission is prior to GPS and we flip to IFA... what happens? anything bad? does the alignment get screwed up?

If you don't get the P/INS tag (not sure what the official term for those warnings/area are) and you turn to IFA what happens?

I've been having issues with the CCIP bomb line as well and I'm narrowing it down to an INS issue. Whether it's a bug or my user error I've yet to determine.

So flying campaign last night I had my ccip bomb line... drift to the side again... I found that you can fix it by selecting the bomb mode back to auto and then back to ccip it realigns the ccip. Not sure if this is a bug or normal or if it helps to fix... but it certainly fixes it in flight.

Hey

same problem here

i play dcs liberation Caucasus 2010.

no way to have a good ccip cue

always veering left or right

I tried ins alignment via nav and also ifa

but none of those gave me a good ccip cue to strike

when i use ifa mode i have an ins advsory telling me that no gps available but it is weird in 2010.

so I play in nav mode without any advisory message.

but dont have a good ccip.

i don’t know if i am doing something or is there a bug in the game.

thx for your help.

Hey

same problem here

i play dcs liberation Caucasus 2010.

no way to have a good ccip cue

always veering left or right

I tried ins alignment via nav and also ifa

but none of those gave me a good ccip cue to strike

when i use ifa mode i have an ins advsory telling me that no gps available but it is weird in 2010.

so I play in nav mode without any advisory message.

but dont have a good ccip.

i don’t know if i am doing something or is there a bug in the game.

thx for your help.

@Tony86 try my suggestion above, when your cue line is "off" go to mode on bomb and set to "auto" and then back to "CCIP"; let us know the results.

I have done more tests so

it looks that liberation is built without satnav... so I always perform an stored heading on cv to align but in that case I have ccip problem even if my alignment is correct in nav

i changed the mission with satnav for all and have done the alignment with stored heading then ifa. And alignment is good and ccip is good too

so I don’t know if the bug come from the way is built libération or if it is coming from the hornet? Because as far as I understand... ccip should be available even without gps.

let me know if you have further information

thanks