Square AMRAAM

lunaticfringe

What happens if you apply AA? Still the same?

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What happens if you get rid of the eye-watering jaggies, ie apply AA?

I'd wager to know what happens to the framerates in that case, though ;)

The game didn't run well at all often enough on my old laptop with FX3700M which has like more than 2,5x the number of shaders of FX880M plus double the memory bus width, so I admire your patience.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

No change. The airframe and the Sidewinder remain fluid with round shapes, whereas the AMRAAM model *alone* is square. Every other munition I throw at it, check, and such, renders properly. Only the various AIM-120s do this.

As for performance, what I have for right now is what I make do with. Being that I now have two portable systems (a ThinkPad W510 and a Surface Pro), and the latter has taken over basically all roles *except* gaming, the ThinkPad has been up for sale for almost a month, with no takers as of yet. It'll finance a motherboard and some RAM for the desktop I have planned.

Besides- I've always spec'd-down graphics options in my flight sims for smooth guns tracking at low level. DCS is no different, although I'm hoping that if I throw an i7 SB-E, 32GB (with half of that as a RamDisk), and a 4GB 770GTX that'll change (at least for a while). :)

I've got the same thing, been happening to me since 1.2.6 though. Not sure exactly when.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Hmmm. Looks to me like someone appropriated your missiles and replaced them with painted steel bars. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I posted about a low polygon square Mps 410 on the Su25t before...vis range set to low caused it....try changing it.

I second this; I had a similar problem with the R-27s and it turned out I had the vis range set to low. Bump it up to Medium at least; that might fix it.

*this kills the frame rate* GG computer :( I'll stick with squares for now.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I don't know what was going on, but it was indeed the visual range. Although, I'd already had it set at medium, I bumped it up to high, then back to medium, and they worked again.

Which perhaps I might ought not have bothered, as, having fixed that last evening, the laptop I was having difficulty with it on effectively ate its motherboard around 2AM this morning. Better to have it happen now, rather than after sale, but frustrating nonetheless. I'll check it again once the replacement FRU is in hand on Thursday and report to confirm this the definitive solution.

And then get the thing promptly listed for sale so I can make with the ordering of real parts. :)