MFG Crosswind - Review

End of June for me. Milan is very good with keeping the information flowing, so i know where everything stands. Cant wait.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I had to give up my spot in line since my 14 year old Altima finally went belly up a couple of weeks ago. Planned on buying a new car in August but had to do it sooner then planned. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set later in the year.

This is what I bought instead

Optima_1_zpsgaqpuiyc.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I had to give up my spot in line since my 14 year old Altima finally went belly up a couple of weeks ago. Planned on buying a new car in August but had to do it sooner then planned. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set later in the year.

This is what I bought instead

Optima_1_zpsgaqpuiyc.jpg

Did you gave up MFG and bought instead a KIA (No-kia) ? Big mistake mate, big mistake :) :) :) :). It doesn't even fly :pilotfly:

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Did you gave up MFG and bought instead a KIA (No-kia) ? Big mistake mate, big mistake :) :) :) :). It doesn't even fly :pilotfly:

Priorities man, priorities. Didn't want to walk to work. I haven't give up, just postponed for a while. Still have plenty of equipment to keep me flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Mine arrived today :thumbup:

S/N 0666, hope this isn´t a bad sign :D

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I never thought that there is such a huge difference between my old Saitek Pedals and the MFG Crosswind.

They are amazing and it feels like flying a new plane (A-10C).

Installation was easy, just plug´n´play :thumbup:

Thank you Milan

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

How long before your pedals were sent on their way did you get notified? I didn't get a mail after my pre order confirmation.

I am not complaining, just hyped and that mail said that I could get my pedals in June.

How long before your pedals were sent on their way did you get notified? I didn't get a mail after my pre order confirmation.

I am not complaining, just hyped and that mail said that I could get my pedals in June.

I received a message with the invoice when my pedals were ready on may 21.

The pedals were shipped on may 22 and I received them on may 29.

First, sorry for my bad english.

I received a mail after ordering that i'm on the list. Heared nothing after that mail so i mailed Milan via his contact form on his site. He answered a couple hours later, very nice and fast response on a sunday! I also received a mail a week ago, they had/have some trouble with their cnc machine that will cause some delay, but i think/hope nothing big.

Can't wait to get them, my simped f16 are slowly breaking apart.

For heli flying - what happens when rudder force-trim is pressed and pressure is released on the pedals....do they stay in place or centers.

They are not FFB pedals, so they will center. You can find videos on youtube made by Milan by searching for "MFG Crosswind".

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Got mine yesterday. I'm so glad I bought these. Best flight-sim related purchase I've made since the HOTAS Warthog.

I can actually keep the Huey stable in flight now. A feat I was never able to accomplish with the old CH Pro pedals. Also, the toe brakes are amazing compared to my old set. The mustang is much easier to tame on the tarmac, and on takeoff/landing.

Well worth the wait and investment. Anybody who has doubts - rest assured, these are the best flight sim pedals you will probably ever purchase, and the build quality is top notch.

Props to Milan - Thank you for a fantastic product! Keep up the great work!

-Mack

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped on the bandwagon just on the review and ordered a set, never having owned or used flight pedals. Milan shipped out on the 23. They are currently in Bavaria. So right now i'm like a kid waiting for christmas, new years and a box of kittens. Should be nice to get the shark flying straight. Now there is only one thing missing from my setup.. VR goggles

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

I received my set this week (S/N 737).

Assembly is easy, took me a moment to adjust the pedal angle. Software calibration is super easy too.

And after a couple of test flights I'm very happy with the pedals. Coming from a set of worn Saiteks it like night and day. The smooth movement makes rudder input really natural.

I'm 100% satisfied with those pedals (well, I'm looking forward to the alternative foot plates Milan announced in his newsletter, when I have those it is 100%, until then solid 99%).

Just a short thread derailment. :music_whistling:

Many of you have seen it already, we now have an MFG Crosswind Serial Number Database thread. Those of you who already have theirs, feel free to add your serial to the list over there. :)

Okay, now back on topic.

(Nothing new to add on my end, except that the pedals are still awesome and work like they're fresh out of the box :thumbup:).

Mine arrived this morning - Super easy set-up and calibration and easily mounted onto my Thrustmaster Wheelstand Pro base.

About all I can say that hasn't already been said before is WOW!!!!!!! These things are a game changer! I can't say enough about how great these pedals are and I've been using SimPads for several years - My SimPads have been great, but I can't believe what a difference there is between those and the MFG's.

Absolutely incredible product, well worth the price and the wait.

Thanks to Milan for such a great product.

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=7092

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=7093

The MFG's have 4 holes already drilled for mounting. I only needed to use 2 holes to secure the MFG's to the base plate of the ThrustmasterPro Wheel Stand. The base plate was quickly drilled and the pedals mounted as you see here is a few minutes. They are very secure and are not going anywhere. I really love this setup.

Ronht

Yup, I did it the same way, just two screws.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Really really pleased with mine. A buddy who has a CPL licence dropped by and after playing DCS on my machine for 10 minutes asked where he could get the pedals. :D

Now I just need to make my frankenpit for gaming.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

The MFG's have 4 holes already drilled for mounting. I only needed to use 2 holes to secure the MFG's to the base plate of the ThrustmasterPro Wheel Stand. The base plate was quickly drilled and the pedals mounted as you see here is a few minutes. They are very secure and are not going anywhere. I really love this setup.

Very nice, although I don't have a full base plate but just 2 "straps". I hope it will fit in the same holes that I drilled for the Saitek pedals :D

Edited by audax