Where is the DCS: Mig-21bis Board?

Cedaway

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very sad day. I cannot imagine what could be so messed up so badly to make these kind of statements. I hope team will find resolution, finish and publish the project. Trust me there are many many people who live last two years with hope for this project. There is even small group of people in Kiev who make MiG-21 trainer cockpits to teach small kids how to be a pilot, with real MiG-21 test pilot being a teacher, so far they use some FSX models as a software, but whole their group had HUGE hopes for DCS MiG-21. You cannot imagine how this project is needed.

Mnemonic out.

MiG-21 news?

A huge blow

Well in my opinion this is a huge blow.. DCS with out the MiG-21 of that level may not get off well. To me the future of DCS was set on this release. If there is no more AFM aircraft worth as opponent what will become to DCS series? Something needs to be done and fixed because right now it's a serious blow.

Fly it like you stole it..

To me the future of DCS was set on this release.

ehhh...what?? The future of DCS is NOT set on the release of some old 60's era russian fighter jet. I think you're being a bit overdramatic.

The future of DCS is in its ability to have:

- more than 1 friggin map

- multiple addon modules by third party developers (and the devs themselves)

- one common 'base' for all the modules to work in together

So, no...I think you're wrong mate. Just saying....:music_whistling:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

ehhh...what?? The future of DCS is NOT set on the release of some old 60's era russian fighter jet. I think you're being a bit overdramatic.

The future of DCS is in its ability to have:

- more than 1 friggin map

So, no...I think you're wrong mate. Just saying....:music_whistling:

Well but we are waiting this module. The Mig-21 was the best fighter of the 60's, with a lot war, even at 70's and 80's. Also Beczl have the Mig-23 and Su-22M3 for the future. What is going on now??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But why the Forum was closed? Someone should explain us what is happened.

According to a mod´s comments in order to contain speculation and because ED will only have such a sub-forum on their site if they have complete confidence in a 3rd party developer.

Pending resolution and hopefully clarification by the devs concerned...

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

QUOTE]more than 1 friggin map-

multiple addon modules by third party developers (and the devs themselves)-

one common 'base' for all the modules to work in together

-more than 1 friggin map

Unlikely to improve if sdk not released.

Not that much studios. One studio going wild oisn t going to fix this.

unlikely to happen. Some studio will release official content, some other will make mods that will need modified game to run. slight diference, but that is a bad news for MP games.

wow after seeing Cobra's start up video, then seeing this. What a turn of events. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, and they will get on with the business at hand. Sometimes things that are not so clear need to be clarified the closer you get to a release date. Perhaps they are seeking that clarity....

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

If this end ugly, the biggest consequence will be the lost confidence in 3rd party projects in general.

MiG 21 project generated huge enthusiasm and support within community. If MiG 21 dies, it will be extremely difficult to convince people to trust in any new 3rd party project.

For the sake of future 3rd party DCS modules, we should all cross our fingers and hope that this project goes through, regardless if you like the jet or not.

If this end ugly, the biggest consequence will be the lost confidence in 3rd party projects in general.

MiG 21 project generated huge enthusiasm and support within community. If MiG 21 dies, it will be extremely difficult to convince people to trust in any new 3rd party project.

For the sake of future 3rd party DCS modules, we should all cross our fingers and hope that this project goes through, regardless if you like the jet or not.

For REAL.

I don't care for recent fly-by-wire aircraft and there are already plenty of decent WW2 air combat sims available. The MiG-21bis is what brought me to DCS and convinced me to support it as much as possible. Fortunately, I thoroughly enjoy the P-51D, UH-1H, and Mi-8. I hope Belsimtek keeps up the good work, both in speed and quality.

I am still looking forward to F-15 and Su-27 AFMs, but what I really wanted most was the MiG-21bis. I hope this really is a minor bump in the road and not a total collapse of the project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the forums for Beczl are completely gone, and someone just told me the module has been cancelled. WHAT!? It was two months from release and now its GONE!?

I was "lucky" enough to read most of it before the sub-forum disappeared and even after that you should still able to access it through your browser´s surf history. It is currently invisible and read only, very much like the IRIS sub-forum.

Some internal dispute led to a premature statement about the project´s cancellation and after word got around people were going crazy over this in the sub-forum. So far, there has only been one comment by Cobra on this forum that I know of. The status is "on hold" pending the resolution of their dispute or whatever it may be. He also wrote some more on the SimHQ forums...

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

All this thread is...

QnKQAic.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I don't see much speculation, actually quite a few facts:

1. What Beczl posted.

2. What Cobra posted.

3. Removal of MiG-21bis forums.

The only thing to speculate about is what exact problems led to the above events and whether the MiG-21bis will ultimately be finished/released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

keeping the faith, all will work out for the best. they're this close to the finish line! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• ED Team
I don't see much speculation, actually quite a few facts:

1. What Beczl posted.

2. What Cobra posted.

3. Removal of MiG-21bis forums.

The only thing to speculate about is what exact problems led to the above events and whether the MiG-21bis will ultimately be finished/released.

Forums were not removed, they were hidden until the devs can get their internal problems solved... if and when they do, they will be returned.

Nothing should be speculated at this point until the team works through its issues, of which isnt something we should discuss or worry about till they make another statement.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png