I need some CCRP bombing advice for the SU-25T

Exentenzed

Hello everyone.

As i wrote in the title i need a bit of advice, i started playing a few days ago, and both the SU-25T manual and tutorial missions have helped me greatly.

BUT, i need some additional tips and help when it comes to CCRP bombing, because every time i try to bomb anything with any of the non-guided bombs i almost always miss, not by much, but enough to do minimal/no damage.

With regular bombs i usually miss to the sides, and whenever im using cluster munitions i usually hit either infront or behind my target. It seriously feels like the bombs tries to get AWAY from beeing dropped right where i want them.

Now just to clarify, im not talking single targets here, im talking clusters of enemies ranging from 4-12 neatly put in a 10-30m radius. I dont expect to hit a penny here but at my current skill level bombs are just a waste of munitions.

Also, i've tried multiple combos of both dropping singles, pairs, quads with different intervals to bomb larger areas, and i've tried using autopilot after i get the CCRP marker so the jet automaticly steers towards the target.

ANY help is welcome here, a nice intermediate bombing tutorial video, or some sort of bombing guide would be excellent.

Thanks in advance -Exe

CCRP is mostly used for dropping guided munitions. CCIP is much more accurate (although far from perfect) and should be used for dumb deliveries.

I don't fly the Su25 but in the A-10, I can usually get a mk82 within 20m of a target using CCIP.

Better pilots can place one inside 10m.

Edited by howie87

Autopilot is actually pretty good, usually, at putting a bomb nearly in a pickle barrel.

For accurate bombing in the Su-25T, there are a few things you'll need to keep in mind:

1) Be wings-level when you're about to drop. Bank introduces side-to-side errors.

2) Bomb from relatively low altitude. The Su-25T has no means of correcting for wind (if present), and CCRP is less precise than CCIP anyway*.

3) If you're attacking an area target, don't be afraid to ripple a few bombs at it, cluster bombs especially. The Russian cluster bombs are underwhelming, in my experience.

4) Killing a tank or a decent IFV is going to take nearly a direct hit. Honestly, I find that S-13 rockets are my favorite unguided anti-AFV weapon—you can hit about two targets per pair of pods, and a direct hit on a tank will either kill it or really, really hurt it.

* CCIP, however, is broken right now, and has been broken since 1.2.5—the pipper doesn't drop as far as it should, so you have to be in a very steep dive to get it at all.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

You probably forgot to align the 'Datum "Keel"' properly.

At least this seem to work fine in Beta 1.2.7

Su25Tccrp.jpg

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

After you target Shkval to target, is there no correction or snap to target, in ccrp mode? I noticed this could be the reason to miss, sometimes.

(I had to stop the convoy too, no tracking in ccrp)

1.2.6 I didn't lock close enough, 1.2.7 was close enough.

Su-25T ccrp test 126.trk

Su-25T ccrp test 127.trk

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

CCRP is mostly used for dropping guided munitions. CCIP is much more accurate (although far from perfect) and should be used for dumb deliveries.

Better pilots can place one inside 10m.

In the Su-25T CCRP is not for guided munitions, the Shkval is.

CCRP is for low level bombing with either:

a ripple release of many bombs from multiple release racks

a ripple release of cluster bombs

use of the sub-munition dispenser pods

or retarded anti-runway bombs.

If you want to have any hope of killing things you need to be about as low as you can get without self fragging, flying level, and get lined up on the target fairly early so that you don't have to do flight path corrections as you near the release point.

CCRP is very vulnerable to maneuvering induced error and wind drift, it also has mediocre inherent accuracy.

If possible you want to drop a plane load of bombs rather than a pylon load of bombs when using CCRP.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Route mode with a Shkval lock. It's not perfect, but with a long run in on target, it's usually pretty accurate.
I tried this over the weekend. Pretty cool. I used it in conjunction with the autopilot override to set up my CCRP run-in. But ya, the cluster munitions seem a little weak. Multiple times, I peppered an armoured convoy and did next to nothing in damage. I even hit one tank with 6 bomblets (according to the log) and he still survived.:cry:

Yeah, the Russian cluster munitions seem to work better on soft targets.

It helps to use the PTAB 2.5 submunitions instead of the 1.0 ones if you're targeting armor. The down side is that you get a lot fewer of them, so it becomes harder to land multiple ones on a target.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

I'd say your height is pretty low. But as said you shouldn't use dumb bombs with such a wind if not experienced enough.

Remember that you must be wings level and the 'Datum "Keel"' as mentioned above must be in the center (if not youre not above the target). You have more time to correct such things if youre flying slower.