Eye Candy 2014

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been dying for this in a modern sim since the days of Ef2000 battles on Kali - I'm glad someone is finally going to make this a reality.

I played that sim probably more than any other single game before or since. Can't wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Yep! And next we need a map of the nordics and balticum to get the old DID EF2000 feeling back... :D

Childhood dreams come true...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope we don't get the German "cost effective" variant without PIRATE, some of the armament missing etc.

Better the british one with all the bits and whistles! :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Multi-function Head Down Displays - some know them as MFD's in the A-10C.

Advanced Systems Model - programming to make them work.

Three full colour multi-function head down displays (MHDD) are used for the overall tactical situation, presenting the attack situation, attack formats, map displays and air traffic procedures, in addition to system status and checklists.

From what I know of Helios, it looks for the standard outputs from DCS world which is then displayed within the Helios pre-designed panels.

The guys at Helios would have to make the pre-designed panels to fit the Typhoon MHDD's that we design and would probably need to hook into a custom output file that we would export.

To be honest I don't know enough about it to say if it could or not.

We're also looking at our own solution similar to Helios to work with Typhoon but very early discussions on that to date.

Am happy to talk to the guys at Helios about it if they want to do it.

The MHDDs work much different to those of other aircraft, not only are many of its display formats pretty dissimilar to those found on many US aircraft, you also have a very different concept wrt the soft keys (push buttons) surrounding them. On the Typhoon you have LED indicators integrated into the push buttons themselfes instead of displaying the key functions on the display area next to the buttons. That's not to say there are no similarities, but there are quite a lot of differences and unique design solutions.

I'm excited to see the PoF related display configurations. What's probably lacking are the pilot selectable moding keys? Albeit hard coded defaults can surely be implemented. XY implementation will be another interesting aspect as far as DCS is concerned. Just my frog perspective thoughts.

From what I know of Helios, it looks for the standard outputs from DCS world which is then displayed within the Helios pre-designed panels.

The guys at Helios would have to make the pre-designed panels to fit the Typhoon MHDD's that we design and would probably need to hook into a custom output file that we would export.

To be honest I don't know enough about it to say if it could or not.

We're also looking at our own solution similar to Helios to work with Typhoon but very early discussions on that to date.

Am happy to talk to the guys at Helios about it if they want to do it.

This would be a greatly appreciated feature! I don't use Helios but I do use the UltraMFCD program to output to a monitor with Overlapped Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs. Hopefully that option will exist here and I can add a MFD for the correct output for both the Eurofighter and the upcoming F-18.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord