DCS World User Mods "WHAT IF" SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!!

NRG-Vampire

Snek at night!

hBjmWCO.png

oNzGUU0.png

bQhuwXd.png

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mx8jB0u.png

Real old VSN mod with bad compatibility deferred shading/PBR wise, glass looks weird but at least the rest of it still looks good

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

CSG-1 now has 2 airframes on the CVN, just waiting for the Big Cat

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

Is this skin for the Yak a private mod? I love it but i coudn't find it in the user files

Oh no, it's by no mean private but it's still wip. It's almost done but I'm still working on a set of cockpit textures to compliment it.

It will be ready by the end of the week, I promise smartass.gif

HRdSocL.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

Day CQ in the Scooter - slowly getting the old girl figured out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EightBall could you please upload this mission?

Here it is

You will need the VPC airfield equipment mod as well as Ranger79's Objects.

Also, if you want to spawn on the FOB, you'll need the Plane Spawn Anywhere mod, it should be installed directly into the DCS root directory

Noi Bai flightline...

What's that palm tree doing there ? :D

------------------

Made a variant for the Yak and the cockpit is almost done.

nB8QZuw.jpg

z5yVJT6.jpg

7fcZV7z.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

2k Cirrus clouds

Experimenting with some different 2048x2048 cirrus cloud textures....

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10392

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10393

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10394

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10395

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10396

picture.php?albumid=1631&pictureid=10400

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Nice ones bandit, i like this specially.

Thanks, it's amazing the difference these textures make over the low res stock ones. I'm working on making my own set of cirrus clouds that hopefully I can release as a mod.

The only thing that is annoying me is how the cirrus clouds fade in and out every few minutes. I haven't found any way to change that in the config files yet.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

What happens when CSG-1 squadrons are bored and the weather is bad....dissimilar formation CASE II recovery to the boat - 2 x FA-18C Hornets, 1 x A-4E-C with live CCAPaddles - super fun.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Non-Precision TACAN 13L Approach to Al Dhafra, flown as an NDB Approach with DME in the excellent Community A-4E-C.

This thing is just too much fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you see what just flew past?

Traveling Mach 3!

Santa-Cloaus-2.jpg

Santa-Cloaus-3.jpg

Santa-Cloaus-5.jpg

Yes you can fly as Santa!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

TutorialDemonstration, flying a Case III INS CV-1 Approach - this is the TACAN CV-1 flown to an INS waypoint vs TACAN station. Ceiling 1,600', tops 8,500', visibility 4 in rain and fog, 20 minutes after sunset.

I started by plotting the course of the Carrier (traveling 12 knots), and getting predicted LatLon every 15 minutes for 1:15 mission and threw that into the kneeboard.

Once started up I entered the waypoint I expected to be nearest for a 1 or 2 turn hold, departed Al Dhafra in hard IMC, joined my course, got to my hold point, flew a single turn in the hold, then did a penetration from 15,000 to 1,200, was right on course and flew the approach on NVG's in the near dark. It was not late enough timewise for the Carrier Landing Zone lights to be on so I was NVG the whole way (bad form).

This is a repeatable method and will work with a known set of location vs time hacks, or with live controllers to set the IAF and provide boat BRC and speed.

Have to say, I really enjoy flying the Scooter in the dark and in bad weather, it is truly immersive and demonstrates how feature complete and functional the nav system in particular is, I also rely heavily on AFCS for task shedding and truly enjoy the lighting which is spectacular.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]