UH-1H gauges mod

piXel496

This mod is inspired by this.

updated 05-05-2016

Updated for 1.5 and 2.0. Now you can select the Customized Cockpit in the Options menu of the UH-1H and there is no need to reinstall after a DCS update.

Changes:

- Reduced original imagesizes more then 65%

- Mipmapped gauges (.dds format)

- Cleaned windshield

- Adjusted gauges "Lights on" appearance

updated 25-02-2014

- Gave the artificial horizon shadow (to enhance the feel of a ball)

- Mimicked anti-glare coating

- Added a colored (civilian) version in the .zip

In general less grey and more contrast, Subtly more present gauges.

Modifications

- Saturated colors

- Changed some colors

- Background gauges darker

- Brightened index gauges

- Added some elements

- Little less reflection

picture.php?albumid=870&pictureid=6300

added civilian version

colorGauges.jpg?1393409561136419

How to install

1. copy "vivid colors" and/or "vivid colors civilian" from this .zip into folder: 
  Drive:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\
2. In main menu DCS -> options -> special -> UH-1H, select a Customized Cockpit:

And howto.txt in the .zip

download

Edited by piXel496
updated 05-05-2016
  • Like 2

Inspired by this.

In general less grey and more contrast, Subtly more present gauges. Made the "controls indicator" smaller.

Modifications

- Saturated colors

- Changed some colors

- Background gauges darker

- Brightened index gauges

- Added some elements

- Little less reflection

- Controls indicator downsized to 1/4th and made it more transparent

hueyGauges2.jpg?1388673626393184

howto.txt and three files in the .zip download

Looks great, but what's the trick in copying the files to UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, have tried several times, but cannot copy & paste the mod files to UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Any ideas why I can't move the 2 files to the UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Appreciate any help

@baz

If your pc understands .zip

First extract the files from the downloaded .zip (to your desktop).

Then drop the extracted files into UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. Because from .zip direct to .zip could give the problem you describe.

Hope it helps

Edited by piXel496

Any ideas why I can't move the 2 files to the UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Appreciate any help

Do you have write permission to your game folder?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@baz

If your pc understands .zip

First extract the files from the downloaded .zip (to your desktop).

Then drop the extracted files into UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. Because from .zip direct to .zip could give the problem you describe.

Hope it helps

Thanks for that solution piXel496 , worked a treat, didn't think of extracting to the desktop .

Would this mod also work in 1.2.7 open beta, thought I'd ask before trying.

Thanks

Good to hear.

And it works without a problem in 1.27 openBeta (I use it too :). The files are completely clientside and no network integrity is harmed.

Thanks piXel496, will definitely try it in Open beta as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It should be straight forward unzipping, drag and dropping especially if you are admin of your PC. I try to visualize your issue and it might just be that you try to copy from one .zip file directly into another .zip file, this could be unacceptable for windows. And maybe the next written sequence helps.

First unzip hueyGauges.zip. That should be the first step. Then Copy "uh1_dev_2.bmp.dds" and "UH1_pribors_c.tga" (or any other described in howTo.txt) from the unzipped file into: DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

In the case you can't add and overwrite the files within UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, with the files from the now unzipped folder hueyGauges. Right click UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and see if it is read only. If so change it. (Always a good idea to make a temporary copy of UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip before fiddling)

I hope It sets you in the right direction.:)

Edited by piXel496

What I am doing when a .ZIP file has to be altered is, I create a directory of the same name (without the .zip ending ofc) and copy the files into it. DCS looks first for a regular file and if it doesn't find it, it looks into ZIP files.

In this case, it will look like this then:

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip [b](original DCS file!)[/b]
DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES\uh1_dev_2.bmp.dds
DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES\UH1_pribors_c.tga

That eleminates the need to alter such files which can become outdated with newer DCS versions rather quickly.

works great but I had to place the clean windows in, as I was getting google maps no texture orange. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...