LASTE wind reading missing after CDU warm start

Knudmacher

Hey all,

Recently in DCS A10C i started experimenting with the LASTE wind correction page and CCIP/CCRP bombing with dumb bombs. I got the wind data by bringing up the SYS->LASTE->WIND page on the CDU. While climbing, I read the wind data and entered three different wind correction layers from ground level up to about 15000 feet. Results were great, I could snipe BMP's with single MK82 drops using CCRP from 9000 feet and probably from even higher if I'd tried because this was spot on, consistently. Without corrections, results were much worse. Placebo? Perhaps, but this is not my question.

When all bombs were used, i RTB for rearming. As we know, leaving the runway will cause the CDU to warm start. Now, the wind corrections that I already entered are still there. But I can't read the current wind data anymore like I did after my first start.

Does anyone know if this is intended/realistic? Perhaps after a warm start, the EGI alignment isn't considered accurate enough to provide the wind data? Or is it a bug?

If its intended, is there a way to avoid the warm start of the CDU when turning off the runway? (Why is it required, really?) Or do I have to realign after landing just to be able to read the wind again?

Of course this is not a problem in a static weather environment where the winds will be exactly the same the second run, but anyway, a sim junkie can't stand not knowing :smilewink: and suddenly you will find yourself in dynamic weather with only iron bombs. Then what?

Thanks in advance, and have a Happy new Year folks!

• 11 months later...