My DCS is unstable

RnGRamen85

So whenever I try and fly in single player, the fps is always unstable/low and my game will randomly quit out which in turn crashes my computer. this is very frustrating and I was wondering if there is a fix to this or possibly others are having the same problem. these crahes make it impossible to actually play the game.

note,

my pc specs

CPU- 3570k

RAM- 8gb or 1866 g.skill

GPU- 2x GTX 670

hard drive- Caviar Black

Flight Stick- Saitek X52

thanks

1.2.6 or 1.2.7 Open Beta?

Also, Please Attach a DXDIAG Saved Information,

Winkey+R, DXDIAG, Save All Information, Save DXDIAG.txt to desktop, Attach to Post.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

ok so where would i get these crash files? I might have misworded it a little bit, it is more of a black screen(on both monitors i mind you[well when it happened chrome had it's outline but that was it])and I left it for about 10 minutes then i just reset my computer

one thing that could be happening is windows could be giving me the annoying "your computer is running slow would you like to change to basic" thing... I have tried and failed to make that window stop coming up

note I do not know what my current build is, where would I find out, and I just have the most recent one it was released just a week ago i believe.

Thank you all for the help so far, this is what makes a good game great :D

Are you running a 32bit operating system I guess would be the first question- judging by the fact you're running 8 gigs of RAM I'm assuming you're 64bit.

If you didn't go out of your way to actively download the 1.2.7 beta- then you're running the latest build of 1.2.6.

If you're running dual monitors there can be a few different things going on. I'm not a dual monitor guy so one of them will need to step in.

Your crash logs will be in your User / saved games / DCS / Logs folder. You'll see a bunch of .crash and .dmp files with date and time stamps. You'd need to zip those up and post them.

Have you recently changed any of your monitor settings?

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

1.2.6 or 1.2.7 Open Beta?

Also, Please Attach a DXDIAG Saved Information,

Winkey+R, DXDIAG, Save All Information, Save DXDIAG.txt to desktop, Attach to Post.

I tried to do this but i was unable to... while I was trying to in the instant action f-15c interception, I deployed flares and then the game sorta reloaded then just stayed black so i had to reset my computer... Ctrl alt delete did nothing :/

here are my crash logs

hhttps://www.mediafire.com/?3b8bds7x4w5xpk4

I'm running 64 bit

I dont believe the multiple monitors have anything to do with it... just that it seems to "reload" the game kinda like if you tab out then tab back in... also im getting weird pauses when flying where it will just pause like lag then catch up farther ahead this makes doing anything a pain.

• ED Team

to get your dxdiag

ss1.png

once you have run dxdiag you will see the option to save information, then attach it to a post here.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

~ [well when it happened chrome had it's outline but that was it])and I left it for about 10 minutes then i just reset my computer

~

If you mean the Chrome Browser... why would you be running that as well as the sim ? which begs the question; what else have you got running?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

If you mean the Chrome Browser... why would you be running that as well as the sim ? which begs the question; what else have you got running?

I had the f-15c manual open(the radar is confusing me) also i have avast and malwarebytes running, as well as steam, origin, uplay, uttorent, other driver software and that's about it

• ED Team

screen shot is nice, but seeing the full dxdiag is even better, when you go to post scroll down and you will see the manage attachments. Just browse to the dxdiag and upload it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=92109&stc=1&d=1387961582

I had the f-15c manual open(the radar is confusing me) also i have avast and malwarebytes running, as well as steam, origin, uplay, uttorent, other driver software and that's about it

Also a little bit of advice, to get the best out of any game you should have as few back ground applications running as possible.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

screen shot is nice, but seeing the full dxdiag is even better, when you go to post scroll down and you will see the manage attachments. Just browse to the dxdiag and upload it.

Also a little bit of advice, to get the best out of any game you should have as few back ground applications running as possible.

my dxdiag

this is a screenshot

The Complete DXDIAG Readout TXT allows us to see which driver versions are being used etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Try setting you page file to windows controlled and see how that works for you.

I think you are running out of Mem. windows has things working under the hood (things you can not manipulate) that maintains the Operating System when actual mem. is low. It follows an instruction set that is not present under your current page file setting.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.