DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

Wags

Thanks for the suggestion SkateZilla, tried that & had no success.

At the moment if I select Solo Landing Practice in the training mission, I have the Huey flying straight & level & the control panel indicating collective ,cyclic & rudder all assigned for straight & level flight any movement of my controls doesn't affect the Huey's attitude & the only thing on the keyboard which helps is the escape button & I'm back to square one.

Still looking for a fix for the frozen controls & keyboard in 1.2.7.

Have uninstalled & re installed the Huey & still have the same frozen control problem.

1.2.6 works fine so I guess if I can't get a fix for 1.2.7 I'll just have to be satisfied with flying in 1.2.6

Still hoping someone will come up with a great fix.

Thanks everyone

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion that works in some cases. You might want to try going to your Saved Games Folder and re-naming your DCS.openbeta folder to DCS.openbeta1. Then try to fly a mission. A new folder will be created. If it doesn't solve the problem you can go back, delete the new folder and change the name of the original folder back to DCS.openbeta with no harm done.

Just a suggestion that works in some cases. You might want to try going to your Saved Games Folder and re-naming your DCS.openbeta folder to DCS.openbeta1. Then try to fly a mission. A new folder will be created. If it doesn't solve the problem you can go back, delete the new folder and change the name of the original folder back to DCS.openbeta with no harm done.

Thanks for the suggestion Blooze, gave it try but unfortunately keyboard & controls were still locked

distanciancia the detection of EOS is still unreal, leaving SU-27 far superior to F-15...

because the detection distance of the EOS was not tidy?

detection distance real EOS 45km = 27mi 1692.6yd.

please no one is stupid to believe that the real EOS can detect a target as a long distance please fix this.

in the meantime I will not fly DCS/FC3 F-15C

and recommend that anyone buy FC3 in hopes of flying a simulator

it is still just a game .

fictitious data favoring the red team

Exactly so. EOS has ideal conditions for a really long reach. The era ufo F-15th

It was already the time! What would you do if SU-27 carried the R-77?

you can not lose?

Edited by UVP/Mechan

In my case the updater tries to DL ~13GB instead of taking over some files from my 1.2.6 installation... why that?

I would take ages at 50-70kb/s now... so how can I make it use my files to save time and traffic?

Edit: No Steam, no mods here :) But it went up to ~0,5MB/s, so it should be ready tonight.

Edit²: Found the solution :)

Create "dcs_local_source.txt" in the OpenBeta folder, put the path to the 1.2.6 installation in there ("E:\DCS World" in my case) and it starts copying prior to downloading everything.

Most probably the OpenBeta installer just looks at the default path.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Looking for help again.

Since Huey was installed in 1.2.7 , keyboard & joystick controls are frozen.

Can still fly in 1.2.6 no probs but in 1.2.7 all controls are frozen.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Many thanks & Merry Xmas to all

If you haven't already tried it, try doing a "Repair DCS World OpenBeta" from the start menu.

lacking space in my SSD for another install... :helpsmilie:

What size is it? Maybe you can move some programs to another drive (HDD).

I often move some games that I don't play that often anymore to get some free space. It's even possible to run them still with junctions that point to the new folder. You can do that with this tool: http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm (I use the original cmd tool: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx )

Example: My game SSD is drive E:, my HDD for data and games storage is F:.

Then I just move "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" from E: to F:, afterwards I create a junction "E:\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" pointing at "F:\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" and everything still works, it's just on the HDD now :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

@baz, do you have these installations in the default directory? Also are you able to map the controls? Are you relying on the defaults?

All in the default directory, the controls are mapped but are frozen when it comes to flying.

Have since uninstalled & re in stalled 1.2.7 Open Beta & flight controls & keyboard work fine flying the SU-25 will install the Huey later & see if flight controls & keyboard work after the Huey is installed.

All in the default directory, the controls are mapped but are frozen when it comes to flying.

Have since uninstalled & re in stalled 1.2.7 Open Beta & flight controls & keyboard work fine flying the SU-25 will install the Huey later & see if flight controls & keyboard work after the Huey is installed.

Huey now in stalled everything working OK, just needed new 1.2.7 open beta install.

Noticed you can't select instant action, comes up with can't open briefing, is that correct ?

Just have to work out how the door gunners can get into action if needed.

Glad to hear you're up and running. I'm not sure if instant action is working. I assume that it is. I'll give it a shot on my machine.

You'll be glad to have door gunners now. Just having the 2 m60s hitting infantry when you're landing hot is a huge help. Be advised, at this point (for some reason) when you use long burst for them they seem to engage targets at extreme ranges (for me anyway).

And remember, you can use the ingame "adjust controls" option to learn/remap controls. I use that constantly.

Update: I tried the instant missions, 1 for p-51d and 2 for uh-1h. No problems. It is most likely something that will get resolved when it is release version. Because it is in an alternate directory for beta.

Edited by JMasterFlash

The word 'final' is a variable not a constant.

That just made me LoL :megalol:

On a more serious note. When I go to download the files from the ftp Server it asks for a username and password for the server. Its not my login details can anyone help.?

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Cheers Nate. Will do.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Voice comms now working in Dragon Rookie terrorists map :thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

From Chinese Player's Voice(Full Package Download)

In China, there are also many DCS game players,They are all authorized users.

But due to the bad network environment in China;Through online update to Upgrade DCS, Upgrade speed is too slow, let a person crazy.

However, we through the website to download the full installation package, Download speed is very high.

Please restore the upgrade way to provide a full installation package to download.

On behalf of the Eagle Dynamics of loyal players in China.

attachment.php?attachmentid=92301&d=1388302924

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the 1.2.7. beta is finally finished, will it be an automatic upgrade to 1.2.6 or will we have to download it as a separate entity and scrap 1.2.6?

1.2.6 Will Automatically update to 1.2.7

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What are the chances of the new Su-33 skin templates becoming available?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

What are the chances of the new Su-33 skin templates becoming available?

I am sure they are excellent. The when is another matter. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No brave men to test ?

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29309

Testing 1.2.7 now.

Sounds like he didnt set any of his controls, or he didnt setup his mouse/kb inputs correctly with Wine

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I am sure they are excellent. The when is another matter. ;)

Absolutely, the model is to die for! Just love to see it in the 159th GAR livery. ;)

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64