For all that play lockon in widescreen format

Not sure I'm thinking of the same view problem, but here is what I do:

I've adjusted the settings in view.cfg and lua, etc, but I agree that I start off too close to the HUD when the mission starts.

W/o Trackir, I press the / key on the numpad until it is where I want it. If I go too far, the * key brings it back closer.

With Trackir (which is 99% of the time), I lean forward a bit, re-center trackIR (F12) and then sit back to my normal position, allowing TrackIR to zoom the view out.

Four days now with a widescreen setup. Oh so happy I bought one!

Hope this helps...

Arizona

Check that you don't have another mod installed that modifies the views. I had one with "higher FOV" (as in more up not wide) and now I see is "yellow" in Modman and one snapviews.lua is "not installed" from this mod.

Also I think there are two files that modifies this... snapviews.lua and snapviewsdefault.lua.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

To resolve the issue with Lockon automatically changing the aspect ratio change the permissions on the graphics.cfg file so the Administrators group only has read/execute and read priviledges. Now Lockon won't be able to change the aspect ratio.

Wide Aspect LCDs

I was considering purchasing this (http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=56 )for my flying/gaming/computer needs. Its the 37" (didn't want to go much bigger than this due to proximity) Westinghouse 1080P but after reading all of this, I am hesitant of going away from my 21.3" LCD that does a standard 1600x1200 resolution.

Has this wide-aspect lcd problem with the views been corrected yet, or has a workaround been found for LockOn 1.12a?

I was considering purchasing this (http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=56 )for my flying/gaming/computer needs. Its the 37" (didn't want to go much bigger than this due to proximity) Westinghouse 1080P but after reading all of this, I am hesitant of going away from my 21.3" LCD that does a standard 1600x1200 resolution.

Has this wide-aspect lcd problem with the views been corrected yet, or has a workaround been found for LockOn 1.12a?

I have the Westinghouse 42 inch 1080P and I love it. I run mine at 1920x1080 all day with no issues whatsoever. The 37" would be great also.

In LockOn FC, do you gain width-wise, but lose vertically some of the normally seen image area when using standard resolutions? I would like to see a screenshot if you could, of what your standard in cockpit, looking straight ahead looks like at the high resolution. If you have the time.

I use a 22" widescreen LCD in 1:6 ratio and I think the top/bottom is a bit cutoff... but you can easily adjust this by zooming out. I use TrackIR so when I start a game I just move a bit forward to zoom in a tad... centre the TrackIR... then sit normally. I personaly don't have any issue with widescreen.

I tried before to use a widescreen 37" LCD TV as a monitor but didn't like it because if its lower resolution (I think it has 1156x768 or something like that) When zoomed out I wasn't unable to read any dials or HUD. Numbers were just a blur.

Then I decided to get 22" (which has 1680x1050 resolution) and cockpit dials and HUD is very readable now even when I zoom out a bit.

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks Kuky,

The 37" display we are speaking of though is a 1080P so the resolution is 1920 x 1080, so it should be quite good!

My biggest worry is the chopping of the image top and bottom.

I was going to buy a 42", then a 40" but these are a bit too big for the distance I will be sitting from them for flight. So the 37" is borderline (32" being the ideal size based on my numbers for me).

I will probably hold off even longer due to this issue with chopping the top and bottom off, and just continue flying on my 21" @ 1600x1200 LCD.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the wife finally tricked me into ordering it!:megalol:

Not really, she just wanted me to finally order it instead of putting it off any further. So in a few days I will have my Westinghouse LVM37w3 37" 1080P display running LockOn at 1920 x 1080 and will let you guys know how I truely feel about it. Hopefully it is a good report.:thumbup:

I know what you mean with regards to the image chop top and bottom, however I reakon you won't be disappointed. I was setting up lock on on my mates new PC with 22'' widescreen and I was annoyed at first by the chop, however you soon come to love the extra viewable side distance. When I came home back to my 19'' 4:3, I immediately decided on an upgrade. I'm yet to get it but can't wait!

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Well the wife finally tricked me into ordering it!:megalol:

Not really, she just wanted me to finally order it instead of putting it off any further. So in a few days I will have my Westinghouse LVM37w3 37" 1080P display running LockOn at 1920 x 1080 and will let you guys know how I truely feel about it. Hoepfully it is a good report.:thumbup:

You will love it :)

No longer active in DCS...

My 37" LCD arrived and I got her all setup and working great. I can honestly say that I gave my wife the 21.3" Samsung Syncmaster LCD (1600x1200 res.) without any regrets at all. The 1080P Westinghouse 37" LCD (model no. 37w3) is awesome! Crisper, brighter colors, better view, but more importantly flying formation feels like I'm in a "big" sim plane now or at least close in size. It's quite interesting the way this large view works with your brain's interpretation and immersive feeling. I am running it off of a Digital KVM so that all four computers hooked up to it use the same 1920x1080 resolution. I even made a few custom wallpapers for that size.

Thank-you to everyone that had great input in this thread, which helped in taking the plunge.

I'm happy!:thumbup: