New Saitek X-55

X52Pro £250 ? Really, i can see it for £125.

My mistake, that was a very expensive website I saw. Yes, generally around £125 which would make it really worth paying even £150 for one with Hall sensors.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you are going to pay $350/£300 (which is how X65 is priced) for a potentiometer HOTAS why not go the whole hog pay $380/£330 for one with Hall Sensors?

My point is only that is not the use of HALL sensor that make HOTAS more or less expensive. Is the target market.

A entry level T.1600M stick use HALL on X an Y offer more two axis (pots) 16 buttons + HAT and cost less that a CH Flightstick PRO that offer only 3 axis, 4 buttons + HAT, use pot's and 8 bits (256 points) controller and still being sold.

Sokol1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve opted for info by registering for a prerelease but no info have been communicated. As always it’s a big gamble to buy these products on first release as they tend to not be finished developed. If your current stick is not working and need an immediate replacement I would go for X52 Pro. But make sure you buy the PRO :thumbup: version as the vanilla one is crap. If you currently have a working joystick then wait for the first 3-4 reviews of X55 before investing!

I also signed up for a prerelease.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I still can't believe they made a new "modern" stick with a single stage trigger, it feels like they took a step backwards.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I still can't believe they made a new "modern" stick with a single stage trigger, it feels like they took a step backwards.

You're telling me that they went to all the trouble of making a split axis throttle and obviously tried to somewhat copy the layout of the ubiquitous F-16 stick and decided to only use a single stage trigger?

That alone makes me want to pass. Simmers are cranky, fussy, extremely picky old men (figuratively speaking) who live and die by an absurd number of details. To not put in a two-stage trigger is pretty hilarious.

Oh my. There is no hope. I either stay with the X52 or I buy a TM Warthog.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I wonder if their new software is better than the previous iteration.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You're telling me that they went to all the trouble of making a split axis throttle and obviously tried to somewhat copy the layout of the ubiquitous F-16 stick and decided to only use a single stage trigger?

That alone makes me want to pass. Simmers are cranky, fussy, extremely picky old men (figuratively speaking) who live and die by an absurd number of details. To not put in a two-stage trigger is pretty hilarious.

well you always have VKB mamba, if you really want to splurge on a stick.

but the lack of 2 stage trigger is a really stupid thing, even though i dont fly the a-10, i still found it incredibly useful in other aircraft.

does the x-65 have a 2stage trigger, because the design is just repurposed from that?

Edited by karambiatos

If I had never used a dual stage trigger, I probably wouldn't mind or think twice. But once you get used to having and utilizing something, taking it away makes no sense.

• Like 1

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I've just tried to pre-order. At the end of a process I am getting a following message:

"We are unable to place this order because one or more items in your order is not available in sufficient quantity. Please go back and reduce your order."

Am I already too late to pre-order? Or Mad Catz did not enter Rhinо in the pre-order system yet?

Edited by =4c= Hajduk Veljko

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The pre-order link on the US page just reloads the page now.

Amazon does not even list it, yet.

EDIT: Make that none of the listed sites, have it in their inventory.

Edited by cichlidfan

The pre-order e-mail I received says that preorder is available from Newegg and Amazon. However, X-55 is nowhere to be seen over there.

I guess Saitek jumped the gun and is not ready for preorder yet.

Im really interested because of the changeable springs.

Does anyone know if I can change the spring force of the x52pro. I would like to have a little bit more resistance.

I did this mod:

Vid is for X52 non pro, but it works the same, just more difficult because of the inside spring.

I agree! That is just plain ****ing STUPID! not to put in a dual stage trigger!

Someone needs to be fired!

Well, now the throttle and the stick will have separated USB connections, I think that would be a smart move from Saitek/Mad Catz selling them separately. I have the CH Pro Throttle, it forms a good set with my new Thrustmaster Warthog (standalone edition) but I miss the rotarie from my CH Fighterstick that I used to set for prop pitch control.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount