New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The throttle looks like the throttle of the X-65f, so I hope it's a metal construction.

Looking forward to the price and more information.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Big disappointment for the lack of Force Feedback. It looks like FF is a challenge that no PC joystick manufacturing company can take on. Sad ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

why do everyone wants FF? as I asked before, does the real modern fly by ware planes have FF? and also for a massive FF peripheral, I think USB won't provide enough electricity and you will need external adapter for that, maybe that's why manufacturers avoid it. CMIIW.

Yes, you will need AC power for FFB but nothing else can provide the feedback desired by many for helos and prop aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, it is really sad that there is no FFB on the new Saitek stick.

I don't see the reason for X-55's existence now - X52 pro and X-65f cover all grounds, if we talk about universal HOTAS.

I think USB won't provide enough electricity and you will need external adapter for that, maybe that's why manufacturers avoid it.

There are huge amount of FFB steering wheels on the market (I've got Logitech's G25 which is awesome) so that is not the primary reason.

Primary reason is small ROI from niche market like hardcore sims one. So they (manufacturers) stick with common denominator - it would be too expensive to design proper FFB stick to please (very demanding) hardcore flight simulator crowd. Logitech tried, but sort of failed and was forced to discontinue their FFB HOTAS early.

Edited by danilop

Yes X-55 will very likely be in limbo pricewise, cheaper then the Warthog but not enough so, more expensive than X-52 Pro but not with enough extra-features.

I might even get over it not being FF which frankly i feel most people were waiting for if they at least would have gone for a full digital sensor solution, but no, Hall effect sensors on stick x/y and... that's it. Pots everywhere else. I'm really really tired of pots since like 5 years ago, about time they would gimme a break with the goddamned pots. Thrustmaster did with the Warthog HOTAS, i'm not hearing anyone bitching and moaning asking for their pots back :).

Unless Saitek has a much better source for potentiometers, this is not going to be anything to shout about.

Their trim wheel is the only thing I have seen from them without jitter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes I saw that, what is the HALL sensor actually?

mag26.gif

Lets say...hmmm... something like a contact free potentiometer, more precise, more reliable, but more expensive :smilewink:

Yes X-55 will very likely be in limbo pricewise, cheaper then the Warthog but not enough so, more expensive than X-52 Pro but not with enough extra-features.

I might even get over it not being FF which frankly i feel most people were waiting for if they at least would have gone for a full digital sensor solution, but no, Hall effect sensors on stick x/y and... that's it. Pots everywhere else. I'm really really tired of pots since like 5 years ago, about time they would gimme a break with the goddamned pots. Thrustmaster did with the Warthog HOTAS, i'm not hearing anyone bitching and moaning asking for their pots back :).

Absolutely. What a missed opportunity. All axes should be Hall sensors these days, its not as of they are expensive any more but the HOTAS will be as they try to recoup the major cost - development. Alongside that the cost of Hall sensors is petty.

And no FFB? This product is supposed to be aimed at the keen simmer! You can argue about whether FFB is what the market is looking for but potentiometers? I am deeply disappointed. Their design team is ten years out of date.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Actually there are a lot of "keen" simmers that do not use Force Feedback.

Never liked it in racing and don't like it in flight simming... but to each his own.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I am going to guess that the X-65 didn't do as well as they had hoped/expected and realized it was because of the force sensing stick... so take the best aspects of the X-52 Pro, X-65, and maybe a touch of Warthog... and you get this stick. Hardware wise, for me it is mainly an X-52 Pro with a dual throttle. If I were to buy a new stick right now, the X-55 would be in the running if it were priced similar to the X-52 Pro, otherwise, I would just get an X-52 Pro. Unless I specifically needed the dual-throttle or separate USB plugs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well that sucks , I already have the x52 and x65.... Too bad they made this with separate usb. I could really get into the throttle and I like the x65 stick Maybe they could have sold the throttle and stick separately.

Actually would be cool if the x52 stick could interchange with the x65 system.

Oh, well I guess i will Stick with what I have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Lets say...hmmm... something like a contact free potentiometer, more precise, more reliable, but more expensive

More expensive that cheap potentiometers, YES, but not than quallity potentiometers like ones used in CH (a old design, not like these actual ceramic pot's).

3D HALL sensor used in Warthog and TM16000M cost ~3$ in batchs.

Case is that pot's used, i.e. like in Saitek Quadrant cost only cents...

Sokol1

More expensive that cheap potentiometers, YES, but not than quallity potentiometers like ones used in CH (a old design, not like these actual ceramic pot's).

3D HALL sensor used in Warthog and TM16000M cost ~3$ in batchs.

Case is that pot's used, i.e. like in Saitek Quadrant cost only cents...

Sokol1

And if you are going to pay $350/£300 (which is how X65 is priced) for a potentiometer HOTAS why not go the whole hog pay $380/£330 for one with Hall Sensors?

Even the X52Pro is £250 here in the UK. I'd pay £280 for a new X52 with all Hall sensors.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I really looked forward to this stick. But Saitek screws up big time not giving all axis hall sensors. So...what now?

I7-4790K with Corsair H110 / Asus Maximus VII HERO / 2 x 8 GB Corsair Platinum 2400 / Asus GTX980ti / OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB for OS / Corsair ax760i / Corsair Carbide 540 / Samsung EVO 500GB for games

/ CM 690 / Track IR5 / Logitech Extreme 3D / Saitek Proflight yoke, rudder & two USB throttle quadrants / Saitek X55 /

VRinsight TT planel / Thrustmaster T500RS / Samsung SM P2770HD / 1000 cables.....