Need Help: New Su-33/27K Skin

Okay, I've been working on a new Su-33 skin, and I think I'm about finished. Thing is, my laptop can't handle LOMAC, and I'm living away from my PC. So I was wondering if anyone was willing to take screenshots of the skin for me. Preferably someone with a pretty good GPU, like an X800.

Here were some WIP shots of it: http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=146;t=000633

screenshot0087xx.jpg

• Like 1
sigzk5.jpg

You mean something like this ?

Yes, sort of. I need the shots of it from above, both sides, front, behind and below though to make sure everything about the skin is fine first, using CTRL * zoom as that reduces perspective distortion.

Is it okay if I send them to you two, Thomas and Wolf? If it is, please PM you're email...I'm also using Mizzy's Bright skinning technique so the textures aren't that big.

sigzk5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks from that last series that you've only skinned one side of the aircraft . . . . . is that right?

I've been on the lookout for hi-res Su33 skins with the squadron tail art for a while - there's a pair in my Navy mod, but these look to be a bit higher definition.

Will release my mod with the current skins, but a future tweak to the mod is going to improve the looks in a couple of other areas - any chance I could perhaps use these skins in a future version?

Looks from that last series that you've only skinned one side of the aircraft . . . . . is that right?

Basically. The underside is skinned as well, but the weathering is not as extensive. Actually, I'd like to add a lot more weathering effects if I can in the future.

I've been on the lookout for hi-res Su33 skins with the squadron tail art for a while - there's a pair in my Navy mod, but these look to be a bit higher definition.

They are. My skins are only 1024x1024, whereas Alex's is 2048x2048. I just don't want to affect FPS too much, which is why I use the smaller size plus Bright to reduce texture size to a third of what was.

Will release my mod with the current skins, but a future tweak to the mod is going to improve the looks in a couple of other areas - any chance I could perhaps use these skins in a future version?

Sure. I was thinking of BSO when I was painting these anyway :)

sigzk5.jpg

Basically. The underside is skinned as well, but the weathering is not as extensive. Actually, I'd like to add a lot more weathering effects if I can in the future.

I like it the way it is. Personally I prefer the “new” look of the aircraft rather than the look of beat up old junk. Good job, it’s a definite download once it’ll become available.

LomacBanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...