DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Version 2.54 is released!  This version gives a lot of love to the F-16, and picked up some steam to fix bugs and enhance other profiles as well.

Change Log:

• Added Spacebar (mission trigger activation) to CommState H2U Long.
  • Set SRS Overlay command to PULSE to prevent rapid toggling.
  • F-14: Added Target Size switch to RIO RMFD.
  • MiG-15/L-39/JF-17: Removed flashing LED for manually held airbrake to improve profile stability.
  • F/A-18C/AV-8B: Added "-1" parameter to DF/Boat Switch as Master Mode Select to force off for VR or 0 MFD users.
  • F/A-18C: Added custom keypress and delay between keypress values to better enable consistent button actuation.

F-16C:

• Fixed numerous keybindings.
  • Replaced default Show/Hide Stick binding (backspace) with RShift+Backspace to deconflict with ICP Recall.
  • Added discrete on/off commands for Sensor Power on RMFD and added EHSI Mode to LMFD.
  • Added Hide/Show Stick to S3+S1 Short (Long for Canopy).  Not applicable to VR.
  • Added External Lighting to MFD3 and improved External Lighting Switch logic on the Warthog Throttle.

JF-17:

• Remapped Antenna Elevation axis as slider.
  • Added digital clock controls, moved Backup Sights and FCS Reset on LMFD.

P-47D:

• Replaced magneto with discrete Weapon Safety Switch on LMFD.
  • Added stylized MFD inserts

Edited by Home Fries

The multicrew heuy is out and for its comms to operate successfully it requires at least three unique buttons. Otherwise it is always hot mic to intercom all the time making it hard for copilot. I have it right now only one key mapped to PTT.

The issue relies with the rotary, whenever you turn the rotary for comms it switches for both pilot and co-pilot which ends to hot-mic.

Any chance you free the MIC switch so that all axis can be assigned to SRS?

Edited by tomeye

Hi,

On F-18C Hornet profile, with Cougar, the S3 button is used to undesignate a target
But TrackIR Center is S3+S4

So, often after designate a target, when I center my TrackIR, I undesignate my target 😞

Is there an easy way I can change the key for TrackIR Center, for exemple on S4 only.
I know it may conflict with other S4 functions (A/P Disonnect, G-Limiter Override (GSU) and Wheelbrakes (GSD)) but if it's possible it should not cause me big issues as when I use these functions, I often look in front

Thanks

On 1/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, Oiz0 said:

Hi,

On F-18C Hornet profile, with Cougar, the S3 button is used to undesignate a target
But TrackIR Center is S3+S4

So, often after designate a target, when I center my TrackIR, I undesignate my target 😞

Is there an easy way I can change the key for TrackIR Center, for exemple on S4 only.
I know it may conflict with other S4 functions (A/P Disonnect, G-Limiter Override (GSU) and Wheelbrakes (GSD)) but if it's possible it should not cause me big issues as when I use these functions, I often look in front

Thanks

On the F/A-18 and AV-8B, the undesignate function is sensitive based on whether the logical gear state is up or down (i.e. be sure to use the HOTAS to cycle the landing gear).  If the logical gear state is down, the NWS button is always held to allow for the tighter steering.  However, when the logical gear state is up and you only need to tap S3, it is TEMPO'd so that you always press the modifier, but S3 Short performs NWS/Undesignate.

The trick to this is:

1. Make sure your logical gear state is "up".  You can verify this if the LMFD Right LED is out.
  2. Hold down S3 when doing your recenter (i.e. don't tap it).  This will not actuate the NWS/Undesignate function.
On 1/22/2021 at 1:39 PM, Spud257 said:

Same here can't access any. Thanks

On 1/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, Jumpjim said:

None of the sources for the file download seem to work. They all come up as unavailable. Is there another upload somewhere I can use please? Thanks.

Please try the server again.

Edited by Home Fries

All,

I just had to replace the router on the server.  This also means I had to update the dynamic DNS.

To update to the new DNS,

1. Go into the CTS\DB folder and open up the version.txt file in Notepad
  2. Globally replace the string mynetgear.com with tplinkdns.com

Alternatively, you can download the version.txt in the original post, copy it to your CTS\DB folder, then just re-download everything.

This should fix any issues until I can update the installer.  

Edited by Home Fries

9 hours ago, Home Fries said:

On the F/A-18 and AV-8B, the undesignate function is sensitive based on whether the logical gear state is up or down (i.e. be sure to use the HOTAS to cycle the landing gear).  If the logical gear state is down, the NWS button is always held to allow for the tighter steering.  However, when the logical gear state is up and you only need to tap S3, it is TEMPO'd so that you always press the modifier, but S3 Short performs NWS/Undesignate.

The trick to this is:

1. Make sure your logical gear state is "up".  You can verify this if the LMFD Right LED is out.
  2. Hold down S3 when doing your recenter (i.e. don't tap it).  This will not actuate the NWS/Undesignate function.

Please try the server again.

You're right, I use very often the G key to cycle my landing gear. It's an habit. I understand the logic now and I will try to use the HOSTAS instead. Thanks you for your response

Edited by Oiz0

Home Fries thanks very much for the temporary fix it worked great and all is downloaded and working. An extra big thank you as this is a fantastic piece of work and quite clearly a labour of love.

As I am new to this I am still reading and learning how all this works. I have a question but first a statement, I would like to use this CTS with Baileys Voice attack profiles. If I have understood all I have read correctly I need to make sure that the keyboard lua for Baileys is the same as for CTS otherwise Voice Attack won't work correctly. Could anyone let me know is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I can't promise that they will be compatible with Bailey's VA profiles; I try to keep the default keystrokes intact and add others, but sometimes I need to change default ones.  I have, however, made the profile compatible with VAICOM Pro, and in fact it integrates quite well.

Hi HomeFries, 

Is the Update server still down?

Thanks!

dKvc6RY.gif

My Rig: i9 11900K, 64GB Ram, RTX3090 24GB, Quest 3, Custom Fixed Base 8040 Sim, Custom Sim Shaker, WinWing F16EX with Gooseneck, WinWing Orion 2 Throttle FA18/F15EX Grip, WinWing Combat Panel, Winwing PTO Panel, TFRP Pedals, 3 x Cougar MFDs, StreamDeck XL & Mini, 3 x Custom Button Panels, Custom GA Throttle and a Winwing KA-50 Collective. 

VR ONLY! OpenBeta, Private Server Admin and DCS Liberation User.

5 hours ago, angrymancunian said:

Hi HomeFries, 

Is the Update server still down?

Thanks!

On 1/24/2021 at 1:33 AM, Home Fries said:

I just had to replace the router on the server.  This also means I had to update the dynamic DNS.

To update to the new DNS,

1. Go into the CTS\DB folder and open up the version.txt file in Notepad
  2. Globally replace the string mynetgear.com with tplinkdns.com

Alternatively, you can download the version.txt in the original post, copy it to your CTS\DB folder, then just re-download everything.

This should fix any issues until I can update the installer.  

On 1/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, Spud257 said:

Thanks for the reply do you know if there is a utility to compare lua files?

I use https://text-compare.com/

On 1/31/2021 at 3:08 AM, Home Fries said:

You can also download version.txt from the OP.  You'll have to download everything again, but it should work.

Yeah, I have done that now still get the same issue.  Tried a new install and used the new Version.txt and got exactly same issue.  Says server is not available.

I may be doing something wrong?

dKvc6RY.gif

My Rig: i9 11900K, 64GB Ram, RTX3090 24GB, Quest 3, Custom Fixed Base 8040 Sim, Custom Sim Shaker, WinWing F16EX with Gooseneck, WinWing Orion 2 Throttle FA18/F15EX Grip, WinWing Combat Panel, Winwing PTO Panel, TFRP Pedals, 3 x Cougar MFDs, StreamDeck XL & Mini, 3 x Custom Button Panels, Custom GA Throttle and a Winwing KA-50 Collective. 

Version 2.55 is uploaded.  Additionally, a new installer with the updated DNS is available (links in the OP).

Change Log:

• F-16C: Added IFF In/Out to S3+Comm/Mic Switch.
  • Su-25T: Added HUD Filter to S3+ROSB16.
  • F/A-18C: Added ECM to S3+LCON.

P-47D:

• P-47D: Replaced toggles with discrete keys on RMFD.
  • Added Recognition Light Key Switch to S1 Long.

M-2000C:

• Major updates for DCS World 2.5.6.60645 and later.
  • Added ILS/TACAN to RMFD.
  • Added Autopilot Altitude to LMFD and  H2L/R (Warthog).
  • Added Bingo to RMFD and H2L/R (Warthog).
  • Added NVG Lighting and discrete Stores Config switch to LMFD.
  • Added VAD Knob to H2L/R Long (Cougar) or S3+CSL/R (Warthog).

Note: M-2000C NVG Adjustment mod is now obsolete.

Hi HomeFries,

Just downloaded the new version, I get exactly the same as before:

Server Not Available Try Again Later

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

dKvc6RY.gif

Yeah I have version 2.502 installed.

No been able to update for a while though.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, angrymancunian said:

Yeah I have version 2.502 installed.

No been able to update for a while though.

Thanks!

Fixed it, downloaded through VPN - set my location as Seattle! I am in the UK!  Thanks for the responses, hopefully helps anyone else having issues.

dKvc6RY.gif