DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

22 hours ago, itarrow said:

While talking about the Tomcat: I've got back using it after some time spent with the Harrier and I'm using CTS 2.574 (Warthog user with VR).

Whatever KB/WH release I select among the ones available (252 or 246) for my kb/WH combination, I get a whole bunch of red question marks along most of the command listed as soon as I assign the profile to kb and wh.

This doesn't happen with F16 or Harrier or Hornet, just with the F14. I tried using the profile anyway, but there's a bunch of command not working (ie trim or wing sweep or gear up/down or CM/DLC selection) while some others are working.

Wonder if anybody can suggest something to try and have also the F14 profile working...

Did you set your joy_btn30-32 as modifiers in both the pilot and RIO stations?

image.gif

Edited by Home Fries

6 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Did you set your joy_btn30-32 as modifiers in both the pilot and RIO stations?

image.gif

Also for the RIO ! Thanks ! I didn't do it for the RIO as I never use it, but after your suggestion I did it and now it works (no more red exclamation marks)

• Like 1

Thinking of getting the F18 stick, but since i switch modules Pretty often, what happens if i fly Hornet with Hornet Stick and switch Profile for example to Mi-8 and left the Hornet stick on?

First do the profile switching without specific hornet Mapping work in general?

Second, do keep the buttons its positions? like trigger is still trigger etc.? or is there a "pattern" in switches buttons?

I assume Hat 2 and Hat 3 stuff will be pretty messed up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 8/23/2021 at 10:02 PM, JanRalle said:

Thinking of getting the F18 stick, but since i switch modules Pretty often, what happens if i fly Hornet with Hornet Stick and switch Profile for example to Mi-8 and left the Hornet stick on?

First do the profile switching without specific hornet Mapping work in general?

Second, do keep the buttons its positions? like trigger is still trigger etc.? or is there a "pattern" in switches buttons?

I assume Hat 2 and Hat 3 stuff will be pretty messed up?

Hi JanRalle,

Hat 2 and Hat 4 pretty much match up on the Warthog and Hornet sticks.  The difference is that since the Hornet castle switch has a push button, that maps to H3L.  The rest of Hat 3 maps to the pushwheel next to the Recce button.  So keeping the F-18 stick attached to the base will work with other modules, but the Hat 3 mapping won't be intuitive.

2.57 Hotfix 7 is up.  It fixed a configuration management issue with Hotfix 6 (i.e. the F-14 custom lua is fixed) and updates the F-14 diff.luas.  Of note, the RIO MFD3 is fixed, and the throttle curves have been tweaked so that the speedbrakes and DLC close at the mil power detent.

3 hours ago, Kisi said:

Hey @Home Fries

Have I done something wrong while updating to latest hotfix? I cannot see a P-51D Mustang on a list of modules. I was afraid to build the new script in case it would not let me use it.

Thanks for all your hard work. 

The P-51 is not listed because it's automatically activated (since the TF-51 is free with DCS World).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomeye said:

When I try profile switching I get the following error in Target

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: IL2TC, in "DCS_AcftSel(1);"

However, I can switch profiles only the voice cannot be heard.

Did you ever have IL-2 Tank Crew set as one of your MFD shortcuts?  If so, make sure you replace it with something else.

• Like 1

I'm using the Hotas Cougar and I'm trying to switch profiles on the fly, using the combination S3 (shift button) + T9 (Speed brake close) but this combination seems to change the brake type. I'm not using any MFDs so I've set the appropriate value to 0 but I'm really not sure If I'm missing anything else. I'd highly appreciate any help 🙂

Edit: Figured out this only happens if I have the Su-25 as the starting profile.

image_2021-09-23_181741.png

Edited by fostiras

I have connected to the PC: Cougar Hotas but stick is mounted on the Warthog Base.

I am using configuration:

Warthog Joystick = 1

Warthog Throttle = 0

In the Hotas Cougar panel I have strange behavior, when I touch the throttle, almost all buttons on the stick light up. Yet stick is not connected to the Cougar base.

image.png

also Thrustmaster Combined is giving me this strange behavior:

image.png

This is reflected in DCS because I observe strange behavior, e.g. F18 after the start fuel bump always opens.

I don't know if this is normal behavior of the Cougar base without a stick or if there is something damaged. I wonder if it is possible to unassign stick buttons on Cougar base if Warthog Joystick = 1?

Edited by rafalg78

On 9/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, fostiras said:

I'm using the Hotas Cougar and I'm trying to switch profiles on the fly, using the combination S3 (shift button) + T9 (Speed brake close) but this combination seems to change the brake type. I'm not using any MFDs so I've set the appropriate value to 0 but I'm really not sure If I'm missing anything else. I'd highly appreciate any help 🙂

Edit: Figured out this only happens if I have the Su-25 as the starting profile.

image_2021-09-23_181741.png

Make sure you have Number of Thrustmaster MFDs set to 0.  This value can be found under Global in the category titled Hardware Configuration.

EDIT: I'll take a look at the Su-25 routine to make sure there's nothing wrong with the code.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, rafalg78 said:

I have connected to the PC: Cougar Hotas but stick is mounted on the Warthog Base.

I am using configuration:

Warthog Joystick = 1

Warthog Throttle = 0

In the Hotas Cougar panel I have strange behavior, when I touch the throttle, almost all buttons on the stick light up. Yet stick is not connected to the Cougar base.

image.png

also Thrustmaster Combined is giving me this strange behavior:

image.png

This is reflected in DCS because I observe strange behavior, e.g. F18 after the start fuel bump always opens.

I don't know if this is normal behavior of the Cougar base without a stick or if there is something damaged. I wonder if it is possible to unassign stick buttons on Cougar base if Warthog Joystick = 1?

I don't specifically support this configuration, but you shouldn't have trouble if you set Warthog Joystick to 0 in CTS.  The real difference with the HC stick and WH stick is the pushbutton on H4 which the Cougar doesn't have.  However, you may want to find and comment out the following line near the bottom of DCS_World.tmc:

if (!WarthogStick) 		Configure(&Joystick,MODE_EXCLUDED);	//added in 1.67

just add // to the beginning of the line to disable it. TARGET will still look for the WH stick, but won't assign anything to H4P.  If this works, you may want to go to your DB\DCS_World_Template.tmc and comment out the line there as well.  You will need to comment out the line every update, though.

image.gif

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries, thanks for answer but I can not set Warthog Joystick to 0 because then stick is stop working as it is on the Warthog Base.

Probably I was not clear with my explanation, sorry.

I think that issue is not comming from the fact that stick do not have push button on H4.

I am looking for the solution to not script Joystick on the Cougar base as it is in on the Warthog Base.

My problem is that although the joystick is not connected to the Cougar base all buttons light up in the control panel as if they were used simultaneously. This state is triggered by the use of throttle.

12 minutes ago, rafalg78 said:

Home Fries, thanks for answer but I can not set Warthog Joystick to 0 because then stick is stop working as it is on the Warthog Base.

Probably I was not clear with my explanation, sorry.

I think that issue is not comming from the fact that stick do not have push button on H4.

I am looking for the solution to not script Joystick on the Cougar base as it is in on the Warthog Base.

My problem is that although the joystick is not connected to the Cougar base all buttons light up in the control panel as if they were used simultaneously. This state is triggered by the use of throttle.

I agree with your assessment, but if you comment out the line I gave you above, then setting Warthog Joystick to 0 should still work.  It may not fix the issue, but it's worth trying.  I honestly don't know what's causing the problem, but this is just trying something to see if it works.  I have tested the WH stick on a WH base with the Cougar throttle in TARGET with no issues.

Do you have anything attached to the cougar stick base?  I wonder if the absence of a controller could be doing anything.

Edited by Home Fries

22 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Do you have anything attached to the cougar stick base?  I wonder if the absence of a controller could be doing anything.

Nothing attached to the Cougar base.

Warthog Joystick to and comment the line is not solving the issue 😞

Looks like need to looking around for new throttle.

45 minutes ago, rafalg78 said:

Nothing attached to the Cougar base.

Warthog Joystick to and comment the line is not solving the issue 😞

Looks like need to looking around for new throttle.

Maybe not.  try plugging the stick into the cougar base to see if that fixes the problem.

30 minutes ago, rafalg78 said:

I mounted a stick on Cougar base and the problem is gone. It seems the Cougar base without a joystick is causing this problem.

So the next question is when you have Warthog Joystick set to 1 and the stick on the Warthog base, do the phantom buttons on the cougar stick do anything to the Thrustmaster Combined in the Device Analyzer?

Version 2.61 is released.

Change Log:

• Added Mosquito FB VI
  • Mi24: Added toggle option to SC/T1 Petrovich
  • Minor fixes to Spitfire

Updated bindings since 2.60:  Mosquito, Spitfire
Updated SnapViews since 2.60: Both
Updated Custom Luas since 2.60: None

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Home Fries said:

So the next question is when you have Warthog Joystick set to 1 and the stick on the Warthog base, do the phantom buttons on the cougar stick do anything to the Thrustmaster Combined in the Device Analyzer?

In that configuration, Cougar axis are not responding but buttons yes.