DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hey Home Fries,

i don't own the Warthog yet. But I give you a note once I actually buy one to test this out.

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Windows and TARGET fist fighting?

TARGET PROFILE USERS:

I am having an intermittent problem with Windows 10 (1809) and TARGET. Sometimes after the computer has been idling for awhile and I start up a TARGET profile, Windows doesn't disconnect the physical stick, throttle and MFD's1&2. DCS's controls setting show the Virtual TM Combo device and the aforementioned physical devices. Also the Windows Devices and Printers, so the TM physical devices, but without the yellow caution signs Window normally shows when the TM Virtual Combo device is running.

It has the effect of making the axes extremely twitchy and button pressing problematic. I have CLEARED CATEGORIES for the TM physical devices, but the axes still jump around like they are double mapped.

I can tell when this is going to happen by the time it takes the TARGET Profile to load and announce the "selected" aircraft. If it takes 2x or 3x as long as normally for the profile to start, then I have the problem. Switching profiles or restarting TARGET does not solve the problem. If I launch a TARGET profile immediately after a reboot, it starts normally. So I suspect it may have something to do with the USB power management.

Someone mentioned something similar in a few posts earlier but in connection with the COM switch. Has anyone else encountered this and if so have you found a solution?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

TARGET PROFILE USERS:

I am having an intermittent problem with Windows 10 (1809) and TARGET. Sometimes after the computer has been idling for awhile and I start up a TARGET profile, Windows doesn't disconnect the physical stick, throttle and MFD's1&2. DCS's controls setting show the Virtual TM Combo device and the aforementioned physical devices. Also the Windows Devices and Printers, so the TM physical devices, but without the yellow caution signs Window normally shows when the TM Virtual Combo device is running.

It has the effect of making the axes extremely twitchy and button pressing problematic. I have CLEARED CATEGORIES for the TM physical devices, but the axes still jump around like they are double mapped.

I can tell when this is going to happen by the time it takes the TARGET Profile to load and announce the "selected" aircraft. If it takes 2x or 3x as long as normally for the profile to start, then I have the problem. Switching profiles or restarting TARGET does not solve the problem. If I launch a TARGET profile immediately after a reboot, it starts normally. So I suspect it may have something to do with the USB power management.

Someone mentioned something similar in a few posts earlier but in connection with the COM switch. Has anyone else encountered this and if so have you found a solution?

I have the same problem. I stop the profile after noting which USB device does not have the yellow caution sign as it should (I find it helpful to list devices in the Device Manager "by Container"). I then physically disconnect and reconnect these devices and then run the profile again. It always works for me and it's much faster than a reboot. Haven't found a better solution although I have tried.

Hi Home Fries. This is my first post and I want to thank you! CTS is an amazing tool. I'm really grateful for the hard work.

Just for your situational awareness, I don't know if it was just me or widespread, there was a typo on the FC3 profiles and I was getting the symbol not found error. Throttle was misspelled as Thottle. I opened the tmc and compiled, CTL-F search, corrected the typo and the error message went away.

I also had an issue where the left warthog throttle was not registering, so I went into the scripts, found the axis assignments, and the script read along the lines of "if helicopter > 1..." I changed the entries to "if helicopter > 0..." and the left throttle became functional again.

I really like how well thought out the profiles are and how they function as a predictable ecosystem. As I learn ways to solve small problems like those above, and the ability to make some fine tuning on my own, I'm even more impressed.

Hi Home Fries. This is my first post and I want to thank you! CTS is an amazing tool. I'm really grateful for the hard work.

Thanks for the compliment!

Just for your situational awareness, I don't know if it was just me or widespread, there was a typo on the FC3 profiles and I was getting the symbol not found error. Throttle was misspelled as Thottle. I opened the tmc and compiled, CTL-F search, corrected the typo and the error message went away.

Found and fixed for next release.

I also had an issue where the left warthog throttle was not registering, so I went into the scripts, found the axis assignments, and the script read along the lines of "if helicopter > 1..." I changed the entries to "if helicopter > 0..." and the left throttle became functional again.

This is actually by design. Set Left throttle as analog throttle = 1 in CTS for either/both the UH-1 and SA342 to get helicopter > 1. Otherwise a digital throttle is used.

Version 2.29 is up. 2.29 Adds AWACS Mode, makes various AV-8B improvements, and fixes some bugs.

Additionally, 2.29 allows you to launch MFDisplay from within the script, so whenever you load a profile you get the appropriate MFD graphics on an auxiliary monitor.

The FC3 and AJS37 bugfixes were also retroactively applied to the 1.5.8 Legacy version of CTS.

Thanks for the suggestion.

No, I’m not running TS3, but ...Discord is running. I changed power management setting to inhibit Win10 from suspending USB devices, so we’ll see if that has any effect.

Are you guys using TeamSpeak? The controller hotkey plugin also produce this error. It need to deleted not only to turned off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Hi, Home Fries. The short of it is that the station dependent blister window controls in the Mi-8 are not working for me right now, don't know if I'm alone in this. But, my real goal is to continue learning the ins and outs of CTS.

I'd really like to understand how the station mapping for the Mi-8 works. I can see the definitions for stn > 2 FE, stn == 2 Pilot, else CP, but I'm trying to find where the program gets the current station info and how it all ties in together, to attempt to my own problem. This may be super complex and beyond my grasp, but I'd love to learn.

Thanks again, CTS is the best!

Hi, Home Fries. The short of it is that the station dependent blister window controls in the Mi-8 are not working for me right now, don't know if I'm alone in this. But, my real goal is to continue learning the ins and outs of CTS.

I will look into this.

I'd really like to understand how the station mapping for the Mi-8 works. I can see the definitions for stn > 2 FE, stn == 2 Pilot, else CP, but I'm trying to find where the program gets the current station info and how it all ties in together, to attempt to my own problem. This may be super complex and beyond my grasp, but I'd love to learn.

The POV hat cycles the active station in the Mi-8 (and almost any multi-seat aircraft for that matter). H1L is the pilot, H1R is the copilot, S3+H1L is the door gunner and S3+H1R is the flight engineer. In the logic, Station 1 is the right seat (i put this code in originally for the Huey), station 2 is the left seat, and 3+ are for other stations.

Thanks again, CTS is the best!

Thanks for the compliment!

I'd really like to understand how the station mapping for the Mi-8 works. I can see the definitions for stn > 2 FE, stn == 2 Pilot, else CP, but I'm trying to find where the program gets the current station info and how it all ties in together, to attempt to my own problem.

Right now you need to double-tap Hat1 to cycle the control mappings, even though a single tap will change your station. I'm updating this for the next build.

Trustmaster WH and Yak 52 /Christen Eagle

I cant get the Direct X profile to work, i can Map the buttons/Hats on the stick an they working

but on the throttle i can only bind Buttons and hats in the settings but no Registration after.

not in die Plane nor in the settings menu.

I tried with and without modifiers and with and without loading the Hawk Profile in DCS settings.

In the Device analyzer its showing Button presses like (11 31 32) and (10 31 32) etc.

the same as i can Map in Settings.

Other modules work fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys of this thread.. I am having an issue of my controller changing its device name and creating different input devices. how can i fix this

If you see a Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller as a device, that is correct.

Target "Disconnect" the throttle an Stick and "reconnects " it as a single device

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trustmaster WH and Yak 52 /Christen Eagle

I cant get the Direct X profile to work, i can Map the buttons/Hats on the stick an they working

but on the throttle i can only bind Buttons and hats in the settings but no Registration after.

not in die Plane nor in the settings menu.

I tried with and without modifiers and with and without loading the Hawk Profile in DCS settings.

In the Device analyzer its showing Button presses like (11 31 32) and (10 31 32) etc.

the same as i can Map in Settings.

Other modules work fine.

Set DX30, DX31, and DX32 as modifiers for the Yak and CEII. Then the throttle buttons should register properly.

Set DX30, DX31, and DX32 as modifiers for the Yak and CEII. Then the throttle buttons should register properly.

i tried with and without the modifiers defined under modifiers

Also with and without in the single buttons like (11 31 32) and (11)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MFD Profile switching Voice-Over out of sync?

Hi Home Fries,

since the 2.29 Update it seems to me that the voice-over stating the currently active profile (beore selecting a new one) is out of sync. When holding S3+LOSB1, the Microsoft Voice-Over states the active profile incorrectly. The actual profile switching with the MFD buttons works 100% though and the right profile as selected as per the options loaded for each button. For Example if I have the A-10C Profile active, the voice-over says I have the A-10A profile active.... for the FA-18C Profile, the voice-over refers to the F-15C. WHILE SWITCHING with an OSB button, the correct profile reference is given when pressing the button and is also correctly hot-switched. Everything works properly in terms of function, so its purely a cosmetic issue. Not sure if this is a bug or whether my update went hairy....

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hi Home Fries,

since the 2.29 Update it seems to me that the voice-over stating the currently active profile (beore selecting a new one) is out of sync.

Thanks for the report. When I added AWACS Mode I forgot to resequence the selection arrays. Fixed and the 2.29a hotfix is now up.

EDIT: FYI, there is no customary change of the change log or database increment for this update. I am too far along on 2.30 to revert either in order to document the hotfix. However, the hotfix is noted in the Updater log, so if you see the script as 2.291 you know you have the hotfix.

Edited by Home Fries

i tried with and without the modifiers defined under modifiers

Also with and without in the single buttons like (11 31 32) and (11)

If 11 along with 31 and 32 are displaying in Joystick Analyzer, the profile is working. Adding it to DCS Options is sometimes tricky. You may need to map the desired button or switch, then manually add the modifiers to match.

Hay homefries, it may be worth putting some delay when you flip the flaps around on the harrier, Razbam have put a delay into the animation which means if you flip from cruise to down quickly it will only go to auto

Assuming you're using the Warthog throttle, I already use the 3 position switch logic, so that's entirely on ED/RAZBAM. I recommend releasing to center for a quick pulse prior to going to the opposite button, so DCS recognizes that one switch is released before the other one is activated.