Help needed with terrible Shkval image quality!

ozTRipwiRE

Hi,

I have purchased a new PC to play games like the Black Shark on and have connected it to my large screen TV to play, but have run into a problem with flying the Black Shark. Sorry if I don’t include a great deal of technical information here but I am not very technically minded. I hope that it is OK to ask my question anyway. On the old PC that I was using the Shkval display displayed excellent image quality but as soon as I started playing the Shark on my new PC and my TV the image quality is absolutely awful. It is hard to explain but it has made it virtually impossible to make out enemies on the ground properly as the image quality is terrible. I could make out enemies a bit better when they were in the open however. I did go into the Options and experimented with different settings but the best I could get was still no good at all. I had installed the core game of Black Shark from CD (not in DCS World) and then downloaded the update into DCS World and do realise that the core game is probably very outdated. Seeing that I have already experimented with different settings for this chopper would it be a good idea to uninstall the core Black Shark game that I put on my PC from CD and the Black Shark 2 upgrade in DSC World and then purchase the full game from DCS that includes the upgrade, putting this full game into DCS World? Would this maybe solve this problem or is there another way that I could try that could perhaps solve this issue that preferably doesn’t involve having to change graphics files or anything like that? Could anyone please inform me on what to do with this issue?

My present PC specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio.

Any help is much appreciated,

ozTRipwiRE

Have you set your resolution to 1920x1080? I'm guessing your large screen TV is 1080p, so you need to match that or the image will look fuzzy. Or is it just the Shkval that is blurry?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Shkval problem

Hi Tone71,

Thanks for your help. The cockpit is okay, it is just the Shkval display that is the problem. I did change the resolution (thought I had tried that before) like ShuRugal recommended and that helped a lot. Now the display is much easier to read but still is a bit blurry.

Thanks,

ozTRipwiRE

• 2 weeks later...

Display in Black Shark

Hi MTFDarkEagle,

Sorry to take so long to post this. You asked me to post a screenshot of the display in the Shark for you. I have run into another problem though that I need help with. Could you help me out with it? The problem is that the display does not seem to properly show up enemy targets. I have experienced this with DCS Warthog also. They would not appear until zoomed in very close then they suddenly appeared. Is this your experience also? I would appreciate help with this.

Thanks,

ozTRipwRE

Put some screenshots with how the image looks and also say or post screenshots of your settings in system tab.

Also what nvidia settings do you use?

Other than that the discussion will be pretty much useless as it could just be something related with taste and preferences. maybe you simply want too much from the game...

I attached my settings so you can compare if you have the same.

r4vg.thumb.jpg.f3c7f930d798474b607afbea6354a534.jpg

xnek.jpg.55d58b2d51aa537be67216fea33d740a.jpg

ed33.jpg.ef3f3fb95685db836e09997db8344230.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...

Targeting Pod of Warthog

Hi,

Thanks very much for your help, but I have put off trying to ‘fix’ the Black Shark display and am focussing on trying to improve the function of the Warthog Targeting Pod as that is a priority for me at the moment. Maybe you could help me out with it? Sorry that this is not in the DCS Warthog section. I have attached a video of how it works for me. Is this what happens for you as well if you play that sim? The targets seem to ‘pop’ in and out and don’t seem to show up properly on the screen. I am not sure if others experience this or not. If this is not the general experience could you please help me to fix this so I can see the enemy targets on the Targeting Pod display when at all levels of zoom? Thanks very much for any help. The version of DCS Warthog I am using is one I recently downloaded into DCS World, not an old copy.

My specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. I use HDMI on my PC.

I tried to take a screenshot of my settings but pressing Prt Scr then pasting did not work so I will have to try a different way.

Thanks very much for any help,

ozTRipwiRE

Video of Targeting Pod.trk