More teasers !!

• ED Team
Oldgerd or Chizh,

Since this the only topic I can contact you, what's the latest news on availability of CD BS version with the release of the game? Will we have to wait three more months for CD version?I made a topic about this too but it was unanswered.

Thanks for the answers.

Too early to say much on distribution issues. It should go easier for an end user at this time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Olgerd/ Chizh,

Can you guys tell us whats after BS. Is it a A-10, Su-25T, and two choppers game or will it be the F-16?

Are you guys currently working on more titles than BS? (the f-16 one)

Thx

Kroll

Currently we are working mostly on BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• 1 month later...

Olergd,

will the F-16 be implemented into Lock On as an addon or will this be for the new Middle East game? Or both?

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

• ED Team
It was alreay asked before, does the AI programmed to shoot the AIM-9P from behind only? (I assume it does...)

Yes of course.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Olergd,

will the F-16 be implemented into Lock On as an addon or will this be for the new Middle East game? Or both?

T-Bone

BS is the last lockon addon, and i hope that F-16 will not be the first aircraft in the furtur ED Sim. Russian plane will be better.

BS is the last lockon addon, and i hope that F-16 will not be the first aircraft in the furtur ED Sim. Russian plane will be better.

The 'F-16' will not just be an F-16. There will be a western fighter and a russian fighter with equivalent roles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The 'F-16' will not just be an F-16. There will be a western fighter and a russian fighter with equivalent roles.

Good news :)

But I think it's too much work. For rentabilty for Ed team, it's better, i think to do, only one multi role fighter and concentrate their efforts and time to dynamic campaign or mission generator, communications, etc.

To have a great sim, it's not the quantity but the quality.

And the quality of an F-16 is......wohoo! :P

mmmh, ...I have F4 for that

and futur LP product, and (perhaps) futur Fighterops product....

Amraam, idon't speak about the quality of the aircraft, but the quality of the Sim, it's totaly different. Perhaps you don't anderstand my poor english ?

Good news :)

But I think it's too much work. For rentabilty for Ed team, it's better, i think to do, only one multi role fighter and concentrate their efforts and time to dynamic campaign or mission generator, communications, etc.

To have a great sim, it's not the quantity but the quality.

I disagree; while the DC and comms -are- important, so is having two opposing aircraft. This entire -sim- provides the pleasure of flying against a modern enemy aircraft flown by ANOTHER person, not AI, which is something few other modern air combat flight sims provide.

It is -very- important to have both fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I disagree; while the DC and comms -are- important, so is having two opposing aircraft. This entire -sim- provides the pleasure of flying against a modern enemy aircraft flown by ANOTHER person, not AI, which is something few other modern air combat flight sims provide.

Agreed, but not obligatorily in the first release. do you know what is an addon :)

1) The product will be ready earlier and more complete

2) Ed will sell 2 products (not one)

This entire -sim- provides the pleasure of flying against a modern enemy aircraft flown by ANOTHER person, not AI, which is something few other modern air combat flight sims provide.

Provided they have similar levels of accuracy of modelling to RL and are similarly matched ... Mig-29 v F-22 would be a poor choice! Also, it would be preferrable if systems (radar) on both a/c worked as designed ... unlike 1.12a.

Agreed, but not obligatorily in the first release. do you know what is an addon :)

1) The product will be ready earlier and more complete

2) Ed will sell 2 products (not one)

I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Once they have the tech up to do an F-16, doing the MiG-29 won't be so har d- and really, I am referring to avionics code, specifically sensors, as most of the navigation type stuff will be done up in BS anyway, I'm pretty sure.

The -other- important part is increas ein fidelity of AD units, and other AI as well. Your number one argument is pretty much shot there.

And anyway, if they do it that was, then the F-16 should be first ... us blue-side flyers need a fast striker with SEAD capability, which the red side already has. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't agree with this, considering that only a very small percentage of players fly multiplayer. This X vs. Y stuff is good for the 200-300 folks flying on public dogfight servers, but the vast majority are singleplayers that have more than enough with a single flyable. At least most didn't complane that JF-18 or Falcon 4.0 had only one plane.

I don't agree with this, considering that only a very small percentage of players fly multiplayer. This X vs. Y stuff is good for the 200-300 folks flying on public dogfight servers, but the vast majority are singleplayers that have more than enough with a single flyable. At least most didn't complane that JF-18 or Falcon 4.0 had only one plane.

It's true.

And SP players have their choices of aircraft, too. What was your point again? That you only want the plane of YOUR choice to be modelled for SP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why not f-16CJ v MIG29S and su25T, Ka50

But i think in the first release, MIG29S and su25T, Ka50 will be a coherent and complete sim

They're going to do an F-16CJ. Live with it ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And SP players have their choices of aircraft, too. What was your point again? That you only want the plane of YOUR choice to be modelled for SP?

No, but rather that the devs spend their resources on building only -one- plane. The quality of sims doesn't get better with more flyables, quite the contrary...

Um, no, that's definitely -not- correct. A sim can have both quality and a good number of flyables. Unless you do the copy-paste thing, in which case you end up with a mess.

All it takes, once the underlying technologies are in place, is a little time to customize the parameters for each aircraft properly. Ie. AFM, NAV and RADAR modes, and potentially one or two things -custom- to each aircraft. This is a good aproach, especially when sticking to essentially one type of plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]