F15 HUD symbology missing

fitness88

Have you moved your default viewpoint back from the HUD ?

I have tried zooming in and out all that does is brings me closer and further but with no change to what I see on the HUD...if that's not what you meant please describe.

Edited by fitness88

solved

I had 'User snap-view saving' enabled in the >options>misc. This seemed to cause my issue. When disabled all works fine...why would that be, I didn't have that problem using Mig29-s. I thought this setting is for enabling snap views?

edit:

I tested the MIG29-s to see if I still had snap view capabilities w/o 'User snap-view saving' enabled and it was not.

Well then, how do you set 'User snap-view saving' for F15 if 'User snap-view saving' can't be enabled w/o messing up the HUD?

Edited by fitness88

I can't see anything other than the Ladder and the velocity vector on the HUD. I see bits and pieces off to the side out of HUD range

DCS 1.2.6 update 2

Is this a known bug?

Thank you.

Had Similiar issues with FC3 stuff, F15-hud was to high and to large.

I am farmiliar with snapview saving and played around until I was happy with the result.

I have attach the controls, etc you need to use to get it right, These excerts of instructions are by no means made by me, all the cudos goes to PeterP and his excellent "Proper Neck MOD".

Lot of info, but have a read through and I hope it helps you out, the trick is to zoom the cockpit camera in/out, up/down and left/right until you have the Hud displayed correctly with all info available and then normal zoom and position the cockpit itself on the screen, and when you are happy with the look, save that look as the default view.

----------

Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck plus 6DOF for Mig-29 , Su-33 and Su-25T for DCS World 1.2.4 BETA

If you try , you should really have a look how to customize your own default cockpit view when using this files.

Here is a "HowTo" >>> http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

I already enabled the snap-views saving in the attached default View.lua - so no need for you to do the edit - just posting the link for completeness.

here is a list of the needed key-commands.

------------------------------------------

(Yes - I know how hard it is for some of you to look it up your own in the options ...)

Disable your Track-IR/Head-tracker while doing it !

"Num5 - RShift" Center Camera View

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

"RCtrl+Num0" Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle

PS: Also don't forget to remap the TrackIR Z axis for the Non-6DOF cockpits - so you don't change the FOV when you move your head forward. >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105515

SNAPVIEW CUSTOMIZATION

----------------------

The default bindings in DCS A-10C Warthog are:

----------------------------------------------

Num0

Momentary-action snap view (while held) of control panel.

LWin+Num1 .. LWin+Num9

Momentary-action snap view (while held) of various areas of cockpit, hud and external views

Num0+Num1 .. Num0+Num9

Same as for LWin+Num1 .. LWin+Num9

RCtrl+Num0

Changes snap views to "toggle" mode. Num1 .. Num9 (with no modifiers) will switch view to the corresponding snap view, and stay there until the user selects a different snap view, or taps Num0.

Customisation Procedure

-------------------------------

The keystroke RAlt+Num0 (default binding) will save the current view position against the last-selected Snap View, or against the "default" view if that was the last selected.

The simplest procedure for customising a Snap View is as follows:

Customising a Snap View

-----------------------------

Set your current view up as you want it saved.

Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Customising the Default View

-----------------------------------

Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.

Adjust your view to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!. If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!

Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default!

Restoring the Factory Defaults

------------------------------------

To discard your customisations and return to the factory default snap views (and "default" view), you need to delete the SnapViews.lua file from the config\view folder (i.e. the same folder where you edited the View.lua file earlier). After deleting SnapViews.lua, make a copy of SnapViewsDefault.lua (also found in the same folder), and rename that copy SnapViews.lua.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I did all the up/down/l/r stuff and rctrl+num0 but when starting next game, it hadn't saved my view - hitting rctrl+num0 just makes it zoom into a fixed view, with no function trackir until I hit it again :(

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Perhaps someone could post their view.lua file [or whichever one it is] on line to see where changes have to be made. Then we could know more what we're doing.

BTW, I noticed there is a map that can be made to pop up off to the side of the screen...is there a link to more info on its capabilities?

I did all the up/down/l/r stuff and rctrl+num0 but when starting next game, it hadn't saved my view - hitting rctrl+num0 just makes it zoom into a fixed view, with no function trackir until I hit it again :(

Better description I hope, Bolded are the actual commands to do and the save view command is Ralt+Num0 not Rctrl+Num0

Customising a Snap View

-----------------------------

Disable TrackIR - you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!

Set your current view up - as you want it saved using camera controls.

Press LWin+Num1 , Available are (Num1 - Num9) - being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising.

Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

Press RAlt+Num0 - To save the new snap view.

Test it - by changing your camera view, then holding down LWin+Num1 - you should see your customised snap view!

Customising the Default View

-----------------------------------

Disable TrackIR - you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!

Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.

Adjust your view - to what you want as the new default with camera controls listed below (do not use any snap view keys in the process!)

"Num5 - RShift" Center Camera View

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

Press RALT+Num0 - To Save your new Default view.

Press Lwin+Num5 - To Select the Default Centre snapview Position

Press RALT+Num0 - To Save your new Default Centre snapview.

Test it

change your view with either Num2, Num8, Num4, Num6.

pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default centre view

pressing Lwin+Num5 - Display Default Centre snapview

pressing NumEnter key to reset camera view to default zoom Level

Finally re-enable Track-IR and test out that it works to your satisfaction.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks MadDog, that makes better sense! Will check that out later

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

The RAlt+Num0 works to save default in current flight, but when starting another flight it's all back to square one and I have to jiggle the camera again :(

The RAlt+Num0 works to save default in current flight, but when starting another flight it's all back to square one and I have to jiggle the camera again :(

As per my post above:

Well then, how do you set 'User snap-view saving' enabled in the >options>misc. for F15 if 'User snap-view saving' can't be enabled w/o messing up the info on the HUD?

Edited by fitness88

The problem could be TrackIR, if you use it or you don't have user snapviews enabled (Goto Options>Misc>User Snapview Saving=tick)

Hard to explain, but the default zoom when TrackIR is active is different than the default zoom without TrackIR active.

So my method from memory,

Options>Misc>User Snapview Saving=tick

Turn TrackIR off as stated in previous posts.

Configure camera positions as wanted and save.

When happy with all your saved camera snapviews, default view, re-enable TrackIR and note the different zoom factor,etc.

Now without changing the zoom factor or camera angles, centre the camera with TrackIR itself and use the pause TrackIR feature so it is frozen to the default view.

Now press Num5 key to change to default and centre view (the zoom and other aspect should look different now). Use the camera controls to change the picture back to the zoom level you want / had with TrackIR enabled ( num/ and num* ). After you are happy with the setting press Ralt+Num0 to save.

Next press LWin+Num5 to select the default snapview for the centre view, view will change momentarly (ignore this change), press Ralt+Num0 to save your new default centre view.

You can also NumEnter key to reset camera view to default zoom Level in your testing.

Finally re-enable Track-IR and test out that it works to your satisfaction.

I find that on starting a new flight, after you are put in the cockpit it will zoom back to a point that is always different than what you have set your default zoom to so you will have to NumEnter to reset to your default zoom setting (haven't found a solution to that yet).

If memory serves me correctly, that should get everything setup correctly, there is a bit of trial and error until you are comfortable with all of the camera controls, and saving system.

Cheers, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

When you say jiggle the camera again, do you mean that the zoom and thererfore the FOV is different than you setup, if so just try pressing NumEnter button to set default zoom, if not I need more info on the problem.

Also remember that you have to do all these modifications for every individual aircraft, just as you would with flight controls.

I have attached my snapview.lua settings, they are for a single screen setup at 1920x1080 resolution (No good for multiscreen setups).

It has to be place in your DCS folder as below, replace Ian with what ever your username is used on your computer (This is Window 7 only)

ie: c:\Users\Ian\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\View\

Check out message #16 in this forum for a bit more help.

SnapViews.lua

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

As per my post above:

Well then, how do you set 'User snap-view saving' enabled in the >options>misc. for F15 if 'User snap-view saving' can't be enabled w/o messing up the info on the HUD?

Read my messages #12, #16, #17 in this forum, this is how it is fixed.

It is just that the default user snapviews and default view haven't been setup correctly or something has corrupted the file / data.

After all it is called User Saved Snapviews, it isn't up to anyone else to set them for you, you set them the way you want them, just happens the defaults are not good.

DCS Tech Support.

When you say jiggle the camera again, do you mean that the zoom and thererfore the FOV is different than you setup, if so just try pressing NumEnter button to set default zoom, if not I need more info on the problem.

Also remember that you have to do all these modifications for every individual aircraft, just as you would with flight controls.

Sorry been away for a while, I meant by jiggle the camera again that everything was back to how it was and I had to move camera position down, forward and zoom out. It's like the save action was only applying for that play session, and original default restored on restart.

I had unchecked the snap view save, because it screwed my Warthog view. Now I see why.

I will keep trying different things, and will check the box and reset for Hog and see what I get.

All this seems a bit awkward and complicated

OK, so it seems that I have now saved a nice new default for the F-15C. But having the save snap view option checked, screws up my A-10C. I have set a default view for the A-10C, but when panning with TIR it looks like a fish-eye lens effect - the seat seems far away and all views other than directly forward look unrealistic