People to fly missions with?

Duckster

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to DCS and I'm managing to handle the aircraft systems fairly well by now. The weapon systems I don't fully understand, but I'm able to use it more or less correct I guess. Now I've come to the point where I'd like to fly missions with other people. What would be the best place to start? Are there groups out there that wouldn't mind taking a noob along? Even if only to fly along, not actively fly the mission, I'd just like to get a taste of the online scene/community etc...

In short: I'm looking guys to play with / learn from

Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to DCS and I'm managing to handle the aircraft systems fairly well by now. The weapon systems I don't fully understand, but I'm able to use it more or less correct I guess. Now I've come to the point where I'd like to fly missions with other people. What would be the best place to start? Are there groups out there that wouldn't mind taking a noob along? Even if only to fly along, not actively fly the mission, I'd just like to get a taste of the online scene/community etc...

In short: I'm looking guys to play with / learn from

Thanks in advance :)

Check out Combined Operations Group.....laid back group, new "members" always welcome, world wide membership....might be just what you are looking for....

http://www.combined-ops-group.com/index.php

I'm in a similar situation. The one group I think that is far more noob friendly are the SimHQ servers Eno and Firehouse. You have to register (for free on simhq.com), but you will learn more in 15 mins of flying with them then you would spending a week on your own. They also change up the missions very few hours so they have a lot of fun missions.

There is also the 177th servers I think they're called.

There are some (what I'd call juvenile) servers where the kids will swear, trash talk, but for the most part you will find some great people to fly with ( I removed the server name I used earlier to avoid the inevitable flame war).

If you do experience any trash talkers, just switch servers, they are way more mature servers who moderate properly than not.

You can also tell which servers are the good ones by simply looking at threads on here. If you see a bunch of "look how many AA kills I got yesterday", "your server missions are soo easy to beat" " etc etc etc.. then you know what type of players will be on there.

But definitely fly multiplayer as much as you can(I try for 1-3 hours a night), and do some SP campaign/missions to practice what you learned.

Edited by Dagger71

If you are from Scandinavia there are active communities in both Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Masterarms.se (Sweden)

132virtualwing.org (Norway)

Drop me a PM if you are interested in the Finnish community.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]