DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Nice photo! Where did you get it?

(Just imo I like the P-47 without the bubble canopy as it makes it look more like the tank it was. Anyone else feel that way?)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Still waiting.

Want want want.....

... and yes, funds are still allocated

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Awesome share Crumpp! My first time ever seeing these dive recovery flaps deployed!

I know they are called dive recovery, I just quoted the site.

"Late in 1943, a few hundred dive flap field modification kits were assembled to give North African, European and Pacific P-38s a chance to withstand compressibility and expand their combat tactics. Unfortunately, these crucial flaps did not always reach their destination. In March 1944, 200 dive flap kits intended for European Theater of Operations (ETO) P-38Js were destroyed in a mistaken identification incident in which an RAF fighter shot down the Douglas C-54 Skymaster (mistaking it for an Fw 200) taking the shipment to England. Back in Burbank, P-38Js coming off the assembly line in spring 1944 were towed out to the tarmac and modified in the open air. The flaps were finally incorporated into the production line in June 1944 on the last 210 P-38Js. Despite testing having proved the dive flaps effective in improving tactical maneuvers, a 14-month delay in production limited their implementation, with only the final 50% of all Lightnings built having the dive flaps installed as an assembly-line sequence"

7p6SEsF.png

wqt40aN.png

1x6Fu1m.png

Ahhhh, I can't wait any longer for the P-47, I'm going crazy!

Nice images. Learned a little. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the P-47 myself. Was sad to see it delayed. :(

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

• 2 weeks later...

Barrett, what's that model? I've been looking at various RC P-47s for a few years, but there's always something wrong with each one. Either the tailwheel doesn't retract, or the main gear isn't to scale, or there are no rivet/panel lines, or something.

Barrett, what's that model? I've been looking at various RC P-47s for a few years, but there's always something wrong with each one. Either the tailwheel doesn't retract, or the main gear isn't to scale, or there are no rivet/panel lines, or something.

This is the Eflite UMX P-47. It's about the smallest P-47 on the market. It's pretty detailed for a small plane. The gear don't retract, but are removable.

I'd also suggest the other Eflite P-47.... I think it's got a wingspan of 42 or 44 inches... Can't remember off the top of my head. It's considered a "park flyer" sized plane. It comes with flaps and retracts... Though the tail wheel doesn't. It's flight characteristics more than make up for that though... It's probably the best flying P-47 on the market... It flys like its on rails. I can point it in a specific direction, take my thumbs off the sticks and it flies straight and true.

I modded mine to have a retractable tail wheel and a bigger engine... But I crashed it and I'm in the process of rebuilding it... Don't show boat when your only a couple feet off the ground!!! Lol!

But I crashed it and I'm in the process of rebuilding it... Don't show boat when your only a couple feet off the ground!!! Lol!

I don't fly RC planes, but I've said this EXACT same phrase mentally more than a few times with my helis. :cry:

It's not the expense of the repair... my X3 is build like a tank, and the collection of smaller HH Blade copters use very cheap components that I've usually got several spares of at any one time. It's the bench time. I love building scale plastic models, and building RC models prior to maiden or for upgrades, but for some reason I just dread repairing them even though it's the same process.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that it is now coming out after the Spitfire IX (which hopefully will be with us this year) so I imagine earlier next year for the P-47...

See update below!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144353

I am really looking forward to this one I think it will be a favourite for those willing to spend the time mastering it! :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Yeah, I'm curious why the Spitfire surpassed the P-47 in development.

I'm going to take a long shot guess here and say it has something to do with availability of aircraft. Seems devs are fond of having the plane in hand for measurements and other such thing.

just a guess........

Dogs of War Squadron

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to take a long shot guess here and say it has something to do with availability of aircraft. Seems devs are fond of having the plane in hand for measurements and other such thing.

just a guess........

Merlin engine.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 2 months later...

Going way back on this thread, agree with the OP. Seems the Jug takes a backseat to most other aircraft in WW2, however the P-47D I have a great fondness for. Too bad no recent news of development on it, but getting the new theater out is just as important and I hope this is continuing.

Also, unlike probably most here, like the P-47, it seems the ol' B-24 always is overshadowed by the tail dragging B-17. If the Europe '44 theater was out and the B-24 was released as a personal aircraft I really think this would be my "go to" aircraft for WW2 along with the Jug. What others would consider boring I would find challenging while watching the missions completed emblems start piling up on the fuselage while maintaining a high percentage of bombing hits on targets.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread but figured while we were on the subject of overlooked aircraft...

I'll take the P-40 as soon as it comes out - already bought. I'll shell out for the Spit, too. But my preferred ride will be the Jug.

And like you, I'll go for an American bomber - any of them.

Dogs of War Squadron