DCS: Spitfire Mk LF IXc Discussion

Yo-Yo

• ED Team

True.

As long as it makes me feel like I am not sat in my man cave it is all good :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was comparing real life flyby sounds to external flyby sounds in DCS. And yes, there are sims that have done a much better job at reproducing the Spitfire's sound - RealAir, A2A, CloD...

The "different speakers" argument is moot, because I heard those sounds on the very same sound system that I used for this one. It's not like the sound system is inadequate for one sim, and works fine in another.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing ED, and I will buy the Spit the first day it's available. I'm just saying that the sound of it (and the P-51 and the 109) is not up to the standards set by the other features of these modules.

+1

The discussion only proves the interest and enthusiasm that exists.

As long as the fact that there is a degree of compromise that will always exist when modelling RL into a computer simulation, the discussions cannot go too far wrong.

There is so much knowledge and all the details that come out in these threads are entertainment and learning all wrapped up in one!

And when it's a dogfight with that 190 on your six, I hope that the whole (experience) will 'out sum' the parts (experiences).

I mean the individual characteristics of the engine sound in one state of operation, (cruise, climb power, idle etc), if modelled as best as can be, will more than meet the requirement of the over all environment and suffice as BIGNEWY says, "makes me feel like I am not sat in my man cave it is all good".

Coming from a Storm of War CLoD server flying experience here just to explain the background of my opinion here if that's OK to note.

S!

Edited by JokerMan

Just seen those pics in the latest newsletter.

The Spitfire looks absolutely stunning!! and the Normandy map is coming along very nicely :thumbup:

Great newsletter this week................

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

.......great pictures.......can't wait.......:thumbup::pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Whoa!!!!

AWESOME! Are those flak bursts on the sunset pic?

Amazing! Can't wait!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Quick question for the devs.

Can we choose not to have the rear view mirror (improve frame rate) and if we can and choose not to have it, do we get any speed increase due to less drag?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Very nice indeed, is the time of 109 dominance coming to an end?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Quick question for the devs.

Can we choose not to have the rear view mirror (improve frame rate) and if we can and choose not to have it, do we get any speed increase due to less drag?

Happy landings,

Talisman

LOL

Chancer!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Look like the current hit effects.

That 190 looks like an Anton....

at first glance the camera angle makes it look that way, but it is in fact a Dora. You can tell by the circular air intake on the right side of the engine.