Firing multiple gun pods at once... (AP-30 / 30mm grenades)

I'd like to fire all four of my AP-30 gunpods. However, if I load four - I can only fire two at once (and two won't fire at all). What am I doing wrong?

Also - Does anyone know if the elevation of the barrel can be adjusted by ground crews? It'd be great to have one that doesn't fire in such a high arc.

I've got them firing in pairs just now.

I took some screenshots, but I don't know where they are stored :)

Basically you need to select use the 800 switch that has a black cover on it, flip that up. Ahh, hang on, I managed to salvage a screenshot of it working:

multiple30mmsettings.jpg

I can confirm that this works. It's probably of limited utility, but it must be admitted that it kind of rules. Based on my informal "testing", the only trick to enabling it is the covered switch Slazi refers to, to the right of the 4-position GUV 800/624/622, etc. switch - the other ones don't appear to matter.

As far as I can tell, the elevation can't be adjusted, but that might be useful. On the other hand, the muzzle velocity is so low and the range so short they might already be set to the optimum angle.

Soviet/Russian aircraft weapons and sensors - "There's a pod for that™."

It's cool and fun and all that but I am trying to picture the actual real-world military situation where this weapon would actually be more useful than rockets or gunpods. I mean, it's certainly effective against infantry and unarmored vehicles, but you have to be very low and close, even by helicopter standards.