Heat Blur and Water

I have the setting for heat blur set on "on" I run pretty much everything else on max except water. I see heat blur vividly on the Su-33 and mildly on the Mig-29(any variant) I dont see any heat blur on any other airplane no matter where the throttle is set. Is something wrong or is this the way it should be? I never see it on the A-10 at all. Kinda depressing, i dont think that is right. Any way to fix it?

Also i imagine there is no way to fix it but when flying high over water you get "squares". A horable pattern of sqaures on the water-seperating waves. Has someone made a mod for this or is ED trying to fix it? (I think it would look so much better if it worked like Pacific Fighter's, i never see those "squares" flying anywhere over water in that game.)

well i didnt know the a-10 couldnt produce a heat blur-but are the only flyable aircraft that can the mig-29s and su-33/27s? Also i have a ati 9800 pro-not very new-but pretty fast-all updated-latest drivers as of yesterday. My dad has a Nvidia 7800 and he still has the same problems. He card is up to date and barley 4 months old. You could be right but i dont think the cards are the problem. (cards are supported by other very able computer components)

Originally posted by WARTHOGMADMAN987:

I have the setting for heat blur set on "on" I run pretty much everything else on max except water

If you really do that with a 9800 Pro your bound to have Really heavy Framerate issues, not so much because of the Water settings but turning Visib range to max makes my 6800 Ultra combined with my AMD 64 3500 Venice Cpu and 1 Gig of RAM go to its knees.:icon_hang

If you really do that with a 9800 Pro your bound to have Really heavy Framerate issues, not so much because of the Water settings but turning Visib range to max makes my 6800 Ultra combined with my AMD 64 3500 Venice Cpu and 1 Gig of RAM go to its knees.:icon_hang

Opps I forgot- that is one of my few settings i have set lower- I beleive it is at 50km. Sorry bout that. Also-I never see heat blur on the f-15. I finally found it on every other fast mover except the f-15. That is odd. I will prolly try a different mission, maybe that has something to it. (I was flying a mission i made, not the quick start.)

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

just did a quick test after reading your post, and

as soon as i put on afterburner, no matter how fast i am going blur turns its self off, not saying that you dont get it with afterburner, but after my test i was real slow and i had blur, as soon as i put burner on blur dissappeared. ???

in the F15 it appears at approx 170knts.

But since it was a frame killer with my old AIW 9800 pro.. I turned it off.

(old system P4 2.8/3.2 w/1gig)

The best settings I got using that system was using modman and load the

p4 profile. Then I went back into lockon and set water to medium, haze to basic and heat blur off, scene's to med.

I then installed, sun, moon mods. and bobo cops 3.1h mod (on my site or lockonfiles.com)

Thanks,

Brett

Huh-wont get to try again till the end of the month-i was banished from the computer games by my mom-thinks i play this game to much:mad:

don't worry about it...

same thing will happen during marriage also....

consider it as a taste of things to come...

Thanks,

Brett

yes in real life those planes have heat blur but in lock on ONLY fast movers have it. That is F-15, Su-27, Su-33, and Mig-29. Heat blur only shows up at low speeds. Even on low speeds with afterburner it will still show up. Just takeoff with afterburners and you will see it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They should all have heat blur, my wifes hair dryer has heat blur. So should the A-10.

In real life the A-10 does have heat blur, but ED doesn't have it in LO because it would be on ALL the time. I use to work on A-10's in Alaska so I have seen them plenty with engines running. Here is a good pic, sorry 56k :(

Opps I forgot- that is one of my few settings i have set lower- I beleive it is at 50km. Sorry bout that. Also-I never see heat blur on the f-15. I finally found it on every other fast mover except the f-15. That is odd. I will prolly try a different mission, maybe that has something to it. (I was flying a mission i made, not the quick start.)

50km is the terrain preload I think.

Check you Visibility setting, dont set to high, set to med. I think High even brings a cray to its knees.

don't worry about it...

same thing will happen during marriage also....

consider it as a taste of things to come...

No what you need to do is find a woman that encourages your hobby r.e. going to airshows with you and buying little gifts like Lock-on, TIR, X-52 etc. :D

They are hard to find but they are out there.

No what you need to do is find a woman that encourages your hobby r.e. going to airshows with you and buying little gifts like Lock-on, TIR, X-52 etc. :D

They are hard to find but they are out there.

Well im trying to work on the girlfreind part. Any help with that?

Anybody?

-Just Joking.

Im pumped this year though-

My family doesnt travel a lot so i dont get to go to many airshows

but this year in lincoln the show is going to HUGE (the military base in Omaha, Offutt AFB is in matinence and had to cancel their show) The blue angels are comin and my uncles p-51 will be there.(named gunfighter-does the tora-tora-tora act) Since i am in the civil air patrol i get to help out-i dont know what they will have me do though- cant wait to see an a-10. Havent seen one since i was 7, now i am 16. I am long overdue!

thx for the help-maybe at the end of january supposing this post is dead i will try everything out and post my results-wish i could figure it out. Its odd. Or maybe i can sneek on the puter when she is gone and test it real quick.(my dad could care less as long as mom wasnt around):icon_supe

PS-wolverine- i got a TIR and x52 My dad is the coolest-got um for me for christmas.