LLTM 2014: what would you like to see?

Joe Kurr

Based on my experience, which I had in the past with other kind of projects, the best way is to contact old LLTM participant´s and ask them to join a new LLTM. (Direct communication).

My personal reason´s not to join:

1. To busy with family affairs and other hobby´s (Simming is not the main hobby at this moment.)
  2. The event was far to expensive for me.
  3. The location was not attractive.
  4. As earlier mentioned: The ticket system on the website was difficult.
  5. On Campgroundvfs.nl the flightgroups were very quick made so I would be "a lone wolf".
  6. Maybe the "crisis" is a reason for a lot of people not to join? Just calculate how much money it will cost if you come over from the UK as an example. (The tunnel will be about 160 Euro.....)
  7. Maybe the German guys don´t like to come over to the Netherlands? As a matter of fact I think Dutch people has still less problems to speak a different language? But such kind of answers you only get if you speak the participants directly.
  8. Maybe the event was to professional? (Just guessing) I see myself just as a n00b in flightsimming.

Please, don´t misunderstand me. I´m trying to find some answers for you. I´m not shooting at guys putting a lot of spare time in a beautiful event.

I think, after all, you have to make the event more KISS.

• Nice location (sleep near your rig?)
  • Low cost
  • Low entry
  • Maybe try to change the event a little bit? Some courses for beginners? Teach how to fly a Flanker? Tactics? :smartass:

Maybe the event was famous for the "old school" guys (from Falcon5.nl) and isn´t known by the rookies.

Good post, Artman_NL.

Several things you mention are already being looked into for next year.

The aim of the event has always been to have aces and beginners fly together and learn from eachother.

Maybe this isn't clear at the moment on the current website.

I remember from a past event where several participants in the Lockon section received a crash course on SEAD using the Su-25T.

For people who think they aren't good enough to join a competion, don't think, just join, learn and have a good time.

If you still don't think you're up to it, just join the freeflight section and still have a good time :)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

I personally believe that the golden years of LLTM with FC-3, when 20 pilots and more took part in it, have been gone. At these former times 90% of the pilots have had a Dutch Display Flanker Team, a JaBoG32 or a vJG71 tag plus some lone wolves. The complete vJG71 and many of the former participating pilots of the JaBoG32 aren´t active anymore or have switch to new squadrons. And those of the remaining pilots are flying now a days A-10C or KA-50 and are waiting for the F-18C and are not interested in FC-3.

So, if there should be a future for the LLTM in my personal view, it can only work for me with aircraft such as the A-10C, KA-50 or in the future a F-18C, which have the same degree of simulation. Perhaps with fixed teams with 4 pilots like the falconers are doing.

Edited by Balu

Could it also be that with the advent of the high speed internet, playing on a LAN is not so interesting anymore?

I don't think so. In your room you are just alone and it is nice to drink a bear with somebody you just shot down :drink:

I have joined very small events and the atmosphere was always terrific and very cozy.

... and it is nice to drink a bear with somebody you just shot down :drink:

Is that with or without the hair ? :pilotfly:

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

I don't think so. In your room you are just alone and it is nice to drink a bear with somebody you just shot down :drink:

I have joined very small events and the atmosphere was always terrific and very cozy.

Yes, that's very nice, but like anything in life there's a cost-benefit ratio to plan upon.

A player making a 600 km trip might find the cost worth it of flying live with the buddies. But how about another player making a 5000 km trip?

You can see all players registered for the event are either from the Netherlands or from Germany. I think that says a lot.

Hence my argument. In the old slow internet days, a player would find making such a big trip much more appealing. Flying on a 56 k line was interesting but not a lot of fun.

Anyways, I just wanted to point that faster internet connections might be one of the reasons most people don't join these events nowadays.

I could not join this year, but I'll see if I can plan the trip next year. :thumbup:

I remember in 2004 There was a Russian team flying in the IL-2 competition. 1 of the guys did the ultimate travel just for 3 days of flying. First 8 hours by train to Moskou. Then by plane to Amsterdam and the by taxi to the event. He had everything with him his own Pc (Complete joystick and the rest that was needed ) and even a backup Server.

I remember in 2004 There was a Russian team flying in the IL-2 competition. 1 of the guys did the ultimate travel just for 3 days of flying. First 8 hours by train to Moskou. Then by plane to Amsterdam and the by taxi to the event. He had everything with him his own Pc (Complete joystick and the rest that was needed ) and even a backup Server.

Unbelievable........:huh: