New Update failure

BSS_Vidar

New update acted weird from the start. First time starting, I received the note that there was a new update, but did not get the prompt to accept the new update. I exited the game and restarted, this time with the prompt to update, and did so. It seemed to be downloading normally so I stepped away while it downloaded. When I came back it didn't download/install properly with a failure notice of some kind.

Now when I start the sim, I get no prompt to install the latest update and am stuck in 1.2.6.17746.

How do I update manually, and/or is there a tool within DCS World to force an update. I don't have it on my desk top.

\/

Force Update = Start Menu>All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Update DCS World

Repair = Start Menu>All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Repair DCS World

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have come to realize that the update "fails" with an error message ("... was cancelled by the user") if the user is not there to click the "Yes, I really want to let the update do the update" message once the download has completed.

You just need to run the Update DCS shortcut (noted above), and be there when the permission dialog comes up.

I had the same error when I tied to auto update. I believe the auto update checks for updates once a day. I think that is why it did not prompt you to update again after if failed and you closed the program.

Regardless, the manual update steps mentioned above worked for me as well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread