[REPORTED] Fw 190 Cockpit Bar! (answer Post #173)

Krupi

The footage from the video doesn't show a bar in the lower part of the

Revi! It shows the transparent dark glas that are designed to block out

the sun in special conditions. It's just misaligned and not in the bottom

stored position. Thus giving the illusion of a bar present. Look at my

original 1943 drawing posted above.

The pilots eye are in fact situated in level with the combing/padding and

don't see the lens projecting the image on to the glass. Also very clear in

the drawings.

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

The footage from the video doesn't show a bar in the lower part of the

Revi! It shows the transparent dark glas that are designed to block out

the sun in special conditions. It's just misaligned and not in the bottom

stored position. Thus giving the illusion of a bar present. Look at my

original 1943 drawing posted above.

Agreed beat me to it :)

This image is of the very same aircraft . The Seal between the coaming and the front wind screen is the "lip" that can be seen in the video. Also in this image the dimmer screen is in the full up position. this lip is the only thing that extends above the flat coaming.

Seanmaybeabar3.jpg

Edited by IvanK

2 things..

1. watching the video shows clearly the moment this grab was taken, and it is indeed at a moment when the pilots head dips, therefore it is arguably just about right for actual pilots line of sight.

2. given that the larger dark obstruction is indeed the tinted glass I missed before you can still draw the imaginary line across the top of the bead IvanK is illustrating and see that it would still clip the base of the sight aperture.

2 things..

1. watching the video shows clearly the moment this grab was taken, and it is indeed at a moment when the pilots head dips, therefore it is arguably just about right for actual pilots line of sight.

2. given that the larger dark obstruction is indeed the tinted glass I missed before you can still draw the imaginary line across the top of the bead IvanK is illustrating and see that it would still clip the base of the sight aperture.

but Bongo a dipped pilot head equals a camera looking down at a angle...without seeing more in game shots of the Dora, we are left with a unknown. There are a few people who have access to sitting in one. I'm sure that yo yo will have good input for the sight...my guess would be that the lower wind screen framing was not an issue in RL, and maybe not visible when using the sight.

Maybe not, but either way in order to ensure unobstructed view through the sight the pilots eye line had to be pretty much in line with the top of the coaming, this basically does not illustrate potential for very good forward visibility while using the sight, the people arguing for the exclusion of the 'bar' may be asking for an unrealistic increase in that forward visibility given that that bar is actually a very real physical part of the structure of the aircraft, when looking at the DCS 190 video it is pretty clear that if the pilots line of sight was placed in line with the coaming then even the in game bar would cause less obstruction, so I don't see where any actual change needs to be made.

I might add I do believe there is a need to change the top of the coaming in the 3d model as it is clear now the coaming is a straight line to the lip IvanK illustrates and not so much of the base of the armoured glass should be visible.

Edited by bongodriver

Don't undersell it Ivan, that's exactly how I see it too, my argument is that the physical top of the obstruction in the game 3d model is probably correctly placed but the modelling of the coaming is inaccurate given that it seems to angle down to the lower portion of the armour glass.

Well all I can see is that there is an even bigger black bar obstructing the bottom of the sight apperture in the real thing, anybody got a low res drawing and a strong opinion to prove it wrong?

I could be wrong, but when trying to spear a fish in clear water from a creek bank, doesn't the spear need to be aimed lower than where the fish appears? Refraction has the fish appearing higher than it really is?

Besides which... aiming with the sight is conducted through the crosshair centre?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Also... (with respect) Ivan doesn't take refraction into account (?), with his straight lines... of which, we all know that the eye does not see in (see in "straight lines" that is), it sees in fields

as soon as you look through a plane of glass... you have similar to looking through water (?) =>

Pencil_in_a_bowl_of_water.png

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

We're only 24 pages in, this is going to continue, trust me.

lol, wait 'til you see the 50 cal discussions :)

-

Also... (with respect) Ivan doesn't take refraction into account (?), with his straight lines... of which, we all know that the eye does not see in (see in "straight lines" that is), it sees in fields

as soon as you look through a plane of glass... you have similar to looking through water (?) =>

Pencil_in_a_bowl_of_water.png

Refraction isnt a player since the lip or sealing bead is inside the the armour glass i.e. on the pilots side of the glass :)

0_d3bfb_b77981ef_L.jpg

Thanx you for the wonderful photo, as we can see the camera photographed the pit view just at the level of gunsighting. This is indicated by the fact that the sighting elements of doubler sight are almost on the same line! And what is interesting is that the bottom reflector of sight is an obstacle for the viewing!

The original drawing clearly shows...

As I can see this drawings do not reflect actual plane construction, because photos a real Ta-152 have a differences with it. I posted original factory Ta152 drw, and it correspond a real plane.

Maybe your drawing is a fake, because the pits' part is very similar to the drawing of Bentley, and its already been found do not correspond to the original assembly factorу drawing of the relevant part of the windshield.

Edited by ЛИневич