DCS cameras, views and video recording

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Related topics: On presentation of DCS RECORD AVI - a Mission Editor tool* *Post #10 is of high importance. Some information there may be outdated.     Please speak

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. I was reading through the camera controls and found quite a few. Not sure how to control the F11 camera, still working that out. I have Track IR and use it all

Probably somewhere above in the thread, but can't find it .   How do I cycle through other aircarft in the mission to get the F2 or F3 view of them?

Hi all! If anyone at DCS World by Eagle Dynamics could help us, DCS movie makers, with this little issue:

Since the release of 2.7, when using the LCtrl+F11 camera tool, I can't set my speed (using the mouse wheel) while being in pause, anymore... Now, I have to catch up with my planes each time I want to look for an angle and record a shot... This is a bit annoying unfortunately, and makes us loose some time and potential...

Any advice is welcome. Do you think it's something that we could get back on future updates?

Huge thanks for all the incredible work you've done so far! I personally can't wait to fly the Mossie!! Cheers from France ++

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 12:06 AM, Ktulu84 said:

Hi all! If anyone at DCS World by Eagle Dynamics could help us, DCS movie makers, with this little issue:

Since the release of 2.7, when using the LCtrl+F11 camera tool, I can't set my speed (using the mouse wheel) while being in pause, anymore... Now, I have to catch up with my planes each time I want to look for an angle and record a shot... This is a bit annoying unfortunately, and makes us loose some time and potential...

Any advice is welcome. Do you think it's something that we could get back on future updates?

Huge thanks for all the incredible work you've done so far! I personally can't wait to fly the Mossie!! Cheers from France ++

I reported this in the bugs forum. No response from ED yet. 

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I  learn how to make movie for my pleasure. When in F2 view for exemple, i want to move my camera with the numpad (4, 6, ...) around the plane, but the speed of the displacement is too high. I tried to modify parameters in view.lua file in saved games, but nothing change. Have you an idea ?

I'm interested in this too. Wags, Jabbers, and all the other big-name content creators are somehow able to slowly and smoothly rotate around their aircraft in F2 view. I cannot find any way to do it with the same speed or smoothness, and of course the creators themselves will not give up their secrets. 

YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension