Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How software compares to fruit, veg and about all other wares keeps surprising me when scrolling through that discussion in the DCSW subforum.

-"I just bought a tomato"

"Was it any good?"

-"Nahhhhh it was still in beta"

"Ohhh..."

-"Lots of bugs on it"

'Frett'

I think we all knew this was coming, Wags even posted the day that the Steam sale started to say that there would be an ED sale coming soon and that it would cover the entire store...

I've bought everything so far at full price except the Mustang, and that's really because it's not my type of plane (don't hate me), and the same can be said of the Mi-8. That said, Belsimtek/ED will be getting $20 from me that they wouldn't have been getting before, and I dare say that the same is true for a lot of the DCS community, therefore, more sales... But I feel your pain having experienced it with the Huey.

The real danger here though is that this pattern is repeating itself, and in the long term ED will see more and more people holding out for the sales to pickup the airframes unless they simply must have on launch day. F-86... yeah, I'll pick it up on sale, F-18...? Take my money now, I'll pay double to reserve the first download!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

are seperate a-10a and su-25 same in whole flaming cliffs package?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Don't tempt us, lol. :D

Hey!! I was just passing by, I ve nothing to do with this :D

EDIT: and if you find what i have in my pocket, well i keep it safe because my friends told me so... does this count :) In any case , we all need to calm down. ;)

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Prize? Oh geeze...

When the grocery store I work for has a sale, and a customer gets 2 boxes of cereal for the price I payed for one a day ago, I don't demand that the grocery store compensate me because I got one and he got 2.

Get real. :megalol:

People who bought A-10C at day 1 got a prize, free Nevada map upon it's release. :) I hope ED did not forget about this....

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

This doesn't belong in community news, also this thread is ridiculous.

yes it does were the ones that just got slapped , as for me it will be the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my specs are i5 3570 IVY at 4.2 / 24gig of ram / 2tb of hd / duel gtx570's / 32' 120 hertz led mon. / ch stick ped & throt (VTA-Sniper standby)

alot of bias crap on here

To be honest, I don't really see the problem with the sale. I had no problem paying 50$ for it at the first day. I never had a problem that I paid 50$ for the Mi-8 until I got the newsletter. And I don't have a problem that I paid 50$ after I read the newsletter.

Just because someone gets it cheaper than me, doesn't really change that I was happy to pay 50$ for it ten secodns before I got the newsletter.

This ^^^ :thumbup:

A sale doesn't devalue the product you paid for.

It may make some more cautious about paying full price in future and that's a choice each person will have to make, but I expect BST has crunched the numbers and decided this business model is working for them, despite what the whiners say.

• Like 1

My advice is for those that feel feel burned is to be a patient shopper the next time around. The same thing happened to me on the release of the Huey. I paid full price then a month or 2 later there was the sale, but no heartburn here at all. I wanted the product right away and I wanted to support ED so it was a win for me. If you cant afford to be patient then shop around for the next best sim. Refer to my signature if you need to know....:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

End last but not least, keep calm because there is always a ''ban'' :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

For "me" personally.. I jumped on the Huey as soon as possible because it was an Item I longed for. Money really was not an issue. The MI-8 I know little of and it just didn't grab me that much. Till a month or two ago I flew the Huey everyday and even had a server for the darn thing up. I burnt out.. And now when I look at the server listing the huey only servers are no more.. Without a sale and an AD in my inbox I would probably have waited longer to get the Mi-8 and kept DCS World on the back burners again with Battle of Stalingrad coming out.(again money didn't matter)

But this sale has brought the DCS World back into focus and for 20 bucks, an Item I may not have purchased for a long long time if ever.. will be purchased.. I never cared when the Huey went on sale after paying full price.. it's life and it's basic sales.. After the Huey purchase..I am sure the quality is also in this item.

Can someone of ED confirm this?

If they dnt, I ll join algaida :gun_smilie:

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

....I haven't even bought it yet and I'm going to get in on the whining....I'll wait till the sale ends then bitch about missing it....yeah, thats my plan

...or maybe I'll forget that ed has a spring, summer, autumn, and Holiday sale and cry in December when I buy something in november.....

I love it...we can flame all year long.....

• Like 1

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.