GTA 5

rextar

What an incredible technical achievement on current hardware. Also, the most fun I've had with my console by far, and I wasn't a big fan of the series. I hate driving games but can't tear myself away from racing around the map. The great thing is you get better with practice. Spent all of one night going head-to-head with a friend on a sky diving challenge. Spent another session just shooting touch-and-gos with one of the Helis. I swear I was feeling transitional lift. The shooting mechanics are also top notch. Rockstar came through.

I live right in the area and the attention to detail is quite impressive. *The groves on the side on the road are spot on, LAX is there with the neon light up poles and the restaurant. *The Santa Monica pier is accurate even with the steps leading up to it and the Venice boardwalk. *Even popular intersections are replicated, Sunset and Doheny blvd, and where Ocean Ave transitions to PCH through the California Incline

Here's an album of RL comparison shots!

http://m.imgur.com/a/1vbwl

Edit: I'm on the PS3 disc version.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think it might be the best water I've seen in a game yet.

Overall, I'm amazed at the sheer number of textures and polygons, no two buildings look the same, and there are thousands of them. Plus, no matter where you go, the rest of the environment is modeled right down to the last touch. There was a huge amount of effort put into the terrain and buildings alone, never mind the physics, mechanics, and story.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you really have to appreciate the amount of work that went into this game.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Yeah, I think it might be the best water I've seen in a game yet.

Overall, I'm amazed at the sheer number of textures and polygons, no two buildings look the same, and there are thousands of them. Plus, no matter where you go, the rest of the environment is modeled right down to the last touch. There was a huge amount of effort put into the terrain and buildings alone, never mind the physics, mechanics, and story.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you really have to appreciate the amount of work that went into this game.

+1 even down to the sounds of crickets in the desert areas!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Turtle Beach must be serving you well. How do like the 18 wheelers passing you on the freeway!?

Yeah awsome!

This is the point of this thread as mentioned early on,alot of work has gone into this program (apart from the guns ) theres a living world here!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

I lol'd last night loaded up and had saved the night before in the safe house, It loaded and he was in a shop I also had been messing around and thought it might have saved something I didn't want it to so I kept trying to find my safe house save.

Until I worked out your guy goes to the shops and stuff while the console is off. :lol:

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I lol'd last night loaded up and had saved the night before in the safe house, It loaded and he was in a shop I also had been messing around and thought it might have saved something I didn't want it to so I kept trying to find my safe house save.

Until I worked out your guy goes to the shops and stuff while the console is off. :lol:

:megalol:love it!!!!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

It might be a game, but I feel that these days, we can do a lot of things just because it's a game... It's not even the fact that it's a PEGI 18 game, for example, Dishonored is 18+, I play it and I love it, because I know that I have the choice to kill or not at least, I can decide to play under fair rules for myself.

In GTA V, you are forced to torture. I used to play Vice city when I was 12 with a friend and well... it was fun to bring a tank in the street (everybody like to blow **** up!:thumbup:), but after 8 hours of gameplay, I found the game completely boring and pointless, I mean there was no goal but kill peoples for nothing. :(

GTA has had an interesting evolution since the days of it being a top down game. The franchise has always been ultraviolent, its just the level of detail has increased with the overall graphics. From its top down days the game has gotten more and more serious with the overall plot and "realism" elements. GTA: San Andraes was probably the first game to really get crazy with implementing realism into the franchise. That game had a ton of customization available to the player and implemented features like driving and flying schools, exercise and food intake impacted your characters strength and weight, and even added in-game girlfriends. With GTA:SA the violence remained the same, but it was still kind of cartoony due to the graphics. GTA4 on the other hand had a much more serious tone and upped the realism of the game world into much more of a realistic parody of America. Yet the game kept the same sort of ultra-violent gameplay.

For the most part, GTA games have not really given you the option to do something stealthy and kill as few as possible like you can with stealth games like Dishonored, Hitman, or whatever. Even when you are given a choice to do something stealthy, chances are some insane action sequence will occur anyways. Its just the nature of the game. Games like Dishonored, Hitman, and Mass Effect give you a reason to play through it again simply to see how different choices or gameplay styles might change the game for you. In GTA, you don't really have that option.

I think GTA 5 more-so than previous iterations has more stuff for you to do in the game outside of killing people/playing all of the missions. Most of it has to do with exploring the game world by scuba diving, following random people around, or just playing golf. Online play also helps with replayability, and from what I've seen of GTA5 online its going to give lots of options to the player.

The torture scene in GTA5 was not enjoyable for me and to be honest I was cringing during parts of it. But its not supposed to be enjoyable, which is the point I think. There were a few other uncomfortable scenes or actions that are forced upon the player, but it is what it is. Suffice to say I'd argue that GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas could be played by a mature teen 15+ but GTA 4 and 5 are certainly made for those over 18. Its still fun though.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

While generaly I agree I need to say, that there are certain moments, when GTA 4-5 are less violent, than earlier versions. For example in top-down era there were chains of sectants on the streets - if you will kill all of them you will get a bonus, there also were "killing spree" - when you need to kill as much peoples as possible with certain weapon. Also there was mission in GTA 3 Deluxe when you need to kill you target with chainsaw or with Molotov cocktail in GTA SA. Also I don't remember if the player is getting scores for killing peoples with a car in GTA 4-5? Because it was so in 1-2. So it seems to me that in GTA 4 (and may be 5 - I didn't played it) there are less or no cases where game tells you to massacre just ordinary peoples on the street.

Suffice to say I'd argue that GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas could be played by a mature teen 15+ but GTA 4 and 5 are certainly made for those over 18. Its still fun though.

Well said! The key word is mature. I remember when GTA 3 came out I visited an Internet cafe and there was a guy, well dressed, looking good, 20-25 YO I think. He was playing GTA 3 and this pice of shit was running in the street finding there a woman and hitting her in the face a few times. Then choosing another victim and so on. So mature is the most important thing.

Edited by STRYKE

vigilante

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

listen for stock tips during a mission, then die, go back and put money on that stock, and start the mission again.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Does it have to be during a mission?

i think so,

Some missions, characters will say something like "Xxxx Stock will be affected by this", most users just get themselves killed, reload from before they start a mission, put money on whatever stock, then re-start the mission.

this loophole may also be patched out soon.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

There's also a "Briefcase" Glitch (But Im sure it's been patched already)

Don't know if this has been posted, but there is a pretty large petition to bring GTAV to the PC. Here is the link incase anybody is interested.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

It's coming to the PC, just not right now.