What do you think? )))

signalman

Is that DCS engine? Does look like it in a way. And certainly looks good.

With six airports on the island we can even figure a case for DCS:W map :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

also the water looks pretty mazing

Aye! Anybody spot that artificial reef the helo flies over towards the end of the vid?

Really pretty.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

and a bird (in the closing few seconds of the OP 'tube) which actually looks like it is flying

:thumbup:

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Awesome!!

But ... I wonder, if it is actually us who is getting that ...:cry:

That one guy luthier talked to in his second video, mentioned that EDGE was already V4 and being used in three(?) comercial projects. Now if you've watched the second video in this thread, there is a reference to a company "AVIA" and the exhibition I/ITSEC 2012. This is what google found for me for these keywords:

Or is this just a FSX troll?

No, just all maps for independent clients utilizing EDGE I assume. Altwolf seems to refer to the Minsk team if one has a look at their website....me speculating, of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...so this must be a licensed product for them then.

http://www.russiaair.net/company.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if we don't get this particular map, we can at least see what the new engine can do.

Computers will be melted.

What we see there is not based on PCs as we know/have them. So what's the point of it comparing apples to bananas?

edit: what I mean is, yes, EDGE seems to be really great, but on not-so-capable hardware some features certainly need to be toned/scaled down. But by how much - we can not even remotely tell.

Even if we don't get this particular map, we can at least see what the new engine can do.
...and that is exciting to know. (at least for me):thumbup:

@HiJack: Well we may pay for new maps, but not for each airport, I guess.:)

To bad we do not have (yet) an announcement for a 3rd Party map, except Nevada and Normandy...:(

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

The Corsica HD video is 8 months old, and is the source of the screenshots in the WW2 Kickstarter page. The screenshots Wags said are from "an unannounced map in development".

I'm all confused now. If that was the state 8 months ago, what do they have now? Was it in development for DCS:W?