F-15C: No kneeboard?

El Hadji

Just did a FC3 flight with a buddy and discovered I have no kneeboard map when pressing 'K'. Exited game to check my key bindings but no joy. My buddy says he has a separate control category for the kneeboard in the setup but we don't seem to have the same ones. We are both using 1.2.6.17746

Any idea whats causing this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Delete C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\F-15C\keyboard\keyboards.lua and start DCS again.

Nate

Flying the Mig-29s [FC3] I noticed there is no key mapping for kneeboard.

Are you saying to delete the Mig29 keyboards.lua file and when the game starts again it will be re-created but this time with kneeboard commands?

I would rather be able to copy the lines into my existing file as I have done some remapping and don't want it overwritten...is that possible?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I deleted C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\F-15C\keyboard\keyboards.lua and started DCS again. The K key brought up the map on the screen but when I went back to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\F-15C\keyboard\keyboards.lua I found that the file was not replaced with anything, there is no file in the folder. Why did that happen I thought it gets replaced?

Actually the map was not interactive at all, I didn't see a menu. Also [L]ALT+F1 shows a map but no cockpit.

So then I tried the link in this post:

READ THIS: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...69&postcount=2

I didn't understand exactly what goes exactly where...can someone please explain this in greater detail:

You find your currently used profiles for each plane\module and each controller in C:\>username<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\...

What keys flip pages or lets you see an index when the kneeboard map is on the screen? BTW I don't see it on my knee I see it on the right side of the screen.

Edited by fitness88