@MonnieRock concerning FX-60

Hi MonnieRock,

just saw in your sig in another thread that you have the FX-60 with the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium. Is that still a wish or already real?:rolleyes: Didn't you have the FX-55 or 57?

Reason for my question is: I'm thinking of going from the 4000+ to the FX-60, too, with the same motherboard. Which BIOS do you have? Just upgraded to 1011-001 (beta), this should work fine, right? Did you have to do a fresh install of Windows or was it just changing the processor and everything else worked fine with the 'old' setup? Just wondering, because FX-55/57 are singlecore and FX-60 is dualcore. Wouldn't really love to install everything from the scratch again, took me two months the last time to get everything installed and adjusted when starting by zero.

Thanks

Tom

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

he has got it. and as far as i am aware, it is running perfect on his rig. but i suppose he will post and tell you how it went when he sees this.

Hi MonnieRock,

just saw in your sig in another thread that you have the FX-60 with the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium. Is that still a wish or already real?:rolleyes: Didn't you have the FX-55 or 57?

Reason for my question is: I'm thinking of going from the 4000+ to the FX-60, too, with the same motherboard. Which BIOS do you have? Just upgraded to 1011-001 (beta), this should work fine, right? Did you have to do a fresh install of Windows or was it just changing the processor and everything else worked fine with the 'old' setup? Just wondering, because FX-55/57 are singlecore and FX-60 is dualcore. Wouldn't really love to install everything from the scratch again, took me two months the last time to get everything installed and adjusted when starting by zero.

Thanks

Tom

The FX-60 OC 2.8-3.0Ghz is simple the fastest Windows processor on earth in single and dual core.

The thing is in single core (for 98% of the software titles together with Flaming Cliff) it still is a very expensive FX-55 or 4000+.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Tom,

I got the processor on 01/12/06. Prior to that a X2 4800+ was installed. At first I did a simple switch of processors and everything worked fine. Dual Core to Dual Core.

Once I saw everything worked well to make sure the processor was good, I formatted and did a re-install. Not that I had to, I just always do. Takes about 30 minutes with everything backed up.

BIOS I have running before and after is the same as you, the 1011-001 (beta).

The sweet spot on air is 3.150Ghz(15x210) with 1.40 volts. Soon to add Phase Change cooling to see what she can do.

As far you having to install Windows again after moving from your 4000+, I am not the person to ask because, I do not know. My nature is to start off fresh each time.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Thanks for all your answers.

Well, Monnie, I thought you had a singlecore and upgraded to a dualcore, hence my question to you. X2 to FX-60 should work, as they are both dualcore. Just wandering if Windows will have problems with an upgrade from singlecore to dualcore - well, I'll see the next days. My FX-60 should be here tomorrow or on Friday. Really hope I can do without reinstalling everything. Last time this really cost me about two months until everything was fine again. Although I usually also like to start from a fresh install, I wouldn't really like to fight all the problems again, e.g. importing my mails and adressbooks from Outlook, which always is a pain in the a**

Thanks

Tom