UN Pilot Campaign - Mission #6 "Patrols"

Trainzak

may you fix mission 13 " Teacher's " ?. problem is same with misssion 6 "patrols" , leader was flying near farps.

thanks

I have not played the Mission yet...but I just checked it in the ME...at first look there is not the typical "landing Waypoint" Bug...I see what I can do...unfortunatley I have not that much time for DCS

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

try mine..worked fine:)

and the Mission is locked?!?! uhmm.. I just opened it in the Mission Editor..i was able to change pretty much anything?!?!

Mine locked too, won't let me save and return to campaign window unless I hit the "no" key when it asks to save to exit the mission.

Win 7 Intel ® CoreZ Quad CPU Q9550@2.83GHz Ram 8GB 64bit NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Mine locked too, won't let me save and return to campaign window unless I hit the "no" key when it asks to save to exit the mission.

Campaign Window..uhmm..just open the Mission Editor..click on "open File" navigate to the Mission File and open it...then you should be able to modify the Mission and do whatever you want..and you can save the Mission..

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

OK, Lizzard, did exactly like you explained, went to mission editor, opened mission file, then clicked on the little icon on left margin that opened the window where you change the 50 to 100, then clicked on save (upper left) won't let me exit back to anywhere, a box pops up that gives 3 options, save to exit, no (unsaved changes will not be saved), or cancel. Will only let me click no or cancel. Have tried "save as", clicked on the disc icon, everywhere there is a place to try and save any changes, I have done all those and it continues to give me the box with the 3 choices when I try to exit the mission editor.

When I try mission 7, we run in and fire rockets, then the leader and the other 2 choppers go into a hover at about 600ft near the friendly in the trees. at that point I try to hover with them and lose power and crash every time. I just want to bypass this mission and move on.

Win 7 Intel ® CoreZ Quad CPU Q9550@2.83GHz Ram 8GB 64bit NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

@Turtle, by default my permissions for the Campaign folder were administrator only so I had to save the mission to my missions folder then manually drop it in the Campaign, you could change the permissions for the folder also.

For mission 7 I'm not sure what the trigger is but when I fire the rockets in the salvo as described (4 rockets in 2 salvos, make sure you have the selector at 2 rockets at a time) and I'm in close formation and fire at same time as leader it works everytime. I have done this mission about 15 times now and its still a mystery to me exactly why they sometimes do the stupid hover thing.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

Observations of the Patrol mission

1/ Not enough time to prep the helicopter prior to take off, because of the conditions and the LOAD the pilot has to illuminate dials etc, and the Governor needs to be put in emergency position because of the LOAD. So the pilot requires time to get ready also because its armed the weapons should be on but SAFE, IMO that includes the sight so maybe adjust the package take off time would help.

2/Following the AI as flight lead is tricky and 100m is challenging in this mission because the AI often alters its flight. Ingress is NOE but Egress is directly back to the air base. The NOE part is the tricky bit. I liked the number of other aircraft for the mission but the problem was keeping formation as AI are quite erratic at times.

Regarding the briefing an idea could be to use voice for the story for the briefing and then use a proper briefing format for the mission so that pilots can see the main points for the mission.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Something has to be done to fix mission 6. It's hard to see all this hard mission building going to waste because of bugs on "land advanced waypoint action"

There is the bug at mission start (AI leader doing circles forever) and if you remove the advanced land waypoint 0 something goes wrong half into the mission: leader don't follow the filght plan and goes back directly to base... to do CIRCLES again! Frustrating after 1 hour of close formation flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

use the mission available on page 2 of this topic, it work (tested and succes last night), same thing with mission 7 but i didn't test it for the moment.

Edited by beynesairforce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

• 4 years later...

Just tried mission six under 1.5.8 hotfix 2. The lead pilot lands his Huey at the LZ as per the mission, then his position lights briefly come on and off, and then his engine stops. Not sure if the engine stopped because of a scripting error or because of damage. Sometimes the AI will turn on their position lights the moment they get damaged and "decide" to RTB. Could be that. In any case, mission six still unplayable.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Just tried mission six under 1.5.8 hotfix 2. The lead pilot lands his Huey at the LZ as per the mission, then his position lights briefly come on and off, and then his engine stops. Not sure if the engine stopped because of a scripting error or because of damage. Sometimes the AI will turn on their position lights the moment they get damaged and "decide" to RTB. Could be that. In any case, mission six still unplayable.
Assume it's the same as this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197347

and this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198247

1.5.8 bug.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Now reported here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...64#post3330564

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 4 months later...

Same here.

The up/down & probably the fast/slow is most likely due to the altitude being set to height above ground.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I edited the mission in ME.

AI is flying at 250ft instead of 160ft AGL now.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the corrected mission here, but if you're familiar with ME you shouldn't have much problems changing it by yourself.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• 2 years later...

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm supposed to follow the 2 Hueys waiting at the Farp, right? They are hovering there for a while, then start moving, and the mission instantly fails because I'm too far away, even thought the rotorblades are almost touching

• 2 years later...

Still broken!

I’ve tried forming up with Springfield 1 in every possible position - nothing works - S1 will just sit there until we all run out of fuel!

What the heck do you have to do to get this mission off the ground?!?

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have just checked and we do have a fix coming in the next patch for mission 6 which should be in February 

thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...