Operation Piercing Fury - MP Campaign

Just want to post official Kudos from the squadron, Ranger! I can truly appreciate the time and effort it took to script each one of the "side" missions in HB, any one of which could stand up as a single mission of its own. An impressive feat, and one that was a blast to be part of and participate in!

~SkyKnight

CO Black Knights

Thanks SkyKnight!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to post official Kudos from the squadron, Ranger! I can truly appreciate the time and effort it took to script each one of the "side" missions in HB, any one of which could stand up as a single mission of its own. An impressive feat, and one that was a blast to be part of and participate in!

~SkyKnight

CO Black Knights

Agreed! Best mission you made yet! Though my Huey could use a few rolls of duct-tape! :lol:

~ LA

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Agreed! Best mission you made yet! Though my Huey could use a few rolls of duct-tape! :lol:

~ LA

Thanks LA, you made it through the entire mission with one bird, tough feat! Great job.

Happy Bus Part 1 and Part 2 Mission Versions available on front page. Separate Mission Briefs also available. Original Mission split into two parts, small changes. Please post any issues with these versions, they were not fully tested upon release.

Just wanted to say thanks Ranger, me and my group played mission one tonight, haven't had so many people on DCS in a long time. It was great fun, enjoyed the story work.

P.S. Appreciate the second mission being put into 2hr segments, big help with game crashes being sadly still prevalent!

Just wanted to say thanks Ranger, me and my group played mission one tonight, haven't had so many people on DCS in a long time. It was great fun, enjoyed the story work.

P.S. Appreciate the second mission being put into 2hr segments, big help with game crashes being sadly still prevalent!

No problem at all, glad you enjoyed it.

A mate and I played Welcome to Suse - A10 only a week or 3 ago. It was absolutely awesome and I think it was the best mission I had ever played on DCS.

So yeah! Really looking forward to this one! My squadron has it planned this sunday. Only thing is... I just read the briefing in detail... We have mainly A-10 pilots. As it's looking right now, we'll have around 6 A-10 pilots and just 1 UH-1 pilot. Ofcourse we can add slots, but is Happy Bus playable in this configuration? Or will there be missing triggers etc?

Thanks and keep up the awesome job!!!

P.S. Out of curiosity, how long did it take to build each mission?

Thanks, if you add slots you have to add group messages and sounds for each new A10. You will need one uh1h for serpent and 14bravo.

I worked on this mission since September - October time frame, the final trigger took the longest to make and test.

Are you sure you don't need a Ka-50 to activate certain triggers? Been waiting in my single Huey on the ground for about an hour and a half now, while Hawg took out most, if not all targets over there. How to continue?

Are you playing the full version or Part 1 and 2? Read the corresponding brief for each. Part 1 and 2 require each mission to be complete.

Part 1.

I'm sorry man, disregard. Was hard to find all the targets in the first village, mission's ongoing again :-D

No sweat man, have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks for this Ranger, "Welcome to Suse" is hands down the best mission I've flown; very detailed, immersive and just pure ol' CAS.

However, I have some problems with the mission now, not sure why. I've had the mission run 100% perfect, but now everything just stops after the incident on the Kutaisi runway. I suspect a trigger problem somewhere, but we haven't changed anything, so I don't understand where the problem comes from.

What happens now is that we get the message to follow the follow-me vehicle, it stops on the taxiway, but there's no further comms or anything. This is where the Tower is supposed to close the runway and order all flights to return to position.

This doesn't happen, and I'm stumped as to why. We are using the correct slots (2-4 A-10s, 2-4 KA's and one Huey), just as before. We've tried various distances from the follow-me vehicle, Hellraiser dustoff, and even version 1.2.7 now (but had the error in 1.2.6 as well, even though it worked fine on that version before.)

Any help would be hot. I really want to take some new guys out on this mission!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the kind words, I will take a look at it tonight, I am guess it has something to do with the ambulance not setting off a trigger, I'll get er fixed ASAP. Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words, I will take a look at it tonight, I am guess it has something to do with the ambulance not setting off a trigger, I'll get er fixed ASAP. Thanks again.

Thanks for building this mission!

My squad had 2 times the 1st part of Happy bus mission . We had a problem in both times . :helpsmilie:

Spoiler alert :D

-We eliminated all the forces in 1st area and landed the troops (Chalk1 & 2) after getting the trigger message .

They reported 3x times that they were planting the bombs to the bridge and then we had the message that Chalk2 would recon.

Then they stopped and we didn't get the message that we can see in the videos (exploding the bridge in 20 seconds) and the mission would not proceed.

At the other hand the guys that followed the bus in the Happy bus task eliminated the Mortars and the convoy stopped after a while with no message for them.

We had the Happy bus part 1 miz resaved in 1.2.7

Are we missing something?

Are these 2 tasks connecting with each other and maybe Chalk 1&2 are waiting some other task to complete to end their task?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Lets test, Ranger

Will do, once my squadron upgrades I will test. However, l have to admit it's frustrating as hell when we get a patch and something breaks or changes and missions are unplayable. Really disheartening and the reason many mission designers have stopped making elaborate missions for DCS.

Ranger,

I'm also fed up to make missions for my squad and see that i have to start again from scratch every new patch.

But your missions are awesome and deserve a special treatment. please do not give up!

Keep on the good work, and thanks for all!

Every time an update is released there are a few more missions I have on file that get dumped because they no longer function as designed. Although I realize it's an unavoidable consequence of progress it sure has been frustrating. Keep the faith Ranger. You probably have a lot more fans than you realize.

Ranger,

I'm also fed up to make missions for my squad and see that i have to start again from scratch every new patch.

But your missions are awesome and deserve a special treatment. please do not give up!

Keep on the good work, and thanks for all!

Thanks Sleipner, not giving up, just alittle frustrated. Thanks again.