Both installs of DCS-World

Double_D

Hello;

Just noticed after talking with several good friends from here..that I don't have in my " Config " folder a file called " graphics.cfg " I have graphics.lua but no cfg file...but yet all runs fine...

both installs are as follow;

One DCS world on PC the other on laptop....both don't have a graphic.cfg file...:doh:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

• ED Team

See 'DCS World\Config\graphics_readme.txt':

Old graphics.cfg is gone and replaced with graphics.lua.

However, please, do not edit this file directly.

Otherwise you'll lose your changes after each update.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

See 'DCS World\Config\graphics_readme.txt':

thanks...

just did what readme.txt said and I don't have a autoexec.cfg file there also...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

• ED Team

You have to create (and edit) this file manually in user folder.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Now you've lost me..on the creating the file ..:huh:

Open a text editor, like Notepad++, and create the file by entering the text that you need.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Open a text editor, like Notepad++, and create the file by entering the text that you need.

okay i want to remove the graphics.. for running my laptop..just want to use it for recording Trk files...

edited..

can someone give some insight..

wish to create a autoexec.cfg file

with the 3drender= false;

so my graphic's won't load on my laptop but will still enable me to just record the track of the flight..

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

tried that and it didn't work..must be missing something do I just copy the whole graphic.lua file and then create a new file as autoexec.cfg and save it with the changes...??:music_whistling:

[/Table]

This is from the graphics_readme.txt in DCS World\Config

Example autoexec.cfg:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

options.graphics.render3D = false

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 75

-- add custom texture path

-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "c:/Users/<LOGIN>/Saved Games/DCS/MyTextures")

The only thing that needs to be in your autoexec.cfg is the line in red. Nothing else at needs to be in there unless there some other change you wish to make.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only thing that needs to be in your autoexec.cfg is the line in red. Nothing else at needs to be in there unless there some other change you wish to make.

Thank you sir:thumbup:

[/Table]

Thank you sir..that worked once I placed the autoexec.cfg file in the saved games/dcs/config section...

I get a blank screen can not see anything..but still records the track..just what I wanted...cheers..:thumbup:

[/Table]