If the Mighty-8 is released today...

what will be the things people will complain about? My guesses:

1. THIS THING IS UNFLYABLE!!!1!!! NO-ONE CAN FLY THIS!!!!11!!! OBIOUSLY BROKEN!

2. There is no lasers! I am sure I read somewhere that it was going to have lasers!!!!

3. The background on the gauge under the left seat is snow-white but should really be seashell-white. High priority! Please fix yesterday!

4. The price is too high! I demand it to be free!!!!1!!!

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope 4 will not be a case so I can buy it before a sale! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Looking forward to racin the Mi-8

I've flown the crap out of the Huey and have enjoyed every second of it and look forward to having another helicopter to fly and to race on the Virtual Aerobatics server!

Can't wait to fly the crap out of this Mi-8.

Thanks for the great Huey and I expect the Mi-8 to be awesome!

Also on the Russian side of the forums, pilotmi8 said yesterday that it should take one or two days if nothing goes wrong

It's software, everything goes wrong, and in the event that it does not it only means that we have a bug that erases users hard drives that somehow slipped past the testers.

Edited by Irregular programming
  • Like 2

Lets just wait... the site is down for some reason... isn't it? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm afraid that most frequent complaint will be "Why don't you release it today? You promised it!" :huh:

Yep. I remember the release of the Huey, someone said it may be realeased in the Week End : 590 men connected all week end long on the forum and the Huey was released one week later ! :megalol:

Yep. I remember the release of the Huey, someone said it may be realeased in the Week End : 590 men connected all week end long on the forum and the Huey was released one week later ! :megalol:

IIRC, in the very beginning, they said they want to release it by the end of last year. Well, it took a little bit longer in the end. ;)

It's software, everything goes wrong, and in the event that it does not we it only means that we have a bug that erases users hard drives that somehow slipped past the testers.

Coming from a guy who calls himself 'Irregular Programming', I tend to be careful and consider it the truth :lol:

Rep inbound I.P.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

BST should at lest finish the huey first or at least close to the Mi-8 pre order is out.

Just my humble opinion.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

BST should at lest finish the huey first or at least close to the Mi-8 pre order is out.

Just my humble opinion.

This is something I read every day on this forum and it bothers me.

Why?

Becouse we can't possibly know how BST's work flow and organization works. Only BST knows, and that's why they are more qualified to make decisions like that compared to forum members and consumers.

IE: We don't know shit, but BST does, so let's not meddle in things we don't understand. Let BST make decisions on how to run their bussiness.

Same goes for other companies, like ED, for example.

Based on the cold start video I have seen from BST, those guys got my money as soon as this module comes out.

I heard that Mi-8 IRL is an order of magnitude harder to fly than the Huey. So this is certainly gonna be a lot of fun. I am still having hard times with Huey but I guess I am not practising enough.

'Unflyable' was the first thing I thought when I started to fly BS1. Now, after 400+FH, it almost appears to me too stable to be realistic eventhough I don't think the flight model changed much since 2009. I have seen now DCS Huey pilots fly this bird pretty much anywhere they want so this confirms that practise is everything. I am pretty sure it will be likewise with Mi-8.

Based on the cold start video I have seen from BST, those guys got my money as soon as this module comes out.

I heard that Mi-8 IRL is an order of magnitude harder to fly than the Huey. So this is certainly gonna be a lot of fun. I am still having hard times with Huey but I guess I am not practising enough.

'Unflyable' was the first thing I thought when I started to fly BS1. Now, after 400+FH, it almost appears to me too stable to be realistic eventhough I don't think the flight model changed much since 2009. I have seen now DCS Huey pilots fly this bird pretty much anywhere they want so this confirms that practise is everything. I am pretty sure it will be likewise with Mi-8.

I don't know, but I remember someone from Belsimtek (PilotMi8 probably?) saying that Mi-8 is actually more stable than Huey as long as SAS is on (or whatever is that device called), but less stable with SAS off.

However, it's bigger, heavier chopper, so it definitely won't be easy. Especially in tight spaces for example. And I won't even mention that gazillion switches, it looks like in a freakin' space shuttle! :eek:

Other than that, I agree on pretty much everything you said.

I don't know, but I remember someone from Belsimtek (PilotMi8 probably?) saying that Mi-8 is actually more stable than Huey as long as SAS is on (or whatever is that device called), but less stable with SAS off.

Yes, it's called Автопилот - we should get used to the russian :D

It has four channels, pretty same as BS have.

...and yes, with stabilisation on it is logicaly more stable than Huey

And I won't even mention that gazillion switches, it looks like in a freakin' space shuttle! :eek:

Don't worry, most of them are cicruit breakers, you turn them on during the startup and leave them there for the rest of the flight.

I saw RL Mi-17 flight manual today and everything looks pretty easy, logical and straightforward. Many cockpit procedures are quite similar to BS :book:

I saw RL Mi-17 flight manual today and everything looks pretty easy, logical and straightforward. Many cockpit procedures are quite similar to BS :book:

I was looking for that. Can you share? :)

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]