Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

Nice model.

But what I'm really waiting for is some word on EDGE. I love DCS but I can't describe how sick I am of the current map and its blocky mountain ranges.

:(

Please see this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108306

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here's a welcome surprise.. I'm so glad Su-33 isn't left with that old model.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

These are really good news. I hope ED for Su-33 (and Su-27) will enrich range weapons, that will allow the set up of active, and anti-ship missiles, and solve problems with EOS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

No, they will not. Neither the Su-27S/P nor the Su-33 carry active missiles or anti-ship missiles.

You're thinking of upgraded versions which are not modeled in-game. Both the Su-27SM1/3 and Su-33K would require new cockpit models and functionality.

These are really good news. I hope ED for Su-33 (and Su-27) will enrich range weapons, that will allow the set up of active, and anti-ship missiles, and solve problems with EOS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ED is listening.. And listening to the perfection.:thumbup:

Great job!

The next person to say ED don't listen needs a punch in the mouth. :) haha

A fresh Su-33 will make carrier operations moar funz yay.

agreed with all of you guys :thumbup: even in the end we will really love ED :lol:

you just posted a very good news Matt :thumbsup: but please would you mind announcing the new MiG-29 model(s) as well ;)

okay, okay :D you need gunpowder for next week likewise :laugh:

anyway that is a very nice 3D model, and i can recognize GK's fingerprints on it :hehe: good job Evgeny :thumbup:

secretly i hope from him Su-30, Su-34 and MiG-29 models too :bounce: - with 3D-6DOF cockpits in my dreams :)

5 July 2013 - DCS News Update

Work on testing and debugging of DCS ver. 1.2.5 continues. Depending on how debugging goes, we hope to release 1.2.5 sometime in July 2013.

Our efforts to update some of the older models continues. Given the number of units in DCS, and that there are many legacy models (some dating all the way back to the original Lock On), this is a long and ongoing process. One new model that we have heard many of you asking about is the Su-33. I've attached some very early work-in-progress renders of the new Su-33 model. We have no release ETA for this yet.

Matt

attachment.php?attachmentid=84517&d=1373042063

Hope ED can implement a 6DOF cockpit for the Su33, with the new 3D model

sure, 3D external model, 3D 6DOF internal model (cockpit), AFM, full DCS module

patience - they need time only :D

sign-pic4.jpg

And proper carrier ops eventually.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Wags,

Don't know what kind of compensation you folks at ED are getting, but it ain't enough. Thanks to all for their effort to keep this genre' alive and pumping. At 70, I can use all the "escapism and alter ego" I can handle and you folks are feeding me everything that I need ;-).

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

In the near term I'm really looking forward to the improvements in the ATC system 1.2.5 will bring and beyond.

Longer term Edge and new maps are my number one wish.

Just on weekly updates and the whole way ED is now approaching communication with their customers - it is just outstanding IMO!! I would say we have seen quite a big change over the last six month in the way they approach this.

- Discussing the roadmap for the way they are taking DCS,

- More frequent newsletters,

- Weekly updates,

- Constant engagement on the forums,

- Social media (although I don't personally go there),

- Keeping people informed when things occasionally go wrong and fixing it quickly (e.g. the recent patch)

- Change logs and planned release windows for future updates.

- Even the ticket system for reporting faults is back up and working o nthr main ED website!!

There are probably other things I have missed giving credit for in relation to this. However, I'm sure we all appreciate this effort and the improvement it brings to the community. I just wanted to say thank you for this ED - we do notice.

Great news, love the Russian birds and the Su-33 is just a sexy minx (or should that be a Minsk? Hehe) . I voted in the poll thread for an update, very happy it is being done. thumbup.gif

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Good news, however I'm still waiting on my mig ;)

Yes!

I dont know why the Mig29S is not getting any official attension since i see more and more players flying this underestimated jet.

I want to see my mig getting an upgrade as well. The A and G models are close to useless anless the sceranrio pitches them aginst each other.

So please ED get the MIG29s up to standard.

Thanks!

Yes!

I dont know why the Mig29S is not getting any official attension since i see more and more players flying this underestimated jet.

I want to see my mig getting an upgrade as well. The A and G models are close to useless anless the sceranrio pitches them aginst each other.

So please ED get the MIG29s up to standard.

Thanks!

I ask the same question everyday, and like us, lot of people

I don't disagree with any of this Sharpe, but the beauty of it is that it is not a case of "one or the other" as far as I can see. Updating things like the archaic Su-33 and others exterior model AFAIK does not interfere with the progress of the very important things you mention (not suggesting you're saying that at all).

I too place function before form, and I'm not quite an "Elder Statesman" quite yet lol....so maybe its not as 'generational' as you might think. :) I also see these updates (especially in the case of the Su-27) as a prelude and evolutionary stepping stone to better things....IE the higher fidelity you mention, which will come in time. Like many others I'd imagine, I take the view that what we have atm is indeed 'better than nothing', and despite the obvious FC3 limitations, there is still muchos fun to be had IMHO. Patience is a virtue. :)

I am sure you are right and they are working on all that too - it would be nice. Tangible progress updates on the subject might go a long way to helping buoy the spirits of those that share a similar view to mine.

'Patience is a virtue' and 'good things come to those who wait' might as well be ED's motto. I hope they live by this sword rather than dying by it :-S

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95

I'm surprised Wags said July release is hopeful.

I was really expecting 1.2.5 in August..:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm surprised Wags said July release is hopeful.

I was really expecting 1.2.5 in August..:thumbup:

They write July, I read September :) It's an easy way to avoid disappointment. 1.2.3, never forget :P

Quite a short update this week, but I admire that. With weekly updates, there are bound to be times when there really isn't a lot to say. They've mentioned the IG and improvements to ATC quite recently. I think saying something short, but new is better than simply repeating information about something which doesn't yet have any further update to give. Besides, repetition could give the illusion that information about a given topic is coming thick and fast and therefore encourage people to falsely think that something is a lot nearer to release than it is.

Tangible progress updates on the subject might go a long way to helping buoy the spirits of those that share a similar view to mine.

Well in case of the Hornet, what do you expect them to come up with every week while the module is in development? Every week the same line of "development on the Hornet is ongoing" or "Hey, our artists are hard at work and there's nothing to show off for now, but our software devs make good progress, the stuff they wrote isn't finished yet, but marvel at those 500 lines of code they wrote, beautiful, innit?", people would start to complain that they don't want to hear the same line every week...

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!