Lost Controller Profiles after update

MOR-TON

Will someone please tell me how to save my controller profiles so that they are still usable after a DCS update. It is a little frustrating to spend several days configuring the profiles and tuning the axes only to have them disappear after the update.

Thanks

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Your profiles should not get messed up by updates as they are not stored in the game folder. They are in your ~\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder.

Be that as it may, you can save them to a known location and file name from within the Options>Controls screen. There is a button labeled 'Save Profile As' in the upper right.

You must save a separate profile for each controller, and again for each aircraft.

This is all explained in the DCS User Manual in the <install path>\DCS World\Doc folder.

EDIT: Actually, the manual glosses over one important fact. To select the controller that you wish to save (or load), you click (select) any cell in the column for that controller. Make sure you are looking at the aircraft and mode (SIM or GAME) that your are trying to save.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Glad I could help.

Yep, I am a sucker for Beagles too!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: