Wing pressure effect

Dgamax

Like this?

New Work in Progress video of wingtip vortices and engine smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsILO...ature=youtu.be

Truly amazing work they are doing. I'm not sure if it's a placebo, but even the mig flight characteristic in the video, seems more fluid as with the real thing :D Looking good

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Like this?

New Work in Progress video of wingtip vortices and engine smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsILO...ature=youtu.be

Truly amazing work they are doing. I'm not sure if it's a placebo, but even the mig flight characteristic in the video, seems more fluid as with the real thing :D Looking good

Yea that a good start it look pretty good, but I would love to get the effect on the whole plane like on the video I posted

Another exemple :

http://youtu.be/IqVPwcvgOWQ?t=2m10s

Look gorgeous

Edited by Dgamax

Ya, vapor effect based on aircraft g's... would be nice to have and also would help the sim pilot know how hard he is pulling since we cannot feel the turns.

Also g buffet with sound... meaning when you pull g's quickly the aircraft will buffet and shake during high G maneuvers. Also you hear the rush of air as it compresses against the aircraft. The above would greatly improve the flying experience !

Ya, vapor effect based on aircraft g's...

It's not g based, it's pressure. This is an important distinction.

I think it would also allow AFM to do a good job replicating them since AFM is computing lift on individual surfaces separately.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'm talking about simply what we should see in the sim, not real life aerodynamics...Don't want to get into a debate about how airliners create lift... I play that game in my real career.

Edited by Flim

Do you know if Eagle Dynamics read this forum ? Any chance to get an answer from them ?

Guess what... It's THEIR forum, here. So I think they take a glance for time to another ;)

But they can't answer all the questions for sure.

The effects shown in the youtube video is a WIP, so patience is the word.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I'm talking about simply what we should see in the sim, not real life aerodynamics...Don't want to get into a debate about how airliners create lift... I play that game in my real career.

I wasn't trying to start an argument but:

"simply what we should see in the sim"

is what I was getting at.

The effect isn't caused by g, so we shouldn't see it just because we pulled X g. We should only see it when the conditions are right to produce it.

If it worked by g, it would be an unrealistic (and unrealistically accurate) guide for the pilot.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 1 year later...