First orders are placed!!

nobrot

Yaay, so I have a full HOTAS rig on its way, a Groovy Game gear order with interface boards and LED's, a pair of dimmers from Amazon... next up is Switches and finalizing my initial order for some of Glider_UK's panels...

Guess I should go out locally and buy myself some breadboard and a soldering iron!!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253

Don't forget Band-aids and burn ointment. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's actually a great start. Just know if you really get the bug, it will never end! :D Even if you think you've completed your pit, it will never be done...

Suddenly when you say "Whew! Honey, I think it's finally done!" And she says "Fantastic! It's about time!!" You'll be looking over it and see something that could use a little extra attention here. "Maybe I could start with a cheap VSI I found on eBay and make it look even more real..."

Next thing you know, you'll be one of those people you used to read about. You probably know what I'm talking about. Shaking your head as they explain to the reporter (standing there in the photo next to the reporter and the sim in full flight gear, holding a HGU/55p helmet) explaining that they just started small, and the next thing they knew, they had about $10,000 USD wrapped up in the thing. Laughing to yourself saying, "Boy this guy is crazy! Who would spend that kind of money on a home simulator!" :music_whistling:

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbup:

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

GG interface boards, I hope you didn't order a Ledwiz , I don't think there is a simple way to interface that .

As far as soldering iron , I used one since I was a teen and its a viable tool of course . But several years back I got a old Weller soldering station. Oh my, what a change it was, so much nicer to work with . yes it is more expencive , but consider getting one. Even the basis analog regulated one is awesome device.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

:thumbup::thumbup: on the soldering station. I have an analog Weller, WES051, and it is well worth the extra expense over a standard soldering iron.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's actually a great start. Just know if you really get the bug, it will never end! :D Even if you think you've completed your pit, it will never be done...

Suddenly when you say "Whew! Honey, I think it's finally done!" And she says "Fantastic! It's about time!!" You'll be looking over it and see something that could use a little extra attention here. "Maybe I could start with a cheap VSI I found on eBay and make it look even more real..."

Next thing you know, you'll be one of those people you used to read about. You probably know what I'm talking about. Shaking your head as they explain to the reporter (standing there in the photo next to the reporter and the sim in full flight gear, holding a HGU/55p helmet) explaining that they just started small, and the next thing they knew, they had about $10,000 USD wrapped up in the thing. Laughing to yourself saying, "Boy this guy is crazy! Who would spend that kind of money on a home simulator!" :music_whistling:

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbup:

I have in the past few days already gone over $1000!!! but they are must haves... so now I need to start to get a little more careful how I spend.. $10k?? dam that sounds like a LOT of cash... probably why most people spread the sim build over years rather than months... no reporters please... the wife is already telling her friends what I am up to, and I can see them look at her with pity in their eyes.... oh well, none of that will matter when rolling inverted for a CCIP drop on the bad guys, with a whisky in one hand and my hair on fire!!!!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253