Keybinds for Hotas warthog

techen

Set it up how you want it really. My main suggestions would be left throttle = rpm lever, right throttle = manifold pressure. I use the eng oper springed switches for primer and engine start, the rocker hat switch for mags and the laste to mixture. My gear is set to the l/g wrn silence button. I use the joystick hat for pitch and aileron trim, and the countermeasures switch left/right for rudder trim. Trigger for guns and pickle button for rockets/bombs. I set the flaps down/up to the 3-way flap switch, but you have to click it down or up and return it to middle and repeat as necessary for each notch.

P-51D TM Warthog.zip

Here's mine, including a brand-new 3-way flap switch!

Joystick

• Trigger stage 2 = Gun fire
  • Pickle = Weapon release
  • MMCB (index finger button) = Silence horn
  • NWS button (pinky) = Recognition lights key
  • Paddle = Bailout
  • Trim hat = Elevator/aileron trim
  • TMS Up = Gun safety switch (rotary)
  • TMS Down = Rockets release control switch (rotary)
  • TMS Left & Right = Bomb arming switches (rotary)
  • DMS = Bomb-rocket selector switch
  • CMS = Fuel selector (5-way)

Throttle

1. Left throttle = Engine RPM
  2. Right throttle = Throttle
  3. Mic switch = PTT (in TS3), but is mostly blank. Use at your leisure =)
  4. Speed brake forward = Rear warning radar power (forward for on, back for off)
  5. Speed brake back = Gunsight gyromotor power
  6. Boat switch = Gunsight mode (3-way)
  7. China hat = Gunsight target span increase/decrease
  8. Pinky switch forward = NVGs
  9. Pinky switch back = Landing light (on and off)
  10. Slew control is unmapped
  11. Coolie hat up/down = Gunsight range to target
  12. Coolie hat left/right = Rudder trim
  13. Left throttle button = Ignition switch (rotary)
  14. ENG L = Fuel booster
  15. ENG R = Fuel shut-off valve
  16. ENG OPER L = Cold air RAM/UNRAMMED
  17. ENG OPER R = Warm air HOT/NORMAL
  18. APU = Gear up/down
  19. L/G WRN = Primer
  20. Autopilot engage/disengage = Starter
  21. Flaps UP/MVR/DN = 0º / 20º / 50º
  22. EAC = Generator
  23. RDR ALTM = Battery
  24. AUTOPILOT 3-way switch = Mixture IDLE/RUN/EMERGENCY FULL RICH

It's a start. You can customize it to meet your needs from there =)

Edit: Fixed all the other 2- and 3-way switches on the throttle =)

Edited by seikdel

Where can I find informations about how to write my own configuration lua for my Warthog? Is there a tutorial how to do this?

How do I find all these values for pressed, cockpit_device_id etc.?

:helpsmilie:

I searched in the forum and in google, but didn't find informations for a newbie like me.

~S~ Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I started here.

Open up the clickabledata.lua file in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\P-51D\Cockpit\Scripts. Search around for your command. For example, the fuel booster switch commands start at line 449:

elements["pnt_61_1"] = default_1_position_tumb(_("Fuel Booster On"),devices.ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL, device_commands.Button_12,61,1,{1,1})

elements["pnt_61_0"] = default_1_position_tumb(_("Fuel Booster Off"),devices.ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL, device_commands.Button_12,61,0,{0,0})

elements["pnt_61"] = default_2_position_tumb(_("Fuel Booster On/Off"),devices.ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL, device_commands.Button_5,61)

As you can see, the fuel booster switch is on the ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL device. Open up devices.lua (same directory) and find ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL.

devices["ENGINE_CONTROL_PANEL"] = counter()--15

We can see in the comment that it's device 15.

Referring back to clickabledata.lua, we can see that the fuel booster on and off both use button_12 (the toggle uses button_5, but we want our throttle's switch to actually correlate, i.e. up = up and down = down instead of just toggling the switch). We'll add 3000 to these numbers when we actually add the command to the HOTAS's .lua file.

NOTE: I have noticed some variability in these numbers. Normally, button_12 should correlate to 3012 in the HOTAS's .lua file, but sometimes it's 3011 or 3013 instead. I don't know why. It's entirely possible I just had the wrong number at some point. But if your 3000 number doesn't work, try adding or decreasing by 1.

We can also see that the ON position has a value of 1 and the OFF position has a value of 0 (the toggle doesn't have distinct values for ON and OFF because it's just a toggle).

Knowing what we know, we can structure our command in our chosen hotas device's lua file. For instance, in my "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog... .lua" file, I have the following:

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN16"}, }, down = 3012, up = 3012, cockpit_device_id = 15, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = "Fuel Booster", category = "Engine Control Panel"},

We're telling the game that, when button 16 on the TM Warthog throttle (the ENG L FUEL NORM / OVERRIDE switch) is pressed down (paradoxically, the switch is in the up position when it sends a button press), button 3012 (the fuel booster switch on the engine control panel in the cockpit) will be turned ON (aka 1), and when we turn that same button 16 is released (switch paradoxically in the down position), button 3012 will be turned OFF (aka 0).

Rinse, lather and repeat for all other cockpit switches. The buttons are far simpler because you don't worry about having them correlate to a switch position; you can just map those in-game.

Is this clear? If not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

edit: changed CODE tags to QUOTE because CODE tags suck.

• Like 1

Cool setup, Seikdel.

That will help a lot of newbies to find a useful setup for the TMWarthog hotas.

Here is another suggestion:

I'd recommend to map the elevator trim to the slider on the throttle (the throttle friction slider in the real plane).

The P-51 needs constant elevator trim input and I think the slider is more comfortable for finetuning the trim in a dogfight.

I've mapped the aileron and rudder trim to the coolie hat of the stick.

• 1 month later...