RPG units fire at aircraft?

sc275

Currently DCS world has units with a shoulder held RPG. Is there any way to allow them to fire at slow flying aircraft and helicopters? I've been flying the huey a ton and I'd love for some ground units to fire RPGs at me. Ground vehicles already fire at aircraft with their cannons and machine guns so I'm curious if we can allow rpg units to fire at us too.

First they need their kneecaps repaired... at least the Georgian ones. This way they could stand up and aim better :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

First they need their kneecaps repaired... at least the Georgian ones. This way they could stand up and aim better :D

I know right? I wish the RPG units wouldn't have a bipod on their rpg's too. It makes me cringe

after doing some testing i've confirmed that yes they do fire at a helicopter but only when it is on the ground. And it seems they don't fire any more after a few rounds. Is it possible to have them fire at aircraft in the air? And to give the unit more ammo? A script we could run to make the rpg unit fire at "player" when the helicopter is x meters/sec airspeed and y meters high?

Edited by sc275

Open:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\scripts\cannon.lua

Find: GT_t.LN_t.RPG.type = 2

Change to: GT_t.LN_t.RPG.type = 3

Now they'll waste their shots on flying things that come in range.

It works!!! I've been looking for this forever. Thanks so much. Rep inbound:pilotfly:

• 5 months later...
Open:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\scripts\cannon.lua

Find: GT_t.LN_t.RPG.type = 2

Change to: GT_t.LN_t.RPG.type = 3

Now they'll waste their shots on flying things that come in range.

But after this change they don't fire on ground objects anymore..? or..?

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03