If I own Flaming cliffs, is this the same airplane?

droz

Correct.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm glad that they supported us previous supporters by giving us the AFM without dinging us by requiring another purchase.

It's support like this that made me buy BS2, even though I've never flown it. I'll throw money at a good company that provides a great product with great service.

Thanks ED! (Seems too many simmers spend more time complaining than praising so I definitely want to say good things every chance I get)

Timothy

It's support like this that made me buy BS2, even though I've never flown it.

At least give the Shark a go; once you've tried it you'll never look back! :thumbup:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Detailed and accurate 3D model and animations

Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) capable cockpit

Advanced Flight Model (AFM)

Campaign and missions

A-10A skins from a wide array of squadrons

Both Simulation and Game modes

This is quoted from the A10 A download in the E shop page. I don't have this in the options (controls A10 A) menu. I did not buy the A 10 A I have FC3 (and yes updated to the latest version)

Is this wrongly stated or am I missing something?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
At least give the Shark a go; once you've tried it you'll never look back! :thumbup:

I barely have time for games or sims. I work 70 hours+ in the military. In exchange for losing sim time, I gain some really badass training time, doing things most people play games trying to replicate. I'm grateful, I'm not in a regular unit.

Is this included if you did not previously have FC3 and were to purchase it now?

Yes. One of the primary reasons for creating modules for the individual FC3 aircraft was to allow customers a way to acquire the aircraft without having to own/install LockOn. This also allowed them to be distributed via Steam which they cannot do with FC3 due to contractual terms with Ubisoft.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes. One of the primary reasons for creating modules for the individual FC3 aircraft was to allow customers a way to acquire the aircraft without having to own/install LockOn. This also allowed them to be distributed via Steam which they cannot do with FC3 due to contractual terms with Ubisoft.

Thanks for the info. I was worried it was not included with the current version and only beta players. Appreciated.

I barely have time for games or sims. I work 70 hours+ in the military. In exchange for losing sim time, I gain some really badass training time, doing things most people play games trying to replicate. I'm grateful, I'm not in a regular unit.

Um, okay, just saying, seeing as you bought it an' all. Enjoy the badass training! :thumbup:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I agree with Mr. Tim Burton (wonder if he is the Director, Batman, Dark Shadows, etc.), anyway like I said before no other Simulator Company before or ever since can hold a candle to Eagle Dynamics. Wouldn't be a bit surprise if they themselves have Military contractors asking that they make their military Simulators to train their real world pilots. And from what I gather these guys are just beginning. Wait til it keeps evolving. Could you image the F/A-18 module being comparable or even better than the A-10c Warthog, MAN! OH, MAN! So, Gentlemen, by all means, take your time. I'm sure we'll all be here, checking ever so often DCS's download pages. And as for all you Air Hunters. GOOD HUNTING & TALLY HO!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes and yes.

• 5 weeks later...

This sounds stupid, but I have been away and not played DCS for a while.

Can someone show me, by pics if you have them, what is different between the old a10 and the 'new' a10, please. My DCS just did an auto update and I want to be sure I have 'new' versions of A10 and Frogfoot (I am a FC3 owner).

Thanks if you can help an old man in his confusion!!:(

For now is the new 3D 6DoF cockpit and AFM. Some new switches added and fine tunning on avionics I suppose... but still at FC3 level not A10C. The A10A module (also sold separately now) is in Beta and some little bugs exists.

Here are some motion pictures to see bothe the new 6DoF pit and the AFM :D

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least